PDA

View Full Version : North Zuma butt patrol--

sidified
05-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Well, I took a page from the Book of Wingnut and it paid off---Went surf fishing for the first time on an incoming tide at north zuma--I spent six hours in the water and managed to stay on my feet the entire time---I had a couple LCs but pitched a 5/8 oz. blue mack Crocodile the entire afternoon---caught just three fish---a yfc, a momma perch--released--and a---drum roll please---LEGAL butt---24''---NOT released but perfectly broiled and gratefully savored by the family that eve---
I managed to forget my tape measure---once again this was my first time out---and was nervous about it being 22''---but I did know I had a 7'6'' rod---measured that length off with some leader---let's see, that's uhhh---80''---half of that--- then half of that----alright!! I've got a 22 1/2 inch measuring---string--- and the fish was easily a couple inches longer--
How lucky is it to have your first hali be legal?--Before it happens again I'll probably have to toss back 40 shorts just to pay penance---Thanks Master Wing for your counsel---

troutdog
05-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Congrats on a successful hali hunt, the surf fishing has been great this season up North.

TD

Wingnut
05-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Wow, now that's what I call a fantastic FIRST surf fishing outing! Three species AND a legal Butt, simply awesome. Congrats on a great day... a lot of work but it does pay off doesn't it? :cool:

Well done, and don't forget your camera... and your tape measure next time. ;)