PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly Ponds 4/3/08

rusty6
05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Got back from surfing today and decided that i needed to fish. i really didn't care whether or not i caught anything since i have yet to catch anything in the ponds anyways. So i ride my bike over to the lower pond about 5:30ish. First thing i tied on was a pumpkin seed creature bait from the tip i got from Ambassadorhawg. First cast i get slammed but i forgot to set my drag which was loose and i couldn't set the hook. No more love on the creature after that. I was pretty stoked just to have gotten a bite. Got bored and started throwing a popper just for the heck of it for no love. Then i got bored again and started looking through the limited tackle i had and saw that i had a small brown trout rapala that looked kinda like the bull fog tadpoles that were swimming around everywhere. first cast i had a solid pound-pound and a halfer follow it for about 10 cranks. no more love after that, so i switch to dropshotting a worm with a similar color to the rapala. that got me 3 dinks, my first bass of 08 and my first bass on the dropshot. decided to throw out the rapala again and got one more dink and that pounder before the sun went down. Got back to the dorm and my mojo continued, i got a 100% on my last Calculus 2 midterm!!

one_leg
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Rusty, way to go on test. :cool:

Thanks for the report too.

BBfish
05-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Very nice job... who do you have for calc?

troutslayer05
05-03-2008, 10:58 PM
NIce job on the Lm...Im moving to poly next month ill have to hit up those ponds.

steve092
05-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Good job on your test!

And good job on your fish!

txcurry
05-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Way to go on the test and fish. I love Cal Poly, one of my nieces is a Cal Poly grad, soon to be working on her Masters.

Ambassadorhawg
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
WOW! You mathematics and bassin' stud!

fatherof5
08-01-2008, 04:35 PM
My daughter is at a conference on campus, so while I wait for her I'll try out the ponds. I hope the rest of your semester went well too.

Troutman65
08-05-2008, 10:44 PM
CONGRATS on you test score !!!!

Good going on the bass too.

Fisherman57
08-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Sounds like a pretty good day Rusty!
A couple "firsts" and a 100 on a midterm! GOOD MOJO!

Congrats!

chrislxf
08-18-2008, 05:28 PM
Got back from surfing today and decided that i needed to fish. i really didn't care whether or not i caught anything since i have yet to catch anything in the ponds anyways. So i ride my bike over to the lower pond about 5:30ish.

When u say lower pond. I assume u mean the japanese garden, right? or is it the one right outside the dorm's fitness center? As far as fish, there is a nice 2 lber in smaller pond of the japanese garden, and a 13" bluegill. And a catfish in the bigger pond of the japanese garden. And there are a couple of 3-5lber in the pond in front of the fitness center.

I don't know if u are allow to fish in the pond. but anyway good job on the catch. Don't ask me why i know, i just did.

And for those of u that really need a redear slider turtle, go get some cause the ponds are infested by them as ppl drop them off illegally after they get big. Come in all different sizes.

rusty6
08-18-2008, 06:51 PM
no no no no, there are ponds way out in the ag parts of the school bro.