PDA

View Full Version : Lake Success 4-20-2008

dalean08
04-21-2008, 12:50 PM
The Lakeshow and I went to Lake Suckfest. Got on the water about 6:30AM or so. Started off by the trees(east end)for no love. We then moved to the Highway Bridge that goes over the lake I got a taker on my Rattle Trap small dinker though so no picture and threw him back. We then tried the dam for no love and then the vista point area for no love off of the water by 12:15 PM.There was a Tourney going on Sunday and was wondering if any one knew the fish counts? I was also read the Riot Act by the Lakeshow for being the only one on the Rajun Cajun to bring a fish aboard something about the rule # 2 Catch more fish than the captian you have to swim back or something?? I still hate this lake, Lake Success my *****. Anyway still better than doing yard work or cleaning the house!!! Thanks T- Rose

trail blazer
04-21-2008, 05:42 PM
better luck next time bro,,,,,,,,and i agree THAT LAKE SUCKS,,,,,,whats worse is that its the only lake around close that lets you boat all night!!! CONGRATS on beating the skunk!!!!

Skaguy04
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Well better luck next time!

TaftMan
04-22-2008, 07:34 AM
i hate that lake to... they should change the name to LAKE NO SUCCESS
:evil::evil::2guns::censored:

BakoBassin
04-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I've had more good days than bad there. It's real stingy this time of year. Especially with the up and down weater and water levels.

Maybe some day I'll show you guys where and how ;)

there's a spot that always produces around 11 or 12 when the weather's cooler. I'm not even sure if it's in the water now though.

tracker13
04-22-2008, 12:55 PM
gotta second what Bako said, used to go alot and did well on LMB and Crappie
don't have a scanner or i would post some pics from before my digital cam.
Bako, i can think of 2 spots, 1 of them i'm sure is where your talking about.
Good fishing to you Guys :beer: "COME ON"

bretmoua
04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
You can also fish all night in a boat at Lake Kaweah.

BakoBassin
04-22-2008, 01:35 PM
This was nearly a 15 pound limit I caught this time of year, 4 years ago at Success...from my float tube. All the fish are mine. I culled and caught some smaller that day.

http://a786.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/68/l_fff7b385b11923cbe136b919168f6109.jpg

fishinjunkie
04-22-2008, 10:25 PM
For starters, I live in porterville, which is right by lake success. The major problem for success is the fluctuating water levels. Last summer there was a major fish die off. It was really bad. It was stated as one of the worse the DFG has ever seen. They're supposed to be fixing the dam, but there has been many delays. Success can have its good days, but you have to fish it at the right time. Supposedly the fluctuating water levels and inconsistent weather hasn't allowed the bass to move shallow. When they do it can be a pretty amazing bite on any type of soft plastic.

dalean08
04-23-2008, 07:15 AM
BAKO your alive thought I would never hear from you again!! well Bako I will buy the DD Orange Juice and Gin and then you will have to show me where the spot is!!!!! ;) ;)

BakoBassin
04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Haha...If anything we can do a night trip on a full moon during the summer. Caught a lot of nice ones along the dam at night...

http://a121.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_01c1a6520cbc7f600cfdfeb98d140250.jpg

FISH ON
04-24-2008, 07:43 PM
i have fished there many times over the years. some days bass on every 3-5 casts. (mostly dinks) then some days couldn't buy a bite. my go to spot was always at the bridge pylons and surrounding rocks on plastics. i was there late last summer and was shocked at the water level. it looked like the pond behind truxton lake. so if you were able to fish around the bridge the water has rose like 100ft (just a guess) any way a huge fluctuation no wounder the bite is slow. thanks for the report Dalean.

joe man
06-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I have had some of my best LMB action since moving to Ca. in Success but I have also met the skunk there a few times. I like fishing top water in the tree areas. I have not tried my floatube there but with it I should be able to slay. The rumor I heard is that they were going to drain the lake this summer but I have been told that they are now allowing the water to come up and they are going to postpone the draining until Isabella dam is fixed. Has anyone got more information on this?

migfrias
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
This was nearly a 15 pound limit I caught this time of year, 4 years ago at Success...from my float tube. All the fish are mine. I culled and caught some smaller that day.

http://a786.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/68/l_fff7b385b11923cbe136b919168f6109.jpg

hey, I know that dude! Far left hand side--------BJ Welley.............right?

Miguel

dockboy
06-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Success is a solid lake, just inconsistent. I have a good friend in Bakersfield who fishes it and Isabella mostly. Its got a better fish average weight and size than most lakes. This year a tourney team had 35lb. limit for five fish in one of the big tournies up there. That's a 7lb average. One of the best lakes in Clai when the bite is on.

BakoBassin
06-10-2008, 07:44 AM
hey, I know that dude! Far left hand side--------BJ Welley.............right?

Miguel

Yep...Haven't talked to him in quite a while though.

sky
06-10-2008, 02:40 PM
The best time to go to Lake Success is in the springtime...when the hillsides are green....and the air temperature is mild.

In the summer, it is super HOT, and extremely dry in the campground that has very limited amount of shade.

I personally didn't like a thing about Lake Success or Lake Kaweah.