PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing in Ventura/Oxnard questions?

Raw worms
05-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Its been years sents I went surf fishing and I had a few questions. I am heading to the Ventura/ Oxnard area on sunday and wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction to some good areas to fish? Also, I was wondering what is the hot baits to try? I like to fish the plastic baits. I here that the Berkley sandworms in a camo colors works good and motor oil colored 2" grubs are some of the standard plastics. What is the best size line 6#,8#, or 10#? In the past I have just use a carolina rig. Does the drop shot work?

Thanks for the help and wishing all tight lines and great weather,
Raw Worms

troutslayer05
05-02-2008, 10:54 PM
If i were you i would pm wingnut...haha if you want to drive a lil i hear that carpenteria reef is a good spot for halis. My buddy just speared a 35" hali there. Good luck

Cangler
05-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Missed your post yesterday ... i fish that area all the time.. if you didnt get it worked out today , let me know .

Raw worms
05-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I didn't get to head out to any farther north than ventura but I did get into some perch. Thanks for the help maybe i'll try out there next time. See you all out on the water soon.