PDA

View Full Version : Got BUTT???

Liteliner
04-28-2008, 12:59 AM
I decided to hit up long beach at 5 in the morning with a friend. I was itching bad to get me a legal hali for dinner. I swear ive got the curse of the 20 inch halibut. I just cant seem to shake that size. Well about ten cast into the morning im on. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/SUNRISEBUTT.jpgThis badboy gave quite the fight. Got him on a tennesse shad LC. He measured 20 inches. :bang: Damn he fought like a keeper. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/DSC00976.jpg
After that we didnt catch anything for awhile. Two hours goes by and we're about halfway to the pier. We stopped and started workin these bouys. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/DSC00984.jpg
My friend got impatient so switched up to some gulp and farmed a big bat. Then he got two baby corbina and an 8 inch butt. Just as we were about to leave I cast the infamous last cast before I call it quits cast into the blue. Two cranks on my beautiful Luna 253 with an aurora black LC tied to its line and bam im on baby. :8-): This one feels like the right kind. Its takin drag and im just enjoying the moment. Nice cool breeze, out on the surf, and line peeling off my reel. So after the whole five seconds of my drag screamin this butts done. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/DSC00980.jpg Another 20 incher. :bang: Man o man. Curse i tell ya.
Oh well. So i end the day with two 20 inch butts. Last picture of me trying to force a smile but really all I was thinking about was that damn curse....... http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/LBCBUTT.jpg Peace.

troutdog
04-28-2008, 01:04 AM
Nice report and pics Liteliner, you'll get that legal sooner rather than later! I am breaking in my LC around 5pm tomorrow....cool hat btw.

TD

Liteliner
04-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Nice report and pics Liteliner, you'll get that legal sooner rather than later! I am breaking in my LC around 5pm tomorrow....cool hat btw.

TD
Yes the name FISHKILLA is actually my nickname I picked up when I was probably twelve. Wanted to use it on the site but it was taken.

Good luck with that LC. Suckers are spendy. Dont forget some hotsauce for it either. Makes a big difference. I will keep a lookout for your post.........

FisherManDingo
04-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Hot Sauce? Whats the hot sauce for? Dinner? Hey Liteliner, where in LB was that? Looks like you were in Belmont Shores, is that right?

Yes the name FISHKILLA is actually my nickname I picked up when I was probably twelve. Wanted to use it on the site but it was taken.

Good luck with that LC. Suckers are spendy. Dont forget some hotsauce for it either. Makes a big difference. I will keep a lookout for your post.........

Brian_GSC
04-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the report dude. Man, you almost got a legal. Soon enough, you'll get one.

Liteliner
04-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Hot Sauce? Whats the hot sauce for? Dinner? Hey Liteliner, where in LB was that? Looks like you were in Belmont Shores, is that right?

I started by the jetty off of 72nd. Hot Sauce = bait attractant. Dinner for the butts.

sciaenops
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
thanks for the report. keep at it and keep movin...you'll get the legal soon

I know those 3 buoys but haven't visited in awhile.

Santa Fe Eric
04-28-2008, 01:39 PM
I really like you Screen Name "Liteliner", but FishKilla is great as well! That is a tight hat.

Good fishing and you'll break the curse soon my friend!

Santa Fe

FISH_HUNTER
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
That's A Nice Day On The Water Lightliner Aka Fishkilla. At Least Your Getting Butts, Could Be Getting........?

4g63power
04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
nice dude!...i was out there yesterday as well..saw people bring up lots of shorts..hope you get your legal soon

flyngby
04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Nice job on the Flatties!!

Wingnut
04-28-2008, 09:41 PM
I like FishKilla better. But you don't kill... just a matter of speech right? ;)

Here's how to get yourself a Butt that's bigger than 20 inches.

Build a stone statue of Poseidon in your backyard. Adorn it with seashells & fresh seaweed on a weekly basis. Burn fish flavor incense daily at his feet, and most importantly... sacrifice a hermit crab or two at least once a month... works for me! ;) :rofl:

Just keep at it, sounds like you're doing all the right things. A BIG legal is right around the corner waiting for you. :cool: :D

Liteliner
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I like FishKilla better. But you don't kill... just a matter of speech right? ;)

Build a stone statue of Poseidon in your backyard. Adorn it with seashells & fresh seaweed on a weekly basis. Burn fish flavor incense daily at his feet, and most importantly... sacrifice a hermit crab or two at least once a month... works for me! ;) :rofl:

Just keep at it, sounds like you're doing all the right things. A BIG legal is right around the corner waiting for you. :cool: :D

Construction has begun. This better work. :( Could I substitute the hermit crab for lobster. :roll: Poseidon might have expensive taste...

I really only kill when my mom wants some fish to eat. She asked about a halibut so ive been on a mission. Everytime I come home empty handed she talks a little smack. Quote from mama "All that gas you waste driving around to catch a fish you could have already bought me five halibut from the store." :cry: Makes me itch for a hali that much more.

Brian_GSC
04-29-2008, 03:02 PM

i KNEW you had a secret weapon! :mrgreen:

bonestock
04-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Everytime I come home empty handed she talks a little smack. Quote from mama "All that gas you waste driving around to catch a fish you could have already bought me five halibut from the store." :cry: Makes me itch for a hali that much more.

My soon to be mother in law says the same exact thing whenever I come home from fishing.

Liteliner
04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
My soon to be mother in law says the same exact thing whenever I come home from fishing.

Haha. Yeah thats a mom for ya.