PDA

View Full Version : Convict Lake 2008 Opening Day Weekend

BigGameHunter
05-01-2008, 09:28 PM
We actuaually started a little early this year to fish lower owens and East Walker... We took off early Thurs morning to fish the traps in Lone Pine by 5:30... I had good success at both traps..

We then moved to the owens in Bishop. It was kind of slow for me. After a little fishing we had brunch at Jakes and off to scope out Convict Lake for the Opener.

Opening Day at Convict was a little crowded for us due to arriving late after a little partying.. None the less 3:45 was too late.. We opted to squeeze in on the south shore until light broke and went out on the tube. (I saw JWORHTY....LAL42 on th tube.. Sorry for not chopping it up with you a little more, but you just seemed like you were in the zone bro....) My buddy and I had success as you can see. The next few days we hit the inlet, jetty and south shore. We even endured the winds that pounded us weds afternoon but it paid off by catching 24+ (stopped counting....lost track) off the jetty.

It was a good trip considering........ Hoping to get back within a month or so.

LB were you at?

troutdog
05-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Nicely done BigGameHunter, congrats on a great opening weekend and braving the winds.

That last picture is awesome....beautiful sunset in the Sierras, got to love it!

Nice fish in pic #4. Seems like most of the better catches come from guys wearing that hat these days! ;)

TD

BishopTrouter
05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
sounds like a really good trip and i agree with the guy above me that last picture is tight