PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa Chica and Seal Beach...

FisherManDingo
04-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey Guys!

Sorry for the testing, but I had previously written two posts, but they weren't posted, so I had to test. Anyways, I was planning on going to either Seal Beach or even Bolsa Chica later on today. I was planning on taking a medium-heavy rod/reel combo with me to soak some bait and possibly catch something big. Question, what should I soak? Squid, shrimp...? I'm also going to take my light tackle. I've heard that the LC Flash Minnow works well in the surf. I've also have many different kinds of saltwater gulp. Anything else? Any other interesting species of fish come out at night? Thanks Guys!

aboos
04-24-2008, 04:35 PM
when i fish bait, i usually go to ralphs or soemthing and pickup a head or two of squid. its like 25 cents..then cut em into strips.

LCs work great. either that or 3/4 oz crocs. gulps never fail. 2in grubs, brown color.

havent fished bolsa/huntington in a long time..lmk how it is!

Liteliner
04-24-2008, 11:52 PM
If you want something big go with fresh mackerel. Cut into 1 inch chunk and chuck it out there with a pyramid sinker. Probably get a giant ray or a leopard shark. I saw a big one last weekend at seal. LC's are the hot ticket for halibut. Just work them slow.

megafisher94
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
fish the jettys with a carolina rigged 2 in camo gulp sandworm at high tide.... toss it to the base of the rocks, youll catch your fair share of perch.

lc are good at the jettys too fish near the bridge

FisherManDingo
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
What kind of rig should I use? Drop shot?

If you want something big go with fresh mackerel. Cut into 1 inch chunk and chuck it out there with a pyramid sinker. Probably get a giant ray or a leopard shark. I saw a big one last weekend at seal. LC's are the hot ticket for halibut. Just work them slow.

Liteliner
04-25-2008, 06:08 PM
The LC would be a cast and slow steady retrieve. I use 12# test on an 8ft rod. For the mackerel. Just tie on the pyramid sinker to the end of the line and a hook with leader line about a foot up. A high rod holder would also help. Keeps your line out of the waves a bit.

TShaffer
04-25-2008, 08:12 PM
at seal beach use squid ive seen so many people catch rays and sharks with squid