PDA

View Full Version : Two More Lanes Between Indy and Big Pine

pc2mac
04-28-2008, 02:49 PM
For those of you who drove up this weekend, you were probably rejoicing that they are finally building two more lanes between Independence and Big Pine. The LA Times Article below says it should be finished by next year. It also talks about some of the bad accidents that have occured on the two lane sections of the 395.

Just drive safe guys. I'm just glad skiing season is almost done with, it those guys in their landrovers, hummers, and sports cars that usually race past me on the 395 during the winter months.....

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-roadsage28apr28,1,4047221.column

FISH_HUNTER
04-28-2008, 02:57 PM
:appl::appl::appl::banana::banana::banana:
DON'T HAVE TO WORRIE ABOUT ME SPEEDING ON THE 395!! WAY TOOO MANY CHiPs :shock::shock: YOU HAVE BETTER LUCK ON THE I15 TO SIN CITY.

pc2mac
04-28-2008, 03:03 PM
The last two tickets I ever got was when on trips coming back from 395 so I usually keep my speed down. I've also seen too many close calls.....

fishntoss
05-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Coming back from opening day years ago, I had a guy pass me and some other cars ahead. He whizzed pass me and next thing I know another guy was passing us. Not only did he pass us but he passed the guy already passing. Yeah, in the emergency lane. Luckily, nothing happened.
Just because it's open road out there, doesn't mean you can act stupid...

Badfish2
05-08-2008, 04:02 AM
That's not even the dangerous part of that hwy.. the worst part is between Red Mountain and Hesperia. That whole stretch is a death trap and there are no plans to widen it.

Fear No Trout
05-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I agree...when I went to Manzanar to give my lecture and walking tour I was amazed how there is only a few stretches of road that is only two lanes. It makes for a nicer and more convenient drive not to mention the safety factor not having to worry about passing.

Good post for those of you haven't gone up to the Sierra.

Fear No Trout

IncredibleHuck
05-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info Pete!