PDA

View Full Version : Gas Cans?

Brian_GSC
04-21-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna be fishing up at Lake Nacimiento next month for 4 days. I only have 2 6-gallon tanks for my boat (16ft w/80hp), and that will only last me a couple of days. I don't want to pay the HIGH price of fuel at the lake. I used to borrow a couple gas cans from a buddy...but he doesn't have them anymore.

Does any one have any suggestions on where to get CHEAP gas cans?

~larissa
04-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm gonna be fishing up at Lake Nacimiento next month for 4 days. I only have 2 6-gallon tanks for my boat (16ft w/80hp), and that will only last me a couple of days. I don't want to pay the HIGH price of fuel at the lake. I used to borrow a couple gas cans from a buddy...but he doesn't have them anymore.

Costco has them pretty cheap

nismotech91
04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Harbor freight?

GeordyBass
04-21-2008, 09:09 PM
BPS?They have a 12 gallon for i think $52....

aboos
04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
we went to AUTO ZONE and picked up 2 of those 5 gal tanks. i think they were like $15 or $20 a piece. they have those nozel things where you just flip around and can pour it right into the tank. well worth the money considering gas on the lake is like $1 more per gallon.

Brian_GSC
04-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone! I checked about BPS, Cabelas, Westmarine, and a few others. As it turns I found somebody that will lend all the gas containers I will need!

I really didn't want to have to go all the way to the marina at Naci to get fuel...considering I am staying at the opposite end of the lake...and it takes time to get from one end to the other..especially when you have to be aware of lake lice the entire time!

Ricky-Ray
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
How about a fuel bladder? I'm not sure how much they cost but they fold up and take up very little space when not in use. If not now maybe something for the future. Just food for thought.

breeze71
04-22-2008, 04:51 PM

Brian....I've got two 6 gallon tanks sitting in the backyard. If you want to borrow them just send me a pm.