PDA

View Full Version : Crowley lake boat inspections

retired/lasd
04-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Read a article yesterday ( don't recall the site) and it stated that the Bishop boat inspection at K-Mart will close at 1900 hrs. on Fridat night. Those arriving at Crowley after 1900 hrs will be denied entry to the lake without a inspection. It also stated that boat owners can only enter thru the main entrance, thus many that enter off of Benton Crossing will be denied entry to the lake. I can forsee a real SNAFU. Glad I don't fish the lake.

I'm leaving at 0600 Wed. morninng for 9 days and will be camped in Rock Creek. I don't really think there will be as many fishermen as years past. Last year at French Camp in Rock Creek there were almost 30 vacant sites on Sat. Night of the opener.

I think the high gas prices will keep alot of people home.

Sierra_Smitty
04-22-2008, 07:39 AM
It's definately going to be messy at Crowley....a lot of effort is going into making it go as smoothly as possible but there will inevitably a number of boaters totally unaware of the mandatory inspections and it's going to send them through the roof.

I think perhaps you're right that the opener won't be as busy as it may have been in the past....I think part of the reason for that is that a lot of folks have figured out that while the opener is a tradition for many, the fishing is just as good the next few weeks after and the crowds are waaaay lighter. I know I'm planning on waiting to fish until Sunday when the crowds are on their way home. Gas prices are figuring into it some but I don't think it's a deal breaker for most.....my resort is up nearly 30% on bookings compared to this same time last year.

JusStartnOut
04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
What is the word with float tubes? I here all about boats, but nothing about tubes.

LBanales
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
In case I do need to have my tube inspected, when do inspections start? We will be getting in town Thursday morning around 5:30 - 6:00.
39 hours to go!:beer::food:

Sierra_Smitty
04-22-2008, 02:44 PM
In case I do need to have my tube inspected, when do inspections start? We will be getting in town Thursday morning around 5:30 - 6:00.
39 hours to go!:beer::food:

It wouldn't hurt to stop by the Kmart parking lot in Bishop during the day on Thursday to double check if your tube needs to be inspected.

JusStartnOut
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks S.S. I will definitely stop by there.