PDA

View Full Version : Tube launches at Newport

Yellowfinsnapper
04-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Have a question..............where can we launch a float tube at or near the Turning Basin at Newport Harbor?????
Thanks.
Yellowfinsnapper

sonarbp
04-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Try launching at 15th street and kick accrossto the turn basin.....will take about 20 mins to get there.....

sonarbp

Yellowfinsnapper
04-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Man........that's a long ways. No other place to park your car and get on the water???? Seems to me from the aerial maps from Google there are lots of what seems like little parks and such.

Twenty minutes pumping away seems like it takes the "relaxation" out of float tubing!!!!
Thanks.
Yellow....

sonarbp
04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Man........that's a long ways. No other place to park your car and get on the water???? Seems to me from the aerial maps from Google there are lots of what seems like little parks and such.

Twenty minutes pumping away seems like it takes the "relaxation" out of float tubing!!!!
Thanks.
Yellow....

Yeah it is a bit of a kick but if you plan it right you can ride the tide back to the turn basin and around Lido Island.....fishing the docks and moorings. The parking is not to bad!!! Just park in the residental area around the corner about 50 to 100 ft away. It is free to park there.

There is some places closer but the parking is a bit tougher.....mostly metered parking around there and not to many places to launch.

I will do some research and let you know if I find a better place to launch.

sonarbp

Yellowfinsnapper
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks. I plan on scouting things out on Tuesday, work permitting.
Yellow...