PDA

View Full Version : May 12th no pics BAD boat!!!!

Karma1
05-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Just thought id post this report to let everyone know how bad the SUNRISE was!!!!
Left at 4am out of oxnard and fished for basically nothing!!!! stayed close to shore more than 70% of the time! only time we really hooked up was when we fished next to other boats which lasted for an hour??
never seen a Captain and BOTH crew guys fishing more in my life! even when we needed the help! NO SUNRISE people. 2 thumbs down!!!

jplee3
05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Just thought id post this report to let everyone know how bad the SUNRISE was!!!!
Left at 4am out of oxnard and fished for basically nothing!!!! stayed close to shore more than 70% of the time! only time we really hooked up was when we fished next to other boats which lasted for an hour??
never seen a Captain and BOTH crew guys fishing more in my life! even when we needed the help! NO SUNRISE people. 2 thumbs down!!!

is this the same one:
http://www.sunrise-sportfishing.com/report.htm

130~ fish among 16 anglers?

zZaNg
05-16-2007, 04:43 PM
maybe the deck hands caught em all. lmao

Karma1
05-16-2007, 07:11 PM

is this the same one:
http://www.sunrise-sportfishing.com/report.htm

130~ fish among 16 anglers?

HAHA yeah that is the report!
WOW looking at the report like that, it sounds pretty damn good. the reason the rockfish is sooo damn high is cuz they counted ALL of them! im talking 2"-4" rockfish. jackpot was a 7lb lingcod if even that weight. the second lingcod was caught by the DAMN crew!!!! he pulls out a nice fat bait to use and gives us all the small one. WTF is that about! im paying you get me fish, not me paying you to hookup. total bs if you ask me.

Karma1
05-16-2007, 07:13 PM
maybe the deck hands caught em all. lmao

sad part is... they probably did! thats how much they were fishing!

Karma1
05-16-2007, 07:18 PM
JP ,
i just looked at the whole site and im not sure if that was our captian. i heard someone saying that it wasnt his boat so i doubt our captian was Chris H.

zZaNg
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
did u catch anything?

Karma1
05-16-2007, 07:23 PM
5 rockfish heaviest was 2lbs? rest were small

jplee3
05-16-2007, 07:31 PM
JP ,
i just looked at the whole site and im not sure if that was our captian. i heard someone saying that it wasnt his boat so i doubt our captian was Chris H.

:(

doh... hopefully it wasn't a rogue deckhand in charge ;)

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experiance. Thanks for the heads up on that boat.

JapanRon
05-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi Karma1,

Sorry to hear of the trip. Sometimes it's just that .... a single trip. It's funny that you mentioned the 2~3inch fish. I've seen decks practically dive :shock: for a 'floater' to snatch it away from an awaiting Pelican :roll: to ceremonously pop it into the live bait trough or cooler! :o ha ha ha You can bet those went into the count too! :wink:

Send your complains to the website so the owner can have some fresh imput! Be sure to be specific on the day and what you know of the crew, area fished.

I've been on many a trip where I caught less than you that's for sure.

Crew fishing ............... case by case unless you were ignored when asking for help and that is an absolute NO NO!

JapanRon

Tail Chaser
05-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Sorry to here about the bad MOO MOO trip.
Just read a report about a bad trip on the Freelance out of Davies. :evil:
YES!.... owning your own boat can be a good thing :P