PDA

View Full Version : Lost Paperwork DMV/Appraisal

Chefdave
04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Any suggestions on a cheap way to get a boat appraised?I have a boat in my yard that was given to me by a neighbor. When I went to the DMV to do the paperwork on it, they said the boat is currently registered under a different name. After many hours I found out that I must do a lien sale on the boat, no problem, however in order to do a lien sale I must have the boat appraised by a licensed broker/appraiser. This is an old project boat, nothing fancy, I dont want to spend alot to just establish paper on this thing . Any suggestions?

vanillagurilla
04-27-2008, 06:49 PM
if you know whatkind of boat it is you can look in the clasified, i.e. recycler, for simaler boats and go from there.

Chefdave
04-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Yah, I know about what its worth. The problem is finding someone with the certification/license to do the appraisal. Will probably take 10 minutes max. Most boat yaght appraisers are in the business of big boats and usually charge by the foot. This boat is not worth that kind of attention. I just need a quick appraisal on paper to get this legal before I start the project. Thank you for the suggestion. The info on the boat: 16ft Las Vegas Riviera ski/fish/runabout, 1971,Merc 800 80 h.p. Thunderbolt. Thanks for the quick reply Vanilla gurilla

johnsfishing
04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
is the boat in your neighbors name?? Even if it isnt get that person that gave you the boat to sign off saying something like the boat wasnt registered correctly and you should also come up with a bill of sale.. the DMV has the right paperwork to get it done..

good luck

johnsfishing