PDA

View Full Version : is redondo or cabrillo jetties public?

mr iono
05-16-2007, 07:32 PM
hi, i just wanted to know if the redondo beach and cabrillo beach jetties are public, and if they require a fishing license to fish on. any info would be appreciated. thanks

v6v6v6
05-16-2007, 07:57 PM
hi, i just wanted to know if the redondo beach and cabrillo beach jetties are public, and if they require a fishing license to fish on. any info would be appreciated. thanks

Not sure about Cabrillo (haven't been there), but I'm pretty sure the Redondo jetty doesn't require a license. 1.88 in the regs say:

Additionally, publicly owned jetties or breakwaters that are connected to land, as described above, that have free unrestricted access for the general public and whose purpose it is to form the most seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor are public piers. Jetties, breakwaters, promenades, sea walls, moles, docks, linings, barriers and other structures that are not the most seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor, are not public piers.

But I'd contact DFG to be 100% sure.

Nessie Hunter
05-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Buy a License and dont worry till Dec 31.....

ghetto dad
05-16-2007, 09:36 PM

i agree, i have always wondered about that nessie....

mr iono
05-16-2007, 11:10 PM

ooh.... i already bought a license since the start of the year. i was just wondering so that i can bring some friends along without them having to buy licenses.

kanco
05-17-2007, 10:05 AM
It's less than $10 for a day fishing liscense.

If they don't fish, they don't have anything to worry about. Just don't let them touch the fishing gear or be caught carrying your fish back to the car.

jplee3
05-17-2007, 10:19 AM
It's less than $10 for a day fishing liscense.

If they don't fish, they don't have anything to worry about. Just don't let them touch the fishing gear or be caught carrying your fish back to the car.

Actually, day fishing licenses were $12~ i thought...

kanco
05-17-2007, 11:41 AM
still cheap to avoid a hefty DFG fine or have your gear taken away if caught fishing without one. Specially if you don't fish much all year.

If you fish more than 5 times a year then just go out and buy the year license.

mr iono
05-17-2007, 02:34 PM
alright, thanks for the help guys. ill suggest they get a day pass then

SanDimasLMB
05-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Most jetties DO require a license. Especially jetties like the Channel Islands Coast Guard jetty :lol:

victor101
05-19-2007, 07:59 AM
fishing is not allowed on the cabrillo breakwall......but people do it anyways. me included.... :lol: . just be careful cause it can get slippery.