PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del Rey Bat Ray-toads-I did it-Whew !!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-23-2008, 02:12 PM
Hit Marina Del Rey last night, met up with Bassmaster818 and his dad.
Action was slow for quite a while with just a couple quick bites.

I had real gut feeling about this so I told 818…between 9 and 11pm the toads are gonna bite…..It’s gonna be “GoO TIME”

A little later, Geordy (818) get’s bit….the skunk get’s off his back on a smaller model ray….I look at the clock after he lands it….9:09pm (Damn ! I was right!)

A little more time goes by then his dad gets bit…..steel gets set….another skunk off the back…Damn ! these guys are showing me the money…all I’ve done is talk about what “might happen” if I get bit…..

A little more while then…..SLAM…my 25 lb rod goes off…drag singing…cant stop ‘em “Snap” there goes the line !
No biggie, it happens all the time !…I proceed to say “when that big bait pole goes off, it’ll be “Go Time”…a little while goes by, then again, the 25 lb test pole….Zzzzzzz….no chance…..runs around a piling and “Snap” another lost….the same thing happens again “Snap” DAMN 3 times all on the 25 lb rod…I got a skunk on my back !

Whats up with the big bait pole ???

Then…zzzz, I land a small dink ray…at least the skunks gone !

A little while goes by w/o any bites…818 & dad decide to leave, I said “I’m gonna land me a toad b4 I leave.

They must not have even got out of the parking lot when my big bait pole goes off…this time ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I lay the steel foundation…drag singing, it’s going off !!!!

Then I look at the other pole and I can believe it…it looked like slow motion….it’s now going off and heading into the water…I grab it up while fighting the other big bait pole !….I straddle the 25lb pole as the drag just sings and keeps going out…I already picked the micro braid pole as my target, it’s the only chance of landing ‘em….finally the 25lb pole’s fish goes around a piling and breaks off.

The battle continues for 15-20 minutes…I put the steel to that sucka repeatedly…putting as much pressure as I dared ! my arm was baked but it was mind over matter…if I didn’t mind…it didn’t matter….so I fought on !

Finally I get it to the net…the hoop net worked but it was still way small…I thought…DAMN ! I gotta get a bigger net after I saw that sucka or a big gaff !

He’s in the net, I say to myself..”I win you motha !!!” thev’e been smoking me for some time now !
Then I proceed to pull the net out of the water….Uhhh ohhhh…Damn it’s seems like it’s gonna break the rope..so I grab the hoop……DAMN ! I can’t lift it over the rail by myself plus I’m trying not to get “speared “ like the crocodile hunter.

I almost get it over the rail and it thrashes…”Splash” back into the water it goes but now the lines tangled on the net in a way that I can steer the fish back into the net…after about 10 min…I decide to cut the net from the line….then I get it into the net again but I still can’t get it over the rail…..I take a rest !
I keep trying…can’t do it !
Finally, I go out on the liitle edge of the pier in front of the fence, cut his tail off…ram my hands into the sphericals (nostrils of sorts) and try for another 10 minutes to get it over the rail….I almost gave up, then finally I did it !

I look at the clock after I had it securely in the net after battle...11:01pm...Damn ! I was right again !!! woo hoo ! wish I could call it like that all the time.

I had to pull my truck into the park to get this sucka into the truck and I had to drag it there on top of that !

I weighed it at work on a 25 lb pallet…the scale went 105lbs so that makes ‘em a cool 80lbs.
I had to use the forklift to take a photo…..couldn’t hold that sucka up !

I’m still tired from that whole ordeal…..what a blast !!!
P.S.
Thats my size 12 shoe you see in the photo
Gary

P.P.S
Look at my shirt...then look at the back of the head....what do you see....pretty wild huh !!!!

~larissa
04-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Holy Crack-amoly... You finally got that bast*&^

Way ta go man... :appl:

vince champion
04-23-2008, 02:53 PM
wow. congrats on your catch. That looks like so much fun! is that your pb batray?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-23-2008, 02:58 PM
wow. congrats on your catch. That looks like so much fun! is that your pb batray?

Yes that's my personal best...but I know I have actually hung bigger ones...not sure I want to deal with them any bigger than that...it was quite an experience !!! Those suckas pull hard....it wore me out !!!

Holy Crack-amoly... You finally got that bast*&^

Way ta go man... :appl:

Those suckas were beating me down for too long ! and smoking my tackle ! my goal was a 50-60lb I guess you could say mission acomplished !
Gary

cappo
04-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow you finally got him. Good job. But now you gonna eat it?

boxl0bster
04-23-2008, 03:21 PM
sweet! what # line did you hook into it with gary? glad you were able to accomplish your mission :twisted:

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-23-2008, 03:25 PM
sweet! what # line did you hook into it with gary? glad you were able to accomplish your mission :twisted:
50lb gorilla micro braid....it's seems to hold up well.

Wow you finally got him. Good job. But now you gonna eat it?
I was actually gonna filet the wings and eat it but I didn't have an ice chest big enough soo unfortunately this ones payback for the crocodile hunter...

I won't take any more though....they can live and prosper.....unless I decide to return !....ha ha ha

Check the skull patten on the back of the head !!!

boxl0bster
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
i see the skull impression...lol thats freaky.:rofl:

BIGRED KILLA
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Nice job out there thats a big ***** bat you got keep it up out there Batman:thumb:.I would have put it on my neighbors front lawn lol.

Bigred

CAPT'N
04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Nice ray Gary--Kudos!

Bet you were DONE when you landed her.

I know how tiring those rays are. I have a PB ray that almost spooled my Avet w/ 80lb braid. Took me around the boat for almost 40 minutes......................

Need to join you at the big pond my friend.....................

Scott

4g63power
04-23-2008, 05:26 PM
dude..that's a beast...great job Gary!thanks for posting...

one_leg
04-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pattern on it's head looks exactly like the face of the Predator from the Swarchenegger movie.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/TxenMaster/predator1.jpg

You should of left it on Pam Andersons Lawn. She lives next to BIGRED KILLA.

I guess you can scratch that off of the "To Do" list now?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pattern on it's head looks exactly like the face of the Predator from the Swarchenegger movie.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s103/TxenMaster/predator1.jpg

You should of left it on Pam Andersons Lawn. She lives next to BIGRED KILLA.

I guess you can scratch that off of the "To Do" list now?

Whats the address ???

BIGRED KILLA
04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
One_leg I told you to keep that are little secret.

Bigred

ToadsToadsOnly
04-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Nice! Nevermind the gym just go bat ray fishing. Those rays are one of my favorite ocean fish to catch off of land. I've caught big ones before but to drag them to a car then carry them somewhere to weigh it, damn that's a whole different story '' madd props to that'' . Maybe we'll meet up one day I got a coupe tricks up my sleeves for those biggins and would love to share them with ya. Try a gaff next time when the big boys come in bring 2.

troutdog
04-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Nice batray you gots there Gary, congrats on the pb. Keep the reports coming....you got to do the photobucket thing and be done with the thumbnail pics though, you'll be glad you did once you see how easy it is.

TD

Wingnut
04-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Ohhh yeahhhhh! :banana:
I'm not satisfied yet... I want to see you pull a TRIPLE digit unit out now! I'm sure that it's just a matter of time Gary. :twisted:
I have yet to catch a Ray... probably won't be anytime soon unless they hit a Lucky Craft. ;) :mrgreen:

ToadsToadsOnly
04-24-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm not satisfied yet... I want to see you pull a TRIPLE digit unit out now! I'm sure that it's just a matter of time Gary. :twisted:
I have yet to catch a Ray... probably won't be anytime soon unless they hit a Lucky Craft. ;) :mrgreen:
I know your kidding Wingnut but I know a Beach spot in NPH that the Rays will hit the LC, swimbait, gulps. If your ever intrested in trying? And as a kicker the butt bite is decent.

ThemBastards
04-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Hahahh that thing is ridiculous. It doesn't even look real. Great Job Gary, What is next? Leo's? Mako's from shore?:lol:

The Kraken?

breeze71
04-24-2008, 10:57 AM
That thing is huge my friend...I couldn't stop chuckling when you explaining to me how many times you had to take a break pulling the beast on to the dock...lol u cwazy dude!

Hahahh that thing is ridiculous. It doesn't even look real. Great Job Gary, What is next? Leo's? Mako's from shore?:lol:

...i think Garlic Gary is just looking to score a striper over 5lb this year...:rolleyes:...oh and to try spill a few drops of blood on my boat :rolleyes:

barbiegirl
04-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Congrats Gary! Had I been there I could of helped you lift that thing over the fence. I am pretty strong for a girl! Wingnut please don't get him started on the triple digits, the poor boy needs sleep!

Matador1238
04-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Woah....nice Ray!! Good job man!

Doesnt Chase Park close at 10pm? I was told to leave after 10pm last time I fished there.

mrjonez
04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
hells yes. that things head looks like the predaalien. i heard the wings can be delicious too. i think everyone's heard you can eat the wings but i havn't met one person who has. it's like an urban legend. way to go!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Nice! Nevermind the gym just go bat ray fishing. Those rays are one of my favorite ocean fish to catch off of land. I've caught big ones before but to drag them to a car then carry them somewhere to weigh it, damn that's a whole different story '' madd props to that'' . Maybe we'll meet up one day I got a coupe tricks up my sleeves for those biggins and would love to share them with ya. Try a gaff next time when the big boys come in bring 2.

You AINT KIDDIN !!!!! I still feel a little worn out from that whole ordeal, the battle was enough but the landing process of getting it on deck, then to the truck.....better than any workout I've seen....

Hmnnn maybe there's a marketing angle here ??? The Bat Ray workout book....w/7 minute how to video...could work !

Yeah a gaff would work but not good for releasing them obviously, I'm not in the habit of killing them....I think a big net with solid rope and 2-3 people to land them is the ticket...
Dragging that sucka back I think was a one time deal...it took commitment, I'm not kidding !!!!!
I said I was going to do it.....so I did !!!!

Nice batray you gots there Gary, congrats on the pb. Keep the reports coming....you got to do the photobucket thing and be done with the thumbnail pics though, you'll be glad you did once you see how easy it is.

TD

Thanks..
Yeah I gotta use that, plus I cannot upload any photos over4" x 4"

Thanks buddy !

I like that answer....Triple huh...if I receive a triple request for one, I think the quest will be on again.

You need to square up to one of those beasts....they'll do you a treat....and test you for all your worth !!!

The Kraken?

But what on earth do you mean ?????? please explain !!
lol
Gary

That thing is huge my friend...I couldn't stop chuckling when you explaining to me how many times you had to take a break pulling the beast on to the dock...lol u cwazy dude!

...i think Garlic Gary is just looking to score a striper over 5lb this year...:rolleyes:...oh and to try spill a few drops of blood on my boat :rolleyes:

Garlic gary say's that Blooooood will be spilt in a way not yet seen !!
5lbs....Puhhh ! Oh it's on my freind...I say we put in for a jackpot...5 bucks a lb... ah yes...

I'll help with the boat cleaning but I won't be responsible for my actions once the blood craze is on !!!!

this ones for Bob:.....50lbs or better Bob....50 lbs or better ! Ha H ah hyhahaha

Congrats Gary! Had I been there I could of helped you lift that thing over the fence. I am pretty strong for a girl! Wingnut please don't get him started on the triple digits, the poor boy needs sleep!

Sleep ?
Sleep is for the weak ! I got some sleep once, I think it was last week sometime, maybe it was twice....sleep is overated ! ...............no rest for the wicked.....GOTTA FISH !!!!!

Barbie, even with 2 people it would have been a helluva chore......but

Wingnut has requested a triple digit ????....Hmnnnn

If I receive 2 more requests to see this from a Fnn'r.....IT"S ON !!!!!!!! the 3rd time's a charm.
Who am I to say no to that ! might need the 80 lb gorilla braid though.

I will be targeting some other species soon...I think Flatties must go on the agenda...
Then some REAL BIG Sharks...

Triple digits huh..........Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ! (said in a Dark Crystal Tone !)

KILLA
04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Great job out there gary, time to get out my salt water rods. Bats are my favorite, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz. SNAP! I know the feeling.

I respect you gary but you should of thrown that moster back. I dont eat ray's, but if I did I would keep a 10 to 20 lb ray for eats....IMO

Well, thanks for the good read, nice proof of the pig. Nice work Gary

Killa :2guns:

one_leg
04-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Those things slurp up crap from the bottom of the bay. I'd rather eat bluegills and they eat lots of duck poop.

trollmiester
04-24-2008, 09:00 PM
You Are The Man,you Are The Man,you Are The Man,you Are The Man,you Are The Man.wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

GeordyBass
04-25-2008, 01:52 PM
DAMN GARY!You finally got bit with that rod!Did it go around the pilings?You told me you at least wanted a 60lber,,,then this,awesome!:mrgreen:
Wow dude Impressive,,,Congrats on the catch!Too bad i left so early!At Least there is blood to be spilled!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Too bad i was at a campin' trip at joshua tree,,,Kill Em' ALL!

GeordyBass
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Great job out there gary, time to get out my salt water rods. Bats are my favorite, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz. SNAP! I know the feeling.

I respect you gary but you should of thrown that moster back. I dont eat ray's, but if I did I would keep a 10 to 20 lb ray for eats....IMO

Well, thanks for the good read, nice proof of the pig. Nice work Gary

Killa :2guns:
he wanted gore and he got it!:twisted:

i've heard they taste like scallops????

TroutOnly
04-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Gary Trolly Told Me You Have Been Messing With Some Bats,anything Caught Out Of The Big Blue Wont Count On The Bet.i Would Love To See A Stingray,or A Big Old Flattie, Hat Must Have Been One Crazy Fight Batboy,,,lol,,,

crappiemike
04-25-2008, 08:25 PM
You Did It Dude Congrats To You!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Since fishing has been a bit slow lately, I thought I'd revive this post....

NEXT MONTH WILL BE BAT RAY SLAY MONTH !

Our target this year:

100lbs or better..

Look at the pig below....80lbs......thats my size 12 shoe there in the pic and I'm not holding it....it's being held by a forklift !

P.S.
look at the scull indentations on the fishes head !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/batray80lb4-2008-a.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/batray80lb4-2008-b.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/batray80lb4-2008-c-1.jpg

TShaffer
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
wow
i need to catch me a bat ray someday

chris
03-06-2009, 01:44 PM
what a waste... just thought i'd at that since you revived the post

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-06-2009, 02:28 PM
what a waste... just thought i'd at that since you revived the post

Yeah I know, they are real rare nowadays...!

Guess I'll have to kill the last 12 of them in existence next month...

I'll be sure to dedicate that post to you when I have their head on a pigstick.

Since your such a great conrad, maybe I'll drop one off for you too !

Also..
Let me know when you need info how how to catch such fish, I'll be sure to give you all the info you lack to catch something nice of your own.

Your a real funny guy...I guess we're buds now...I didn't know you were such a big fan.

P.S.

I have killed 2 bat rays to date in over 30 years of fishing but I'll be sure to make an example of a few next time out.

cappo
03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
we'll do the same with the LMB

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
we'll do the same with the LMB
If they are your fish then it's your choice to do as you see fit, go right ahead, it's not for me to determine what is right for you to do with your catch..you'll need to be able to catch them 1st though...better get right on that..

I'll be sure to dedicate my next calico kill to you as well...

you guys got issues...I think it may be due to lack of catching fish !

Cangler
03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
I'd love to catch a mud marlin ....

doyoufishmuch
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey gary what size hook and weight do u use when ur huntin for those monsters?

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey gary what size hook and weight do u use when ur huntin for those monsters?

5/0 Gakagakstu octopus hook with a 3 oz pyramid sinker rigged Carolina rig style so the line slides through the weight….

50 lb Gorilla micro braid line….they’ll smoke 50 lb mono like butter don’t even bother…I’ve tried it….you’ll possibly land the 30 to 40 lb on the mono but anything bigger and you come up disappointed and frustrated.

A short and stout baitcasting pole and reel with a clicker works best…when they take the bait they start running “like a bat out of hell!” that’s b4 you even drive the steel in ‘em…when they feel steel they they run even faster and longer.

When I was running Mono they were running so fast and long that they were burning up my baitcasters drag !

They will test your angling skills, it aint too easy to get ‘em on deck.

They are a blast ! I know I had tangled with 100lb plus last year b4 I went to the braid, this year I am much wiser.

Get on some of those suckas but be prepared…if you don’t have a freespool clicker, they’ll take your pole right out in front of you…in a blink of an eye…trust me …I know, it’s happened twice to me, that’s why I tell you what I am telling you now….I’ve paid some dues to those suckas in learning how to best them !

2 ten foot poles with huge reels were pulled into the water at lightning speed..

DEADROOTS
03-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Good job out there brotha! I got this one a lil while ago. My friend tried to eat it and said it was to rubbery. It weighed 68 pounds!

DEADROOTS
03-06-2009, 04:55 PM
you guys got issues...i think it may be due to lack of catching fish !

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

chris
03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah I know, they are real rare nowadays...!

Guess I'll have to kill the last 12 of them in existence next month...

I'll be sure to dedicate that post to you when I have their head on a pigstick.

Since your such a great conrad, maybe I'll drop one off for you too !

Also..
Let me know when you need info how how to catch such fish, I'll be sure to give you all the info you lack to catch something nice of your own.

Your a real funny guy...I guess we're buds now...I didn't know you were such a big fan.

P.S.

I have killed 2 bat rays to date in over 30 years of fishing but I'll be sure to make an example of a few next time out.

Never questioned whether they were rare. don't care if you kill them, or waste them, but I

will mention it since you brought it up. You do pose with dead fish often the pigstick will

make it more entertaining. I don't know what a conrad is but don't bring dead useless fish

by for me you can stink up your neighborhood. I don't lack info or consider you a

professional so no advice is needed as none was given to you.

bergie berg
03-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Also..

How hard is it? hook any stinky piece of sh*t on a big hook throw it out into a harbor of your choice and wait. I'm just messin dude, those big rays are fun to catch. Great Job!!

BishopTrouter
03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
are they supposed to be good eating? for that matter are rays even safe to eat? ive caught plenty of smaller models and i know theres way too many of them in the harbors so i wouldnt mind trying one.... then again i'd rather avoid mercury poisoning

calico killer kevin
03-07-2009, 06:35 PM
You're WEAK S***!
80lbs ain't nothin homes!
:ROFL:

(God, I hate these smilies...)

MikeAce00
03-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Gary, what are you using to bait that 5/0 hook? I've never fished for rays but that looks like it could be fun. Do these rays have the barbed tail or are there any other precautions a newb should take?

Thanks,

Mike

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Good job on the bat ray.there a real thrill to catch. Ive respected your fishing skills for a while, i was kind of surprised you killed that creature.my personnal best on lighter tackle was a 95lb ray, on a 9ft heavy action salmon rod, with a 6500 ambassitor reel, loaded with 14lb triline xt. It took 1hr ,and 35minutes ,off 72nd channel side ,to get to the jetty, almost spooling me 3 times. .3 guys went into the water to get the beast ,and yes i killed it ,and gave it to them ,which i still regret doing .this was before we all learned about c&r. Looking forward to your future reports,see you out there sometime , peace out, and god bless ...mike the pmb....

SoCalSteve
03-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Why would you bump a thread where you uselessly kill a batray? You actually WANT everyone to see you do that a second time?

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Why would you bump a thread where you uselessly kill a batray? You actually WANT everyone to see you do that a second time?

You guys are amazing, so are you telling me throughout your years of fishing you've NEVER caught a fish, kept it and intended on eating it and ended up NOT eating it ????

I did intend on eating it....but it just didnt pan out the way I had planned..

Cant beleive that a few of you actually freaked out over a bat ray, it's a bat ray...

Hell, I am a sportsman and release thousands of fish each year, as I've stated b4, I've killed TWO batrays in over 30 years of fishing and the 1st one I did eat.

I am not into fishing for YOUR approval so I'll sum things up simply, I am not breaking any california state laws by catching and killing a bat ray....it's simple as that !

Man you guys need to get out on the water and catch more fish, it's very amusing to see you SELECT few get all bent out of shape for a mud marlin..

I'll do what I care to do with my catches as you too are free to do with yours and your free to think and say what you will online and I'll submit your subsequent replies to comedy central for joke of the week.

I'd still like to meet ONE angler that hasn't caught and kept something that they intended to eat and did not...

You better really think hard about that one....I almost guarantee everyone has done that at least once...most likely more than a dozen times, that is if they are actually out catching fish.

OR killed a fish, cleaned it and let it sit in the freezer and never eat it....

Since you are all such big fans and like to talk smack rather than fish
I have decided I will SLAY AND KILL because I choose to, I will be posting up a nice recipe for you guys too as well next

Funny, you've never commended me when I release 10-30 fish in one day....nothing good ta say bout that but ya all go way out of your way to try to discredit me...

Whats up with that ???

Your free to think what ya will but it all seems more of a personal issue rather than the 1 fish.

This is fishing...fun and clean, pure enjoyment, your dragging things down and putting dirt on them.
Man, you all REALLY need to fish more...

Incredible...
Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey Gary, what are you using to bait that 5/0 hook? I've never fished for rays but that looks like it could be fun. Do these rays have the barbed tail or are there any other precautions a newb should take?

Thanks,

Mike

They have a big "spike" under the main tail....theyre relatively harmless if you steer clear of that, on a larger one it's about 4-5" and it points right out when you land them.

Many people cut that barb off but contrary to popular beleif, I do let 99.999% of them go so I do not cut that barb off, it's their defense mechanism in the wild.

Squid or cut mackeral is good, the mack is my preferred method.

Fishingmonkee
03-10-2009, 04:20 PM
what the freak.....why on earth would you catch a bat ray that size and kill. thank alot we're all going to hell now because of you.....JKJKJK

good catch, hope to catch one that size someday........
p.s. dont slay them all leave some for me......

kelpbasskid
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
next time release that beauty. no reason to kill it. not ragging just stating my opinion.