PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Lake Reservoir

etaggart
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Beautiful spot, but fishing's always been pretty slow for us there.

Hit the lake late in the morning (about 11:30am) and trolled most of the day from the dam to the bouys. Hit 2 trout about 1lb each both on the same medium sized green rapalla lure. Buddy hit 1 trout on a chartreus/silver lure. Nothing else seemed to attract the trout and they had done a plant the prior tuesday. All the action was prior to 2:30. Nothing after.

Float tube bass tournament going on the whole day - not sure how many got creamed by the wake-boarders. Fish were probably all scared by the loud music pumping throughout the lake.

Exited the lake about 4:30.

THROWBACK RANGER
04-28-2008, 11:21 AM
where is this lake at?

etaggart
04-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Located just east of Gilroy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coyote_Lake

I'm from Irvine, but was up visiting family in Gilroy and the Father-in-Law finds it really quick and easy to take the boat over for a few hours of fishing when we visit.

Not sure if this qualifies for a NorCal message board, but compared to Orange County, this IS Northern California :eek:

BakoBassin
04-28-2008, 12:04 PM
The guys in the tourney did so-so. 19 out of 39 guys brought in fish. Only one limit.

There are some BIG bass in that lake.

troutslayer05
04-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Is this the lake that you can see from the 101...or is it acctually in Gilroy?

etaggart
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Can't see it from the 101 - must exit Leavesely go east and wind your way up the hills and back to it. About 15 minutes from the 101.

FISHINGBEE
04-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Beautiful spot, but fishing's always been pretty slow for us there.

Hit the lake late in the morning (about 11:30am) and trolled most of the day from the dam to the bouys. Hit 2 trout about 1lb each both on the same medium sized green rapalla lure. Buddy hit 1 trout on a chartreus/silver lure. Nothing else seemed to attract the trout and they had done a plant the prior tuesday. All the action was prior to 2:30. Nothing after.

Float tube bass tournament going on the whole day - not sure how many got creamed by the wake-boarders. Fish were probably all scared by the loud music pumping throughout the lake.

Exited the lake about 4:30. Fished the lake believe it or not in the 80's ther was no trout stockings at the time and no boat launch. My Dad use to take me when i was a kid. Bass and Crappie where the attractions. Lots of crappie gosh this lake was loaded with them. Never here about crappie from coyote anymore. I believe the lake went dry at least one time. We would always fish the dam or the back of the lake in the heavy cover. I bet it all changed. What wake-boarders? Anderson, Uvas, Chesbro, all had great crappie fishing. As for trout Anderson and Uvas were the only lakes stocked with trout. My Dad caught a tagged bass from Coyote worth 5 bucks for info and return of tag.

FISHNBEE