PDA

View Full Version : PVR - Power Plant - Owens 4/18-4/20...pics/report

big_mike_70
04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
happy monday to all... well fished bishop area the week before opener...damn forgot most places were still closed..oh well

4-18
--decided to open the weekend with a day at PVR...we walked about 2 miles in past the trees, threw everything i had, soaked 12 different power baits...nothing for me...only person to catch a fish was the homie Perry...6lber on a night crawler @ the DAM
--also fished on the power plant side walked about a mile in, fished for about 2 hours when they released water into the creek. had to leave was way to merky for fish to see.

4-19
--today we decied to start at the power plant...me and my homie Dane killed it right in front of the powerplant...C&R'd over 30 wild browns...smallies but all were caught on super dupers and mepps...size 1/8...Dane did catch a 2 lb rainbow tho on a night crawler.
--we also fished part of the OWENS at the first bridge...i believe its called LAWS bridge...took a drit road back into the middle of nowhere...cant believe we didnt get lost coming back after finishing a coupler 12vers of beer while we were back there...no fish on the owens for us...but a couple people had some nice stringers...said they were using "eggs"...couldnt get nothing else outta them.

4-20
--since we caught fish at the power plant thats where we decided to spend our last day. C&R'd about 30 fish again...smallie browns but all on super dupers and mepps...still to have that fish with no drag set fighting was fun...they were very active too. jumped outta water multiple times.

all in all a beautiful weekend...sucked that the rest of the seirras was closed but that just means ill be taking another trip up there next month...

here are some pics for ya'll to enjoy...till next time...

FishnSierra
04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
thanks for the report.

Gotta love the brownies no matter what size

Trout-Slayer77
04-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the report and pics !! way to go on the browns, and a nice 6lb bow.

big_mike_70
04-28-2008, 09:34 AM
bump...only report wit pics...

BigGameHunter
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Nice job Big Mike.....

BigGameHunter

johnsfishing
05-02-2008, 10:36 PM
nice! looks like you guys had a good trip 8-)

johnsfishing

troutslayer05
05-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Man those are some nice browns....good work. I cant wait to get back up to bishop