PDA

View Full Version : Shoreline Saltwater fishing spots around LA?

Ulua1
05-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Anyone know of any legal shoreline fishing spots in or around LA that is open at night? I've been trying to find some w/ no luck except for Santa Monica peir.
Any help and additional day time spots would be greatly appreciated. I know how taboo it is to give away your fishing hole so be as general as possible, definitely would not mind any detail as well. Thank you in advance!

U1

legacy1
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Would you happen to be from Hawaii?

Ulua1
05-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Yep, actually just moved here about a few years ago from Hawaii, been hard trying to find a spot to fish salt water, especially w/ all the laws up here, been kinda hard.

soulsurfer
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Hey Ulua1

most beaches close at midnight, your best bet if you want to avoid a ticket is to call the local police dept and check with them.

If you don't mind driving a bit, you can find some beaches that allow overnight camping. Then you can fish till morning. Carsbad, Mcgrath in Ventura, Maybe Belmont pier in LB still allows an allnighter.

I'm sure you miss whipping in HI where you can fish with no problem from any beaches at any time too.

I was there last year and whipped at dawn and dusk almost everyday.

Soul

DnYe
05-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Belmont Pier closes at midnight. The only other piers open 24hrs Redondo and Seal Beach. Newport I'm not to sure on, but I'm definte that someone on this board knows. Good luck bruddah...

Short Dogg

Ulua1
05-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Mahalo for all the info guys. I'll definitely consider all this info w/out a doubt.

Man I really do miss the islands fishing, whipping, exactly like soulsurfer said, all the way till the sun comes up at pretty much any beach man its like heaven, too many laws up here but hey it helps the fish to give live to fight another day and the people safe.
One thing I really miss is the ridge fishing for the big Ulua down on Bamboo ridge on Oahu.

Again Mahalo - legacy1, soulsurfer, & Short dogg. See you at the beach!

U1