PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon or Kayak?!?

FisherManDingo
04-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey All,

Just like the title says....Pontoon or Kayak?!? I would like to start kayaking, but the pontoons look very intriguing ... What do you people think?

Flying
04-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Apples or oranges? Its all really preference.

Where do you do most of your fishing?

Z-TUNAKILLER
04-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey FMD, i went to the DARK SIDE.... i'm 6' 5" an 300lbs. i was considering a yak at first, but ended up with a Creek Co. ODC 1018 and i'm ....

VERY HAPPY.8-)

just take your time do a little research, maybe give both a test drive, then consider your budget and what types of water you'll be fishing....

I got the 1018 because i'll be fishing lakes, rivers & saltwater harbors, the CC has an aluminum frame ( salt friendly ) and can carrier up to 400lbs. with gear total, i think its rated for up to class IIII rapids and has 10ft. pontoons, i add a standing deck, Minn Kota Rip-Tide trolling motor, Optima batt. & HB fish finder/GPS.....

oh yeah, almost forgot about the 30 pack cooler :beer::beer::beer:

Good Luck and if you see me at Castaic LaGoon give a yell, i'll let you take ToonZilla for a test ride .....

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/NORMSZ/P3110003.jpg

ToonZilla

FISH ON !

FisherManDingo
04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Apples or oranges? Its all really preference.

Where do you do most of your fishing?

I've started surf fishing not too long ago. I also like fishing the harbors.

FisherManDingo
04-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Thats a cool looking set up. I didn't know that you have to register a pontoon. Is it expensive? Where do you usually fish? Which saltwater harbors? And where do you launch? Sorry for all the questions, but I get excited.

Ghost
04-29-2008, 04:33 PM
You only have to get it registered if you have a trolling motor. No motor no registration.

I have both a pontoon boat & a sit-in kayak. I prefer the pontoon cuz I can cover alot more water & once there I use my fins to keep in position. The kayak, even if there is a little breeze, I get pushed off the area quickly & have to paddle back to that area.