PDA

View Full Version : millerton

megafisher94
04-27-2008, 06:42 PM
im goin this summer to tube and ski with the family, thought id do some fishing.... anybody have and tips for bass, stripers, and cats???
i went last summer and cought a coulpe dinks on rooster tails

aboos
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
im goin this summer to tube and ski with the family, thought id do some fishing.... anybody have and tips for bass, stripers, and cats???
i went last summer and cought a coulpe dinks on rooster tails

i usually go in september (for labor day or whatever holiday that is) and i also go to tube/wakeboard. if you happen to go labor day, your best bet is to either go REALLY early before all the jetskiers get there or really late. last the year water was WAY down..i think they were at 30% cap or something like that but fishing was still decent.

fished for bass..there were a few coves on the dam side. threw robos for dinks. also went up that long arm towards the san joaquin (or some river)..went way up there and threw robos for more dinks. nothing big, fished towards the end of the day.

Ruger
04-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I hear stripers are hitting in Fine Gold Cove...

bretmoua
05-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Here's the latest fishing report for the lake courtesy of the Fresno Bee newspaper.

Millerton Lake

***Bass **Stripers *Shad

Merritt Gilbert reported continued good numbers of small fish to 14 inches anywhere in the lake with any method. There is a top-water bite in the morning, with most anglers using shad-colored plastics on a dart head. Stripers to 10 pounds have been landed past the 5-mph buoy up the river arm. Recreational boaters are starting to take over on the weekends. The area below Friant Dam on the San Joaquin will be planted this week for the last time of the month. The lake came up 4,432 acre-feet to 52% capacity.

Call: 225-1838, 292-3474