PDA

View Full Version : I didn't want a stinkin' Lingcod anyways~!!!

k3vin_kim
04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Ninja style on the Victory today. Target Rockfish. I can't sit here and type in front of my computer for to long because my shoulders hurt (you'll see why at the end of the post).

Captain George in the wheel house, Carl on Deck and Bob in the galley. Great operation.

We started off the day by limiting on Sculpin real easy in about an hour. Anchored up about 5-7 miles just outside the shoe. Fished about 180 feet.

20 People on board. Mostly rentals.

Quick move and 2 legal lings came over. I switched from my rockfish rig over to a 12 oz weight dropper looped over a 7-O hook and put on a delicious looking sand dab. Nothing.

We moved and anchored and moved and anchored and moved and anchored. All the while people were getting short bit and another ling came over. I switched my dab out for a live mac, sardine, another sand dab... a baby octopus... I got short bit once but no love for th3_l3gend. Not today. Pshhhh... Whatever, I didn't want a stupid Lingcod anyways...

At the end of the day I ended up with limits on Skulls, a fat boc and a nice snapper...

And one HELL of a sun burn...

peace.

oh and by the way, b4 we set off from the harbor, I was messing around and casted a baby dolpin colored yo yo jig and half way from the cast and the boat I landed a Cuda that was 22 inches~!! unfortunately DFG was on the boat so I didn't take a picture and explained that I was just "trying to get my line wet before we head out". That sucker was fun to pull on though.

JSAUCE818
04-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Good Job......
Dude, That Last Pic Of You In The Bathroom Is So "myspace"...lol..

k3vin_kim
04-26-2008, 07:57 PM
I should have a my-space page. Never got into it though.

Funjunkie74
04-26-2008, 09:44 PM
not as shabby.....

Ricky-Ray
04-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the report. Ouch...your shoulders are gonna hurt for a few days.

Ambassadorhawg
04-27-2008, 07:24 AM
You keep forgetting to let me know when you are going out on the water!!!

k3vin_kim
04-27-2008, 08:42 AM
not as shabby.....

LOL. Thanx Joe.

Ricky Ray - It hurts like hell already. I can't wait for the skin to start peeling.

Mike - what's up brother~! how's the fishing up north these days?

BingJr
04-27-2008, 10:26 AM
K3vin,

That dude in the Nike hat is my boss.. lol, what a small world. I was just viewing the post and im like WTF, my boss fishes? lol Nice fish, it was nice of you to try to match the color of the red rock fish on your shoulders.

k3vin_kim
04-27-2008, 11:06 AM
small world. HEy make sure to make fun of your boss on monday about trying to hold up the lingcod in the picture that i took by putting his fingers in the mouth. I had to show him how to hold it on the cheek. He was like... "AHHHHHH~!!!" it was rather amusing.

Ricky-Ray
04-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Kevin, Aloe will help with the sunburn. Lot's of it.

k3vin_kim
04-27-2008, 02:14 PM
that's all i've been slathering on since i got home yesterday. Once i put an inch thick layer on, then i lay down under the ceiling fan. It's bliss.

deanhall32
04-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Dude.. Still working "overtime"?

k3vin_kim
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
LOL. Yeah.

JapanRon
04-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi BingJr,

A bit of advice from an old guy !! Don't fish with your boss !! Don't mention fishing to your boss !! I outfished the few bosses, main clients, and partners I had consistantly and the relationship was never quite the same after a few trips.

If you've got to go ... don't outfish them ...... don't beat them in the jackpot!! You've been warned !! honest !!

JapanRon

JapanRon
04-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi k3vin_kim,

Glad to see you got out .... Friday ..... with the lite load ..... and Rent-a-Rod run to boot !!

Sorry to hear of that short-biter !! Shoulda gobbled up that yummy Mackerel !!

Better and more chances next time !

JapanRon

Ricky-Ray
04-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi BingJr,

A bit of advice from an old guy !! Don't fish with your boss !! Don't mention fishing to your boss !! I outfished the few bosses, main clients, and partners I had consistantly and the relationship was never quite the same after a few trips.

If you've got to go ... don't outfish them ...... don't beat them in the jackpot!! You've been warned !! honest !!

JapanRon

Just like if your playing golf with your boss. Just let him win. Things will go much easier at work if you do. ;)

k3vin_kim
04-27-2008, 06:43 PM
come to think of it...

if you haven't heard by now, I've got this new job...

Things just weren't the same after I spanked my boss at bocci during the company christmas party at my last job.

one_leg
04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
eh, not too shabby........................:cool:

Thanks k3vin for the report.

k3vin_kim
04-27-2008, 08:44 PM
eh, not too shabby........................:cool:

What the..!?!?!!? That's MY line~!! C'mon Alan... all that talking and that's all you could come up with?

ghetto dad
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Nice report Kev...im proud of u..u actually have a pic of someone OTHER than yourself on your report!!! Nice tan man...nice chest too....doesnt it hurt when you wax it???? peace man...cya on the water soon....

GD

crappie stalker
04-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Nice fishy pics.. OUCH on that burn..

CS

k3vin_kim
04-28-2008, 07:47 AM
Nice report Kev...im proud of u..u actually have a pic of someone OTHER than yourself on your report!!!

GD

yeah well... every dog has his day in the sun... you know how it goes GD. Gotta give the JP winner his credit. But he only gets ONE picture on my thread.

4g63power
04-28-2008, 05:44 PM
nice farmer tan oppa!!

k3vin_kim
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
what farmer tan? I'm wearing a wife beater.

ThanksKK
04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
you're about as red as the fish you caught.

4g63power
04-28-2008, 10:32 PM
ok whatever it is joah joah!

one_leg
04-29-2008, 07:10 AM

K3vin, I could hear your voice in my head perfectly when I read that line.....:rofl:

What's worse, the sunburn or the irritation from using sunblock?

k3vin_kim
04-29-2008, 07:44 AM
you know Alan, it's funny you mention that. Just this morning I felt i was laying in my bed in a bath of flakes from the aloe vera that I slept in last night. i thought it was skin peeling but it was the treatment that dried up during the night and now the aloe vera is bugging more than the burn itself.

deanhall32
04-29-2008, 07:49 AM
There goes Kev trying to extend his thread to at least 10 pages! Right??

one_leg
04-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by deanhall32 http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=181027#post181027)
There goes Kev trying to extend his thread to at least 10 pages! Right??

:roll: Now Dean, you know that Mr. Kim is above that sort of thing.

Originally Posted by k3vin_kim http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=181026#post181026)
i was laying in my bed in a bath of flakes from the aloe vera that I slept in last night.

Sensei, is that anything at all like Michael Jackson sleeping in a Hyperbaric chamber?

O_L

deanhall32
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Hey Alan,

It's kind of creepy to read the conversation you had with Kevin regarding body lotions and lubricants! I do agree that Kevin needs to either get in the weight room or put on a shirt!

k3vin_kim
04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
awww coach... you hurt my feelings.

k3vin_kim
04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
dean... you know who I am? "do you know who your talking to?" (lol GD)

I hold the record for the most responses on one page on FNN.

Something like 480 something responses. The one that eventually got deleted b'cuz we started talking about circus bears making spaghetti or something but nonetheless it holds the record.

brianw
04-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi kevin ,,, one of my friends sent me your pic once, do u know Edward? hes korean too i think =)

ghetto dad
04-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Something like 480 something responses. The one that eventually got deleted b'cuz we started talking about circus bears making spaghetti or something but nonetheless it holds the record.

yeah, dont forget who helped you with that record!!! ;)

ghetto dad
04-29-2008, 04:23 PM

that was some funny sh**....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ghetto dad
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi kevin ,,, one of my friends sent me your pic once, do u know Edward? hes korean too i think =)

Brian, do you KNOW who youre talking to???? Youre taking to Krispy k3vin Kim, who knows ALL koreans!!!

GD

brianw
04-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Brian, do you KNOW who youre talking to???? Youre taking to Krispy k3vin Kim, who knows ALL koreans!!!

GD

haha.. a friend sent me a picture of him couple weeks ago and said hes good @ fishing =) not sure is he the one tho .. let me ask my friend for the picture again =) hehe

ghetto dad
04-29-2008, 04:40 PM
haha.. a friend sent me a picture of him couple weeks ago and said hes good @ fishing =) not sure is he the one tho .. let me ask my friend for the picture again =) hehe
if you need pics of him, just check all "threads started" by k3vin..he also has a record of most pics of self posted!!!!

GD

k3vin_kim
04-29-2008, 05:21 PM
LOL Ed and I go way back. That guy doesn't fish though. He's one of those koreans that thinks he's in the NBA and won't go fishing b'cuz playoffs.

When u gonna come out Brian?

brianw
04-29-2008, 05:29 PM
LOL Ed and I go way back. That guy doesn't fish though. He's one of those koreans that thinks he's in the NBA and won't go fishing b'cuz playoffs.

whenever u feel like taking a noob out? haha
i told him to get u bring me out couple weeks ago
lets get him out too.. needa get him in fishing
haha

one_leg
04-29-2008, 05:31 PM

:shock: ..........................:rofl:

ghetto dad
04-29-2008, 08:02 PM
whenever u feel like taking a noob out? haha
i told him to get u bring me out couple weeks ago
lets get him out too.. needa get him in fishing
haha

K3vins a noob too, dont let him fool you man.....

k3vin_kim
04-29-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah don't believe anything I say. I've just gotten lucky the last 140 times i've went fishing.

ghetto dad
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah don't believe anything I say. I've just gotten lucky the last 140 times i've went fishing.

Dude, you have not made 140 trips, and if you have, youre still a newb.....and pier fishing dont count man......you dont have to front homie, your almost out of your newb status.....

Ricky-Ray
04-29-2008, 09:24 PM
When did this turn into a pi$$ing contest???? LOL

k3vin_kim
04-30-2008, 07:40 AM
yeah steve, stop turning this into a pi$$ing contest. just because you can't cast as far as you can pi$$ don't hate.

Tail Chaser
04-30-2008, 12:07 PM
yeah steve, stop turning this into a pi$$ing contest. just because you can't cast as far as you can pi$$ don't hate.

Just slip a good one in his bag.
Then all will be good :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

ghetto dad
04-30-2008, 05:03 PM
if memory serves me correct, you wanted a casting contest on the native sun on one of our island trips, then when you saw how far i casted, you backed out....LOL....of course, you wont remember that....lol @ 95% of the replies are BBFC...we love you homie

GD

ghetto dad
04-30-2008, 05:06 PM

nevermind........:rofl:

one_leg
04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
96%............................................... .....................................:rofl:

k3vin_kim
04-30-2008, 09:35 PM
if memory serves me correct, you wanted a casting contest on the native sun on one of our island trips, then when you saw how far i casted, you backed out....LOL....of course, you wont remember that....lol @ 95% of the replies are BBFC...we love you homie

GD

What the...?!??!?!?!?!?!???!?! !?!?!?!! !?? ?!? ! !?!?! ! !!

you're trippin'~!!! Steve, you're kidding right?? We'll just have to settle this once and for all. Just name the boat and trip. Bring ANY set up you want baitcaster - 8 oz sinker - ANYTHING~!!!

I'll tell you right now, i'll be using my 8 foot seeker and a yo yo jig or a mega bait. If you can cast farther than me then I'll eat my own words... but if i beat you you gotta start your own thread saying you lost to th3_l3gend.

Game-on?

ghetto dad
04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
What the...?!??!?!?!?!?!???!?! !?!?!?!! !?? ?!? ! !?!?! ! !!

you're trippin'~!!! Steve, you're kidding right?? We'll just have to settle this once and for all. Just name the boat and trip. Bring ANY set up you want baitcaster - 8 oz sinker - ANYTHING~!!!

I'll tell you right now, i'll be using my 8 foot seeker and a yo yo jig or a mega bait. If you can cast farther than me then I'll eat my own words... but if i beat you you gotta start your own thread saying you lost to th3_l3gend.

Game-on?

DUDE?? youre sooooooooo forgetful man!!! I have witnesses!!! And you have to fish more than a year to be "a legend" man.....youre the one who called ymin WHILE you were on the SPitfire asking him "How can you tell the difference between a perch and a bass bite??".......oh, u forgot that too, huh??? :rofl:

k3vin_kim
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
dude, i'm peeling... bad.

ghetto dad
04-30-2008, 09:45 PM
dude, i'm peeling... bad.

maybe you can peel some of that fat off your head....:rofl:

one_leg
04-30-2008, 10:33 PM
ghetto dads longer reach and additional height gives him a 12% advantage right out of the gate.

My money will be on ghetto dad. I wanna be on that trip. Lets go!!!!!!!

Ricky-Ray
04-30-2008, 11:24 PM
This I gotta see.

ghetto dad
05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
This I gotta see.

lol.....k3vins my boy...always will be....he can take the sh** talking and give it right back.....

k3vin_kim
05-01-2008, 08:49 PM
the aftermath...

ghetto dad
05-01-2008, 08:57 PM
the aftermath...

come on BBFC....kevins fishing for replies...so he can say HES a legend

ghetto dad
05-01-2008, 08:58 PM
in that first pic, it looks like 2 butt cheeks....:rofl:

k3vin_kim
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
I can't help it if my pecs are friekin' HUGE~!

one_leg
05-01-2008, 09:57 PM
in that first pic, it looks like 2 butt cheeks....:rofl:

What......oh man...........dammit.......5 more minutes of my life wasted.

ghetto dad
05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
What......oh man...........dammit.......5 more minutes of my life wasted.
I had to think about that one alan....LOL...sick!! :rofl: