PDA

View Full Version : Upper Owens Opener

retired/lasd
04-28-2008, 06:37 AM
I got to Rock Creek on Wed. Morning, set up my tent etc. and spent the day reading a book. Thursday I fished the Lower Owens and caught six,the largest was 2 pounds 8 ounces on a mepps lure. It was very windy all day. Friday I didn't fish but spent the day shooting about 1500 rounds.

On Sat. I was on the Upper Owens, down by the unfenced area near the lake and the fishing was excellent. My third cast with a panther martin yielded a 2 1/2 Rainbow. I caught 18 fish none under 2 pounds and the last one was 3 pounds 14 ounces which the Game Warden watched me catch. We ended up talking for about a hour.

My wife called me at 1400 and due to a family emergency I had to go back to Rock Creek, pack up all my camping gear and come home. I had planned on staying up there until Thursday. It was a tough drive home as I was dead tired thanks to the idiots that camped next to me ( Gangbangers) that partied until 0400 hrs blasting their crap music and acting like the fools they are.

The other fishermen near me on the Owens were all having great sucess catching alot of big fish no matter what they used.

JSAUCE818
04-28-2008, 07:05 AM
I was dead tired thanks to the idiots that camped next to me ( Gangbangers) that partied until 0400 hrs blasting their crap music and acting like the fools they are.

Sorry about that,....we couldn't help it...
Next time ill tell JOKER, LITTLE JOKER, AND BABY JOKER to turn down the music..
Lol...jk...

Thanks for the report, sorry about the family Emergency, I hope everything was ok....

retired/lasd
04-28-2008, 07:18 AM
It obviously wasn't your group as the problem group were not Hispanic.

JSAUCE818
04-28-2008, 11:01 AM
It obviously wasn't your group as the problem group were not Hispanic.
At the end of my sentence I put "LOL" (laughing out loud) "JK" (Just Kidding) in other words..

It was a joke :0)
Tight lines...

Badfish2
05-08-2008, 04:28 AM
I got to Rock Creek on Wed. Morning, set up my tent etc. and spent the day reading a book. Thursday I fished the Lower Owens and caught six,the largest was 2 pounds 8 ounces on a mepps lure. It was very windy all day. Friday I didn't fish but spent the day shooting about 1500 rounds.

On Sat. I was on the Upper Owens, down by the unfenced area near the lake and the fishing was excellent. My third cast with a panther martin yielded a 2 1/2 Rainbow. I caught 18 fish none under 2 pounds and the last one was 3 pounds 14 ounces which the Game Warden watched me catch. We ended up talking for about a hour.

My wife called me at 1400 and due to a family emergency I had to go back to Rock Creek, pack up all my camping gear and come home. I had planned on staying up there until Thursday. It was a tough drive home as I was dead tired thanks to the idiots that camped next to me ( Gangbangers) that partied until 0400 hrs blasting their crap music and acting like the fools they are.

The other fishermen near me on the Owens were all having great sucess catching alot of big fish no matter what they used.

You should have gone over to their camp and told them to turn it down, I know I would have