PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del Rey -more toad action but no halibut satisfaction

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Hit the Marina Jetty for Halibut last night with Rez, the flatties didn’t want to party, I had high expectations as I went there Saturday night and caught 3.

Sandsharks were dancing about and were running rampant.

I caught 6 Thornback sandsharks and 1 Toad Shovelnose sandshark, that sucka put up a great fight.

Rez caught 2 Thornback sandsharks.

Carolina rigged "stitched" sardines were the preferrede method till we ran out, then cut mackeral was on their menu.

In about 6-8' of water

I’ll return for another hunt for more adventure soon.

Gary
P.S.
Yes thats water all over me, the surf was crashing hard last night, I got doused about 5 times real good !

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/shovelnose-marina5-1-081.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/shovelnose-marina5-1-082.jpg

ThemBastards
05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
uhhh(sigh) what ever.:lol:

Good job Gary

barbiegirl
05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm jealous! :(

Brian_GSC
05-02-2008, 10:07 AM
I was changing diapers and you were reeling in a toad SNGF. I'll trade ya! :mrgreen: :):lol:

Thanks for the report!

KILLA
05-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Yea boy, nice work out there gary! Do you ever sleep. I bet you hibernate once a year...haha Time for me to hit up San Clemente pier. I caught a 80lb ray about a year ago. You should get a scale a weigh those things.

What kind of set up do you usually use?

I use a Sealine, 20 lb, 4 oz, with a 2 ft leader. (seems to work pretty well).

Didn't recognize you with out the hat....lmao

Killa

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-02-2008, 12:27 PM

Good job Gary
What on EARTH does this mean ??????????????????????????????

Thanks for the props buddy : )

I'm jealous! :(

It's all good, your toad will be coming up soon enough...my spidey sense fortells a 26" halibut.

Just my luck, I'll catch a sandshark : (

I was changing diapers and you were reeling in a toad SNGF. I'll trade ya! :mrgreen: :):lol:

Thanks for the report!

Take care o that Sh*aT and then go fishing : ) teach that kiddie to fiash as soon as he's old enough...then you'll have good reason to go : )

Yea boy, nice work out there gary! Do you ever sleep. I bet you hibernate once a year...haha Time for me to hit up San Clemente pier. I caught a 80lb ray about a year ago. You should get a scale a weigh those things.

What kind of set up do you usually use?

I use a Sealine, 20 lb, 4 oz, with a 2 ft leader. (seems to work pretty well).

Didn't recognize you with out the hat....lmao

Killa

I've said before, sleep is for the weak !!!! I can sleep after I die, live life and enjoy it....yeah buddy, strike while the irons hot or the action for that matter,
I'll be helping the publics kids fish tomorrow morning at the castaic lagoon event (insert plug here-bring the kids out tomorrow)
and killing mr Stripey on sunday morning, going for 2k run after attending CPR training, I'll go for a brisk 5 mile bike ride after work, then chop wood for the fire later that evening...j/k

I will be at the lake helping the kiddies tomorrow, come join the fun....

If your asking bout the rig for my Batty, I was running 50lb mono for a while but those big boys were snapping it off.
I've gone to 50 lb gorrilla braid on a baitcaster, rigged with a sliding pyramid sinker,nead % #5/0 Gamagakstu hook.

Fer the flatties, simple carolina rig, 15 lb test on 1 pole, 8 lb on the other, the shark above was caught on 15 lb test...."STITCH IT"

troutdog
05-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Daaang that is one heck of a SNGF:shock: No halis, but hey at least no skunk either!

How big where the halis from Sat? Did you post a report that I missed?

Looking forward to the next post already!

TD

BakoBassin
05-02-2008, 01:10 PM

LOL...Ya know? After a while it's like "OK we know you catch fish"...LOL

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-02-2008, 05:24 PM
LOL...Ya know? After a while it's like "OK we know you catch fish"...LOL

Maybe I'll start abalone fishin and stop catchin them fishies !...didn't know I got those skills too...did ya !!!!

Lobster hoopin ??? (outa season)
Insect colectin? (you should see my collection !)
Snipe huntin ? (I'm not that gullible)
Smack talkin (I think thats it !)

Ha Ha ha Ha j/k
Gary

BingJr
05-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I remember the good ol days when gary used to fish in lakes. Those were the days before he caught the bat fever. Now weve lost him to lurking around dark back bays and marinas looking for any area he can land a tripple dig batty. Man that fever is no joke. I hope I dont catch it!

gletemfeelsteelgary
05-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I remember the good ol days when gary used to fish in lakes. Those were the days before he caught the bat fever. Now weve lost him to lurking around dark back bays and marinas looking for any area he can land a tripple dig batty. Man that fever is no joke. I hope I dont catch it!

If you get da feva...and I see ya lurkin in my honeyholes beware....I'm always lurking in the dark...looking...watching, waiting, I don't sleep anymore but between tides I sit in wait for the smelt run to bring them big fishies in close....don't be in my way when that happens...one might find me lurking in thems freshwater lairs this weekend....gotta kill me some 'em else, salwater is safe fer a few days....arggggggh !

crappiemike
05-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Nice To See A Good Size Shovelnose, Congrats To You!

Cm

one_leg
05-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Nice one Gary!!!