PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Pontoon or Colorodo Pontoon?

FisherManDingo
04-29-2008, 11:27 PM
I've almost decided that I'm going to go with a pontoon, or "toon" as most of you say. I cant ake up my mind. I like the Rogue Pontoon and can get it from Wal-Mart.com for $399 or the Colorodo Pontoon for $349? Anyone hear anything about these two toons? (I feel like one of you already...haha) Thanks Guys!

Ghost
04-30-2008, 01:08 AM
I got the Colorado XT, this is the upgraded version of the Colorado. Make sure that if you're buying the Colorado XT, it's not the Colorado; the older model. There have been issues of air leaking out of the valves. The new version has summit 2 air valves which are much better. The way you can tell which is which; is to look at the side bags. The new model the bags can be taken off, while on the older model it's sewn on, part of the pontoons.

The weight of the Colorado XT is 77 lb & the weight of the Rogue is 90 lbs, per Cabelas site.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20431-cat360011&id=0052743320236a&navCount=3&podId=0052743&parentId=cat360011&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat360011&hasJS=true

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20431-cat360011&id=0036586318843a&navCount=5&podId=0036586&parentId=cat360011&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat360011&hasJS=true

The side bags on the Colorado XT, you can take them off while on the Rogue it is sewn on & part of the pontoon. The removable bags on the Colorado XT also has a carry handle & you can either put both the bags on the side of the pontoons or put one in the basket in back.

Both of the ones you want have the wheel which is a nice feature. The older Colorado did not have this accessory.

Looking at the frame of both of them, they are the same frame. Made of steel....if you are planning on using your pontoon for saltwater fishing, this is not the frame material you want, it will rust. You would instead want an aluminum frame pontoon boat.

If anything, get the Colorado XT. It comes in 2 colors & I wanted the pumpkin (orange). This is a better color to be seen while on the water. If you go to lakes that have boats or jet skiers, it better to be seen before they get too close to you. The Rogue comes in 1 color only.

Here's a link to Classic Accessories:

http://www.classicaccessories.com/subcategory.aspx?id=19

You can compare both pontoons. You can call them also & ask to talk to Kristy Cable, she's the one that knows about the pontoon boats & can probably give you more of a better idea the difference of the 2.

I bought the Colorado XT cuz it was on sale at the Cabelas store close to me & finding out that this is an upgraded version, I know that the problems w/ the original Colorado have been fixed.

Ronira
04-30-2008, 07:47 AM
Cabelas has the Creek Co. ODC 915 on sale for $549.00 That boat has an aluminum frame and a lifetime warranty from Creek Co. Better whitewater boat as well. Comes with an anchor system that rocks( I have the same system on my ODC 1018). It has a solid aluminum rear deck with a motor mount instead of mesh and you can buy a standing deck made for the boat if you don't want to make your own. The oar locks are bomber and smooth to row and these boats are really well made. I've had my ODC 1018 For 3 yrs this summer and it is the same as when I bought it, well plus a lot stuff I added to it. If you spend the extra money on the Creek Co boat you won't be sorry.

spooks
04-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Here's a place worth looking at.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=16762

River Tamer / SDPB5901A
SDPB5901A

Water Skeeter River Tamer

# 108" x 55" Circumference pontoons
# 1200 Denier PVC double coated 22" tip rise pontoons with welded and stiched seams.
# .5mm PVC Bladders with 2 separate air chambers for each pontoon.
# 3 peice light weight sturdy powder coated aluminum frame & raised seat frame with composite rope cleat.
# Heavy duty dual zipper rigid nylon storage side packs.
# New Design aluminum rod holder, PVC molded drink and lure holder.
# 2 position oar lock mounts with Large bronze oar locks.
# Integrated removable anchor system with motor mount.
# Delux padded, folding, molded 3 position plastic seat with swivel seat base.
# 6 position adjustable leg rests with rubber foot pads.
# 2 piece 7 ft. black powder coated floating aluminum oars with 13" PVC sleeve and rubber Oar stops.
# Powder coated removable raised rear storage compartment.
# Reinforced welded warp-around nylon webbing cinch straps for fast attachment of potoons to frame.
# New lap-style mesh PVC coated stripping apron.
# Patented design and features apply.
# Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
# Ship Weight: 77 lbs.

$850.00 $749.99
(Savings: $100.01)

Ronira
05-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeh I saw that spooks, that boat with trolling motor for 400.00 is a good buy. Someone on here ought to pick that up.

ryanbsimmcon
05-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Dingo, if you settle with the Rogue or Colorado, check Costco $299 for both those models and free shipping to store like Walmart does.

Coach D'
05-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I think the Colorado is PERFECT! Mine is in orange, and like mentined earlier good visibility. I weighted down with a trolling motor, electric ancor, 6 rods, cooler next to the battery... with no problem