PDA

View Full Version : Grunion Fries

Liteliner
04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
I was wondering if anybody had info on the season for them. Havent done a run in over six years. I was hoping to take the wife out there to see and catch a few. She's from wisconsin so she is a bit sheltered. Just dont let her know I said that. :nutkick:

Ricky-Ray
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
According to DFG regs section 28.00. Grunion, California. May be taken June 1 through March 31.

Remember if you plan on catching them you will need to have a fishing license along with the ocean enhancement stamp unless you are under 16.

Here's some other useful info from the DFG website:

California grunion may only be taken by hand. No appliances of any kind may be used, and no holes may be dug in the beach. The season is closed April and May. While the California grunion may not be taken during April or May, these are good months to observe spawning activities.

spitbreaker
04-23-2008, 01:45 AM
april and may close season wait till june start up again

fish4keep
04-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Awwwww, some fish orgies..............

sansou
04-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Liteliner,

This is the best & most well known website for anything "Grunion" related:

http://arachnid.pepperdine.edu/grunion/default.htm

April & May are the best months to greet grunion. Have fun!

Liteliner
04-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Im going to have to wait on the date with the wife for grunion fries then. I bought her a fishing license at the beginning of the year already so she is covered. It will be her first time using it. :shock: