PDA

View Full Version : Need help on ideas for giving stuff away

oceanfishing
05-16-2007, 01:00 PM
I work for a Commercial GMC & Chevrolet Truck Center and part of my job is to promote through the recreational fishing market (this works well for me). We will be a Sponsor at some events but be at most fishing.

So here is my problem (but I do have a budget):
I want to get something that I can give out at Surf Fishing, Kayak Fishing and Boat Fishing Tourneys and Gatherings that does a couple of things:
1) It either has to work or be funny
2) It has to be cost effective
3) I hope it would be different

???Just to throw the first bait in the water, what about a 5-inch swim bait with a Chevy Logo on one side and a GMC on the other.
??? Private label hard bait??

There is no wrong or bad idea, something will mutate and we can come up with something that does not get chucked in the can right away.

Thanks for you help in advance and I look forward to your replies and posts. I can be PM at brent-gmtrucks@earthlink.net (mailto:brent-gmtrucks@earthlink.net)

Troutman65
05-16-2007, 01:06 PM
I could use a new truck.

Maybe a chevy with Ttoutman65 on the side would work for me. And you would have to put Team 57 on it too

Just kidding

You are on to something . you should get alot of imput here.

Good luck.

A plain white Chevy not in your budget?

ghetto dad
05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
I could use a new truck.

Maybe a chevy with Ttoutman65 on the side would work for me. And you would have to put Team 57 on it too

Just kidding

You are on to something . you should get alot of imput hear.

Good luck.

A plain white Chevy not in your budget?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fisherman57
05-16-2007, 03:49 PM
my job is to promote through the recreational fishing market (this works well for me). We will be a Sponsor at some events but be at most fishing.

Well, at the risk of placing a "spam" post............ I'd say you'd get the most bang for your buck by advertising right here on FNN.

That way you & your company could be seen everyday by every member that navigates to the site......

I'm sure that theres an advertising opportunity here that would fit in with your budget.....

Feel free to contact Jeff at webmaster@fishingnetwork.net (mailto:webmaster@fishingnetwork.net)

or myself at : fisherman57@fishingnetwork.net (mailto:fisherman57@fishingnetwork.net)

OK guys........... end of :spam:

oceanfishing
05-16-2007, 04:42 PM
See, now that is a good idea, but you don't get free stuff. Thanks I will make that contact,

Brent

my job is to promote through the recreational fishing market (this works well for me). We will be a Sponsor at some events but be at most fishing.

Well, at the risk of placing a "spam" post............ I'd say you'd get the most bang for your buck by advertising right here on FNN.

That way you & your company could be seen everyday by every member that navigates to the site......

I'm sure that theres an advertising opportunity here that would fit in with your budget.....

Feel free to contact Jeff at webmaster@fishingnetwork.net (mailto:webmaster@fishingnetwork.net)

or myself at : fisherman57@fishingnetwork.net (mailto:fisherman57@fishingnetwork.net)

OK guys........... end of :spam:

Troutman65
05-16-2007, 04:45 PM
57, I guess that means I will not get my new white Troutman65 chevy?

Oceanfishing, Brent,

You really should hit up Dana, 57 for your needs. He will take care of you.

zZaNg
05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
how bout a zZaNg chevy?

oceanfishing
05-16-2007, 05:09 PM

Oceanfishing, Brent,

What does Dana do that will help?

Troutman65
05-16-2007, 05:14 PM
He is the MAN at FNN,

And I'll take my Troutman65 Chevy in Blue now.

zZaNg
05-16-2007, 05:20 PM
no, zZaNg chevy in black.

Troutman65
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
LMAO !!!

Fisherman57
05-16-2007, 05:37 PM

Oceanfishing, Brent,

What does Dana do that will help?

Oceanfishing,

Talk to Jeff first......... and then if I can be of any assistance, Ill be glad to help you with your goals in terms of getting your product in front of the members.......... and you certainly can sponsor a FNN event as well if you'd like....... Im always in the mood for FREE STUFF!

Seriously, Ill be glad to help with whatever I can

Dana
FISHERMAN 57

Troutman65
05-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I have not had the pleasure to have any conversations with Jeff as of yet.

I still Think 57 Rocks !!!

Wildhorse1966
05-16-2007, 08:49 PM
well the advertising does work here.... that damn ad banner for the toyota tundra made me go buy one .... :twisted: but i am happy

SanDimasLMB
05-16-2007, 09:08 PM
well the advertising does work here.... that damn ad banner for the toyota tundra made me go buy one .... :twisted: but i am happy

LMAO my dad and I have been looking at that banner too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 03:24 PM
zZaNg And I almost had new Chevy trucks. I guess it was not our time.

San Felipe Bob
05-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Reel covers with your logo?
Golf towels with your logo would be great for a fisherman...
Mechanics work gloves?
Screen printed gunnny sacks?
Wind breaker jackets.?
Fish cleaning aprons?
Filet knives with your logo?
T-Shirts of course!
I bet I could catch a fish with a Chevy emblem turned into a lure.....
Protective seat cover for your truck to prevent getting it all fished up?

Need more?

SFB

05-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I bought a Tundra too..and now I may buy another.....its almost too easy though now..all I have to do is click on the banner...

Wildhorse1966
05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
I bought a Tundra too..and now I may buy another.....its almost too easy though now..all I have to do is click on the banner...

glad to see you know quality when you see it :lol: so steve when are we going fishing ?

05-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Ralph, I was out on the Toronado Tuesday, Wed...then on the Liberty Thursday..I know where the WSB are hiding.....so whenever your ready....

Wildhorse1966
05-18-2007, 12:11 PM
here is a way to get involved do what toyota did

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachments/tundra/19571d1179425598-photos-of-new-tundras-w-shells-mi_behindthecamera_3.jpg