PDA

View Full Version : Sea Horse in Dana

Liteliner
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Anybody got info on this boat. It seems like I will be on this boat tomorrow night.

troutdog
05-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about that boat from my frineds that have fished on it. If there are yellows to be caught that boat will find them. I look forward to hearing what you think. Good luck out there Litelliner!

TD

jplee3
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I have heard nothing but good things about that boat from my frineds that have fished on it. If there are yellows to be caught that boat will find them. I look forward to hearing what you think. Good luck out there Litelliner!

TD

Thanks! I'm considering jumping on this one in mid May. Seems like a good boat. Liteliner, let us know how it goes!

Homeslice
05-01-2008, 12:39 PM
haven't heard good things about the Seahorse. The Captain couldn't keep the boat still and the deck hands were morons. But these words were from years ago.

rusty6
05-01-2008, 12:50 PM
i dont know about you guys, but counts in general for dana boats are always redicilously low...

Brian_GSC
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I went on the SeaHorse a few seasons ago for an overnight to Clemente.

These are my observations:

It has an open bunkroom. If you get bunks in the center of the room you basically have to double bunk with a guy next to you. If you get bunks on the sides, there wasn't any dividers, so your feet could touch somebody's hear, or worse, somebody's feet could touch your head.

The head was not clean, and there was vomit on the walls. (this was when we first boarded the boat, after they cleaned it!)

The bait tank had a problems and a lot of the bait died off

There was a leak in the bunk room and a few of the bunks got flooded.

There isn't a big galley to sit inside. There is a small area outside the galley for passengers to sit.

In general, the boat seemed a little run-down. It needed some TLC.

Personally I'd rather spend a little more and get on a better boat.

Now, A LOT can change in a few seasons, no doubt. Perhaps it is a much better operation now...I don't know. If you do go out, make sure to post a report. Good Luck!!! :thumb:

troutdog
05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
haven't heard good things about the Seahorse. The Captain couldn't keep the boat still and the deck hands were morons. But these words were from years ago.

Yeah the info I got was from last season and the crew may or may not have changed as I have never fished on the boat myself. I go to my old standby boat the 85' Freedom out of 22nd Street Landing. Personally I think it is the best overnight boat in So. Cal. and capt Tom Lee is an awesome skipper and great guy.

Once again good luck!

TD

Ricky-Ray
05-01-2008, 01:16 PM
http://fishseahorse.976-tuna.com/

troutdog - we might have shared the rail on the Freedom at one time or another. I usually fish the Freedom quite a bit too. It's my go to overnight boat in LA too. Although I probably won't get to go on her that much this season.

troutdog
05-01-2008, 01:20 PM
http://fishseahorse.976-tuna.com/

troutdog - we might have shared the rail on the Freedom at one time or another. I usually fish the Freedom quite a bit too. It's my go to overnight boat in LA too. Although I probably won't get to go on her that much this season.

Ricky-Ray you got to join me at least once this season when the surface bite gets going....I got a $5 off coupon with your name on it if you like!;)

TD

pyronut
05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey there,

I have fished on the Seahorse and the boat and crew are great. Tyler the owner captain is awesome and works very hard for fish. I was over there last month on the boat and Tyler did all he could to get us into the Yellows. Granted the boat is a little small but I felt very comfortable on it. Butch the galley cook and deckhand was also great and the crew is very friendly.

Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences on the boat but I have fished it now 4 times including late last season and I have always had a good time. Also Tyler could get more for these overnight trips but he keeps it very reasonable .

Pyronut

Liteliner
05-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys for the link and the feedback. I wanted to do the freedom but they were goin on a two day trip this weekend. I will try the sea horse though and right a review for you guys to settle if its a good boat or not. Cost is 130. They did get one yellow on sunday so I have a tiny chance at some forkies. TD an Ricky hit me up if you guys go out in june on the freedom. I wanna see how this freedom boat really is as well. Wish me luck.

hung380
05-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Small boat
hard working crew
bring your sleeping bag
bring a can of air freshner (bunk smells like ***)
wife is letting you go bro? LOL
bring some bottom jigs for monster reds
have fun

Ricky-Ray
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
I might be able to squeeze in a overnight trip on the Freedom in June or July.

Liteliner
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Well drove down to dana and there wasnt enough people so trip was canceled. Gonna try again tomorrow night.

hung380
05-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Peter, if you wanna go to clemente I'll be glad to take you on my boat. Im planning to head out to clemente sometimes next week or two if the yellows really bite. Just chip in for fuel and bait. Dont worry! I wont go past 25 knots! haha

Liteliner
05-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Im actually probably gonna be free all weekend next week. Lee is goin to minnesota with the baby to visit her grandparent before they move to arkansas so i will be home. We could do that. Or we could do bishop. Or pyramid. Or how bout pyramid one day and clemente the other day.

Liteliner
05-03-2008, 08:14 AM
They caught some yellows yesterday at clemente bro. You wanna go tonight? Hit me up. I bet its wide open today. Watch.

hung380
05-03-2008, 08:33 AM
clementes should be going off shortly.
catalina already has yellows breezing but will not bite.
Baby green trophy wont be done until friday but we can take mini whoopass to pyramid this weekend or you can check your pm for the latest hot bite at this one lake for wide open ________?

hung380
05-03-2008, 08:36 AM
isnt bishop all frozen up man?

halo16
05-04-2008, 01:51 AM
The bunks on the Sea Horse is a big no from me.

favorite boat for me and will be in SD soon but is out of LA Harbor is the First String. Great crew and very clean and nice sleeping area.

The Freedom is a love / hate thing from a lot of anglers i remember last year there was a
very bad report on another site, and people were divided almost down the middle.

But i would jump on the First String, Freedom, Eldo.. (Liberty, not sure yet this year?)

I went on the TideChange last year bad crew, but the boat was clean and nice for a smaller boat may give it another try if the crew has changed.

Never been on the Thunderbird...