PDA

View Full Version : anyone been on the liberty?

mrjonez
05-17-2007, 10:52 AM
thinking of going out monday on an open charter. any thoughts on the liberty?
http://www.longbeachsportfishing.com/Te ... 0Trips.htm (http://www.longbeachsportfishing.com/Templates/Boats%20&%20Trips.htm)

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Gehtto Dad went out on it today Hit him up.

Funjunkie74
05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
The Liberty is a big and slow boat. But the crew is top notch, IMHO.
They offer a "Monday Madness" deal which is a really great way to get on the boat for less and experience it.

halo16
05-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I have been on the Liberty a few times . I like the boat and the crew.

It is a slow boat though and $60 regular days is a little more than some other local boats that go to Catalina. But Monday is $50 and has bunks. The captain and crew are good!. And they leave at 5am but some of the 6am boats may beat you to the island. :)

ghetto dad
05-17-2007, 08:16 PM

It is a slow boat though and $60 regular days is a little more than some other local boats that go to Catalina. But Monday is $50 and has bunks. The captain and crew are good!. And they leave at 5am but some of the 6am boats may beat you to the island. :)

OK GUYS ITS NOT THAT SLOW, GEEZ!! the sportking left the island long before us and we passed it coming in, and its a smaller boat, so give the liberty a break.... :D you ll like the Liberty man, 85 feet, has bunks, EXCELLENT CREW AND GALLEY COOK!!! cheri IS GREAT!!! pm me if you want more info!! peace

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 08:26 PM
There you go Mrjonez,

You hear it from the Great gehtto Dad, Ocean fisherman Deluxe.

ghetto dad
05-17-2007, 08:28 PM

i think daveys locker charges $80 or so for a "limited" load of 50!!!! thats funny....

ghetto dad
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
There you go Mrjonez,

You hear it from the Great gehtto Dad, Ocean fisherman Deluxe.

ok troutman, i cant take it anymore...its G.H.E.T.T.O........thanks!! :D

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 08:34 PM
Sorry Ghetto Buddy, Iam dyslexic. I get letters mixed up. Nothing personial intended.

mrjonez
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
sounds like a winner. might have to become a monday ritual. thanks for all the good info.

05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
I was just on that boat yesterday...Youll like it...Great food, crew, smooth ride and lots of fish..and can't beat the price....

mrjonez
05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
this is going to be my first open charter in socal, and i'm not sure what to bring gear wise. i have a sealine with 25lb line sitting on a medium action gloomis. this should be fine right, or should i bust out my tuna stick? i'm also assuming double droppers and some big weights, like 6 or 8 oz.

05-18-2007, 10:46 AM
this is going to be my first open charter in socal, and i'm not sure what to bring gear wise. i have a sealine with 25lb line sitting on a medium action gloomis. this should be fine right, or should i bust out my tuna stick? i'm also assuming double droppers and some big weights, like 6 or 8 oz.No Tuna sticks..

here's what youll need:
15#
20#
25#
30# or 40# just in case the big fish swing through

2/0 to 4/0 hooks
sliding sinkers
leadheads

Good Luck..

Anthony will put you on the fish....

ghetto dad
05-18-2007, 10:48 AM
this is going to be my first open charter in socal, and i'm not sure what to bring gear wise. i have a sealine with 25lb line sitting on a medium action gloomis. this should be fine right, or should i bust out my tuna stick? i'm also assuming double droppers and some big weights, like 6 or 8 oz.

noooooooooooo......they arent fishing rockfish, at least they havent been.....what i personaly bring is 12-40 lb test when i go to the island.......25 would be good for your heavier rod...but i would recommend a 12 or 15 lb for bass fishing....peace

mrjonez
05-18-2007, 10:52 AM
good thing i asked. i woulda showed up to a knife fight with a bazooka.

ghetto dad
05-18-2007, 11:02 AM
good thing i asked. i woulda showed up to a knife fight with a bazooka.

lol...bring the heavy rod along with the lighter stuff...if you want to have fun during (if any) slow times, bring a 2 lb rod, those perch were viscious yesterday!!!!

05-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah those perch were pretty aggresive...lmao

halo16
05-19-2007, 12:33 AM

i think daveys locker charges $80 or so for a "limited" load of 50!!!! thats funny....

Ghetto dad,

Love the passion :lol: , the Liberty to me is like a sports team you love.. you bash em when there playing like crap, but no matter what you love em. So I love that old boat no matter what, I think Anthony is a great captain and a big part of why people should choose that boat.

Also I always like when they beat the boat to the north of them especialy on the counts. The price comment stems from manager specials at some of the other landings. I wish berth 55 threw some more special on that sucker every once in a while. but hey Im they guy that brings the coupon to get the same price as the other boat 8) no harm no foul :wink:

Oh yeah next weekend is memorial day i hope they keep that web site updated, berth 55 does a great job on that. I may be looking to get on a overnight if the Liberty goes out. But was looking for sunday to fish monday(memorial day), i guess they probably wont because of their monday special.. ? anyways later