PDA

View Full Version : newbie on a pontoon

narfbait
05-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure if this should be posted under "boats" or "Tubers and Yakers". I been looking for some tips on my new Classic Accessories Cimarron Pontoon Boat. I would like some tips on gear that will make its maiden voyage more successful. Any info on: anchors, pole holders, waders, fins, or anything you can think of. I would also appreciate any tips on inflating the 2 bladders. Thanx.

Ronira
05-24-2007, 04:24 AM
Hey narfbait try going to the Bass-N-Tubes website and you'll see a ton of stuff you can do with your boat. Peace Ron

narfbait
05-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the web site. I picked up the term "kickboat" from there and googled it. There's not a lot of info out there. It's awesome how they trick those pontoons up.

Ronira
05-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Thought you might like that site narfbait. They have a gallery of stuff on pontoons thats pretty darn creative. I looked up your boat and I think some of the lighter styles of modifications would really work well. I've got an ODC 1018 from Creek Co. and love it a ton. That boat and frame took a lot of the work out of it for me. Here's a pic of my boat. If you ever want to compare notes on pontoon boats I'm always up for it. Whenever your set up to go pm me and I would enjoy fishing with you. Good luck with the boat. Peace Ron

Git R Done
05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
THATS A NICE SETUP...GOTTA GET THAT THANKS

Hawkeye5447
05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
I picked one of those up a few months ago. i love it. You know if you just stick to the oars it comes with youll be fine. No fins needed, unless you find your self in a bit of current or high winds. I bring one just to stableize me. Also i would make your own rod holders cause its really hard to place anything on that thing. Also besides that i would email Classic and tell them that your tube popped and they will send you two new bladders for free. One of mine did pop and it sucks getting left out there with no pontoon. Just pick up any pump and fill it partially then use your mouth to blow up the rest. Definitly dont want to pop it. I got mine just cause i was tired of being wet and cold in a float tube. Im so happy that i finally can wear a jacket. Hit me up if you have anymore questions.

Ronira
05-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey Hawkeye5447 how you doin, did you get a creek co boat? Some of those boats can mount a casting deck instead of using it as a kickboat. I traded the kickboat option for the standup option and am really glad I did. My boat is 100% dry and I can stand up and stretch my legs. I was a whitewater guide in no cal so I like to row anyway and it's a lot faster than fins if your trying to get somewhere. I use the trolling motor a lot as well because I'm a lazy guy. I mounted a rod holder on the side of my battery box since the pic and can't wait to try it out. Peace Ron

Hawkeye5447
05-30-2007, 06:05 PM
No i just have the classic cimmaron. Although that shounds awesome at the moment i have no need for a stand up option. I have seen them and they are out of my price range. I dont do enough on the rivers to have the need. :)

lightthesky
06-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey guys, heres an older picture of my kickboat. Ill post a more recent photo of my kickboat soon. I built a wood deck in the back, added a seat pedastle and swivel so I sit pretty darn high. I now have a lowarance m68c. I also have a platform in the front thats stable enough for me to stand but still have a gap in front to use my fins when I want to keep stable. My rod holders are made with hose clamps and pvc. Thats the beauty of these boats, cause its all up to your imagination to customize it in any/your way. check BASS-N-TUBES.COM pictures. They have riggin tips. Im out at puddingstone alot but I go everywhere with it from castaic to silverwood. They're awesome
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/img001.jpg

Ronira
06-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Whats up Lightthesky, your boat rocks. The homemade deck and motormount are cool and the rod holders are outstanding. It looks like they bell at the top. how did you do that. I've got the fishing buddy 2202 on my boat and it's mounted to the front of the standing deck. I don't think you can see it in the photo I posted. I've got the seat pedastle and swivel as well and I think it really makes the boat fish a lot better both for being higher off the water and for running the trolling motor. I can't use the kickboat option at all because the standing deck takes up all the room in front of the seat. I like the anchor pulley. Mine is under the rear deck right in front of my motor and I had to add an 1 1/2 inches of material to the mount to keep the anchor from banging into the motor shaft. I also have to make sure I tilt the motor before I let the anchor down or it will clunk motor if i'm moving forward at all. I like yours much better being behind the motor. I would enjoy fishing with you sometime if your up for it. That way I could steal some ideas from your boat. I fish Perris and I've been to Silverwood once as well. I'm up for a trip to Castaic as I've never been there. Anyway I enjoyed checking out your boat and I'll get to fish on fathers day for sure. Peace Ron