PDA

View Full Version : Other Bass lures for Butts? Would Ikas and senkos work?

ToadsToadsOnly
05-01-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm thinking if crankbaits, jerkbait's, dropshotting plastics, flukes, work for halibut and saltwater bass. Why wouldn't Ikas, plastic crawdads, and senkos work? Anyone try using other Largemouth Bass techniques and lures to entice Halibut or other ocean species in the surf? I've caught numerous spotted bay bass and halibut texas rigging a plastic worm. Next time we go to the surf guys lets try some freshwater lures we might find a new favorite bait.

vanillagurilla
05-01-2008, 12:55 PM
yeah i need to get down to bolsa soon seeing as i only live about 8 miles from there now. i have a 10" power worm ive been wanting to try :D. wish i could get live bait err.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-01-2008, 01:25 PM
im thinking a chatter bait would work cuz its loud and has good movement..im thinking white,blue black,green black.:smile:

FisherManDingo
05-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey Guys! While we're on the subject about bait... Any of you ever use chicken livers for bait? I havn't, but I can only imagine the outcome. Catfish love it, why not a halibut or even a leopard? What do you guys think?

Cangler
05-01-2008, 04:56 PM
If you want to use bait , id stick with sardines for butts ... i've caught plenty of rays and sharks on cut squid

Zombie Bass ATTACK
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
PEOPLE!!! :::confused::confused::confused::confused::confuse d::confused::confused::confused::confused:::
HES NOT TALKING OR ASKING ABOUT LIVE BAIT!!!:rofl:

flyngby
05-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I'll be trying some unconventional techniques in the surf tomorrow!

Yellow Fever 80
05-03-2008, 01:34 AM
I think they would sink funny because of all the salt in them or maybe float.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
05-03-2008, 07:37 AM
The Drop Shot Is A Killer For Me In The Bay ,beach ,andjettys. I Like The Flash Trix Minnows From 2 To 3 ".and The Small Bass Assn ,in Green Back. Both Work Good On The Drop Shot. I Just Bought Some Small Ikas In Water Melon,for Next Time I Go To The Jettys. Using The Weedless Texas Set Up Right In The Rocks. They Do Resemble Those Small Green Crabs. Of Course You Cant Go Wrong ,with Hard Slash Baits In Shallow Water. Good Luck, And God Bless ...mike The Pmb....

reaktion4
05-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I have tried dragging a deep diving crank bait in silver shad color right in the sand with hood results. Good Luck..