PDA

View Full Version : Help W/ Lip Ripperz

DanKBecker
05-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Quick question.

I always here everyone having awsome luck with the Lip Ripperz, however, i have never caught a thing on them. I have ony tried the white and the orange and usually reel in extremely slow will bouncing the tip somewhat quicklly. So maybe is it my color, technique...I have no idea. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

So in the mean time, I will stick with my good ol' Super Duper 502, Mr. Thomas Bouyant, and the classic Castmaster.

Daniel

Peestick
05-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Quick question.

I always here everyone having awsome luck with the Lip Ripperz, however, i have never caught a thing on them. I have ony tried the white and the orange and usually reel in extremely slow will bouncing the tip somewhat quicklly. So maybe is it my color, technique...I have no idea. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

So in the mean time, I will stick with my good ol' Super Duper 502, Mr. Thomas Bouyant, and the classic Castmaster.

Daniel

I can't catch crap with them from shore but from my tube I do fairly well. When I shore fish I always throw lures. the 502 is a favorite too, give me a gold one and I'll out fish anyone.

fishfinder
05-15-2007, 09:35 PM
i find the lip ripperz from shore for stockers is the best thing going, but once the fish get out in the lake more not as good. usually only n 5' of water. i thread them with a #6 mosquito hook. with a small split about 2 feet above the hook. and bounce them pretty agressivly. (DREADED THREADED LIP RIPPERZ)

DanKBecker
05-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Quick question.

Daniel

I can't catch crap with them from shore but from my tube I do fairly well. When I shore fish I always throw lures. the 502 is a favorite too, give me a gold one and I'll out fish anyone.

I know just what ya mean, 502/gold is the best. Almost all my fish over 3lbs. were caught on them.

Peestick
05-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Quick question.

Daniel

I know just what ya mean, 502/gold is the best. Almost all my fish over 3lbs. were caught on them.

this is how much I like SD's. The little one is killer up there
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Peestick/DSC01688.jpg

DanKBecker
05-15-2007, 09:44 PM
i find the lip ripperz from shore for stockers is the best thing going, but once the fish get out in the lake more not as good. usually only n 5' of water. i thread them with a #6 mosquito hook. with a small split about 2 feet above the hook. and bounce them pretty agressivly.

Thanks for the tip. I have always just threaded the worms onto a "jighead," and I will definatly try your method. Thanks!

Lip Ripperz
05-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey buddy,

Feel free to email me at sales@lipripperz.com (mailto:sales@lipripperz.com). I can help put you on the fish... =-)

Bryan Friedman
http://www.LipRipperz.com

DanKBecker
05-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey buddy,

Feel free to email me at sales@lipripperz.com (mailto:sales@lipripperz.com). I can help put you on the fish... =-)

Bryan Friedman
http://www.LipRipperz.com

Sent you an email. Looking forward to speaking with you.

Daniel Becker

NetBoy
05-16-2007, 11:33 PM
i've been using lip ripperz since there introduction & have fished them several ways. my favorite way to fish them, is to use about two inches on a 1/32 round jig head & jig it. i went on a 5 day fishing trip two summers ago , i made it a point to fish lakes, streams & rivers that i had never fished before, i used two different colors of lipripperz orange & white(the old white with black & gold flakes in it) ,i caught fish everywhere i fished & several of those places i caught several limits, to the point that people were coming up to me & asking what i was using. maybe it's your setup , i use a 7ft ultralite rod with 2lb test line . another ? where are you fishing ? in my opinion the orange & the red white lipripperz are some of the deadliest big fish lures for so. cal & eastern sierra waters.

DanKBecker
05-16-2007, 11:50 PM
i've been using lip ripperz since there introduction & have fished them several ways. my favorite way to fish them, is to use about two inches on a 1/32 round jig head & jig it. i went on a 5 day fishing trip two summers ago , i made it a point to fish lakes, streams & rivers that i had never fished before, i used two different colors of lipripperz orange & white(the old white with black & gold flakes in it) ,i caught fish everywhere i fished & several of those places i caught several limits, to the point that people were coming up to me & asking what i was using. maybe it's your setup , i use a 7ft ultralite rod with 2lb test line . another ? where are you fishing ? in my opinion the orange & the red white lipripperz are some of the deadliest big fish lures for so. cal & eastern sierra waters.

I grew up and live in the Eastern Sierras and have made it a point to "try" a Lip River on nearly every fishing trip. Tried them at Intake 2, Owens, PVR, Upper Kern, Lundy, Virginias and a few of the Mammouth lakes. I too am using an ultralite rod but I think it may be too short.

fishingkid15
05-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Those are some nice looking spoons,