PDA

View Full Version : 4/21 SD Bay

Captwoody
04-22-2008, 12:29 PM
my dad and i hit SD Bay from 0630-1230 for 35 sbbs, 10 sandies, 10 yfc,s and a sargo we fished 4lb line 1/4 and 1/2 oz cotee heads and 3"gulp shrimp- nuclear chicken,new penny and swimming mullets in white and chartruse. spotties in the so bay section by the derilects sandies in front of shelter island. caught the croaker on blood worms I was targeting bonefish no love this trip in them, I guess i am spoiled 55 fish in 6 hours and i know we could have done better- later capt woody

calico killer kevin
04-22-2008, 11:22 PM
That would be a good day by anyone's standards. Hope you smack some bones next time.

ikeman
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
nice fishing! Maybe the bone when the water warms up a little more. March and April get so much contrast of water temps because of the windswell upwellings. I fish Mission a few times a year and like it down there. I want to try SD bay next. Probably better, huh?

Otherwise sounded like a nice day for you on the water!

Captwoody
04-23-2008, 06:01 PM
I had my hopes up because some bonefish were caught the week before on the SDFISHONLINE board and I know the guys that are posting. so i know it is not BS these are the same guys that helped me break my bonefish cherry now i have caught over twenty but still love to target them as they are a rare exotic, plus the sbb,s are usually plentiful in the same area-WOODY

Lightning
04-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Nice report.Good luck on the BF.I hear they put up quite a fight.

FISHINGBEE
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Nice report.Good luck on the BF.I hear they put up quite a fight.I have caught 5 bonefish ever in Sd Bay. All in different spots. One at the jetty trolling fat free shad at the rocks. Two. Harbor drive at he rest. Three at the right where the boats come out from fishermans landing . Four tubes way up bay Chula vista area National city. Five off the jetty at Shelter Island shallow side facing pier there was a bunch of small white sea bass and corvina bonefish all breaking on small smelts. was on a swim bait. As for the fight i thought it was a bonita or corvina. There is really bonefish in the bay not a whole bunch seems pop. is growing though. Two fish wonders bonefish and the corvina. All love hard jerk baits lucky craft or a td minnow or something, and Fat free fingerlings basically crank bait.

FISHNBEE