PDA

View Full Version : 4/22 Dana Point

camrydad
04-22-2008, 10:58 AM
All the cool surf reports of late got me really wanting to try it out. So yesterday my 2 bro-in-laws and father-in-law wanted to go out on a 1/2 day trip from Dana point. I was out there on sunday and talked to the guys from Dana Pride and they said not much was happening out there so I suggested we try the surf. We were going to try out CDM but after some texting with ToadsToadsOnly we decided to go to Dana Point instead.

Got there around 7am, sky was clear. A few surfers in the water near the jetty so we started to work the beach going south. Started throwing krocs and grubs. Had two bites about 15 minutes apart but I must of pulled too hard cause after I retrieved my hook it had some fish flesh on it, both on krocs. I guess more experience will help.
:skunk:

Anyway that was it for the day, I left around 9am to get to the office. But I'm glad I was able to get started surf fishing.

The whole time out there I thought how lucky I was to be able go to the beach and enjoy the really nice weather for a few hours before starting work. Something I'm going to take advantage of more often and catch some fish too. Hopefully be able to meet more FNN members also.

Fisherman57
04-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Alright CamryDad!

Nice to hear you got a chance to get out and work the surf!

Hopefully Ill see ya at the beach soon!
Thanks for sharing the report and pics! Tight lines!

Liteliner
04-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry about the skunk. Thanks for the report though. That water looks really fishy aswell. Try the LC Pointer. Its been hot for many of us this year. Specially for the butts. Good luck next time.

camrydad
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry about the skunk. Thanks for the report though. That water looks really fishy aswell. Try the LC Pointer. Its been hot for many of us this year. Specially for the butts. Good luck next time.

Hi liteliner, any specific size or color for the LC Pointer? I can't find any tackle shops around here in South OC that has any LCs at all. Need to look harder I guess.

ToadsToadsOnly
04-22-2008, 12:31 PM
I e-mail'd you the links for the LC flash minnows and pointers. Next time just try to wind on them you'll stick them good. We"ll hit the surf soon at least you had a couple bites you'll get them next time. Also next time you will be throwing the LC it has 3 treble hooks and they are all sharp once you hook a but on it pretty much a done deal.

camrydad
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys, I finally found some LCFM at Angler's Marine in Fullerton. So I'm ready to go after some big butts tooo.

Liteliner
04-22-2008, 09:30 PM
The Aurora Black is pretty good. Thats what i have been throwing. Let us know how you do...

Wingnut
04-22-2008, 09:37 PM
That surf looks so perfect... wish that I was right there throwing my hardbait. :twisted:

Don't give up, keep at it... I expect to see a successful report from you real soon. ;) :D

camrydad
04-22-2008, 09:42 PM
That surf looks so perfect... wish that I was right there throwing my hardbait. :twisted:

Don't give up, keep at it... I expect to see a successful report from you real soon. ;) :D

Oh yeah, I'll be back out there if not later this week, early next week. Hope the tides will hold. I picked up some LCs so I'm going back with a mission.....hahaha

Possman
04-23-2008, 07:06 AM
Was out there on Monday throwing Krocs as well for the same results. It was so calm, I think that might have had something to do with it. Keep trying though, that beach can be very productive..