PDA

View Full Version : New PB for Me.

Liteliner
04-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Man I had the longest night ever. I woke up at 1 am with nothing to do. Surfed the net and had a late late night snack. I finally gathered the courage to wake up the wife and get my permission slip signed. Approved..... Yea baby.

Out the door at 5:30. I decided to hit up seal beach again because I had some luck there last week. Well I get to the parking lot and go get my parking permit from the meter machine. Its broken. Great. Look around and spot another one way across the parking lot. Walk all the way over there and it to is broken. Great free parking. Nice way to start the day. Hit the beach and the surf pretty big. They were crashing like every ten seconds. Tossed the LC for an hour for nothing. I was about to give up when I noticed a tail sticking out in the skinny. This thing was big. I started casting to it but he didnt want to play. I would say atleast a three foot leapord. Next time.

Well I didnt want to go home with a skunk so had to hit up a dock I know. Started out pitchin a chovy swimbait for about 15 mins. I finally get hooked up and reel it in. It feels heavy but there was no pull. Finally get it to the surface and im like great an old wash cloth or something. I pull it out of the water and this thing starts drippin purple ink everywhere. WTF. Its alive. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/IMG_0595.jpg
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/IMG_0597.jpgI think its a sea slug. A new pb for me. About two pounds. On the swimbait baby. It was pretty gross though. He dyed my swimbait purple though and I wasnt about to touch anything it touched so had to clip my line.

Well fished on and found the right color. Had a perfect cast under the dock and out came this badboy.http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/IMG_0600.jpg
Fished on some more and got a baby butt. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/IMG_0601.jpg
All fish and slugs released safely.

one_leg
04-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Congrats to you on the new PB sluggo!!!

Permission slip.....yeah right!!! You ditched her, didn't you?

Those other fish weren't too bad either.;)

Zombie Bass ATTACK
04-20-2008, 12:16 PM
nice man halibut love that big hammer christmas tree!! i lost a 36p in newport bay on that color!! good luck to you next time.

Larbear,
Team 86

Liteliner
04-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah christmas tree is my go to color. Hope it slays away at clemente next week..

GeordyBass
04-21-2008, 01:11 PM
LOL i caught one of those at huntington harbour and those things are gross as hell!

Liteliner
04-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I didnt ditch her one leg. Didnt want my fishing rod broke in half. : P

Bassmaster they are indeed nasty... It was also caught in huntington harbor.

Fisherman57
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Multi species day! Congrats!
and a PB sea slug......... YEAH BABY!

Thanks for sharing the report and pics!

Santa Fe Eric
04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
LL,
I love the whole permission slip thing :rofl:

Also, the thought of your wife breaking yourf fishing rod reminds me of that Ugly Stick commercial.

Nice fish and report!

Santa Fe

sansou
04-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Congrats on the Korean delicacy! LOL!

Cangler
04-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Beats catching condoms .....

TShaffer
04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
i know what you mean
i was fishing the surf at seal beach next to the pier and saw at least 15 condoms on the sand and in the water
i even stepped on one in my bare feet *SICK*:cry:

Liteliner
04-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I have been lucky. I havent run into condoms on the beach yet. Thats nasty too.

ghetto dad
04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
LOL!!! Thanks for the report man....dont let alan get ahold of that slug, hell go missing for HOURS!!! :rofl: peace

GD

Wingnut
04-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Yikes, crazy looking creature. :shock: Glad it didn't (or couldn't) squirt you with the purple ink. I wonder if it makes good cut bait. ;)

GeordyBass
04-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Yikes, crazy looking creature. :shock: Glad it didn't (or couldn't) squirt you with the purple ink. I wonder if it makes good cut bait. ;)
KILL EM ALL!
I wouldnt even want to touch those things let alone cut it up!LOL!

FreeWilly
04-21-2008, 09:49 PM

Lmao, don't want to know.

Nice report anyways (even though the slug stuff was a bit messy :D)

vince champion
04-22-2008, 12:32 PM
LMAO @ ghetto dad comment

"LOL!!! Thanks for the report man....dont let alan get ahold of that slug, hell go missing for HOURS!!! peace"

one_leg
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
LMAO @ ghetto dad comment

"LOL!!! Thanks for the report man....dont let alan get ahold of that slug, hell go missing for HOURS!!! peace"

Vince, just for that you should have to fish next to ghetto dad all day long on the Spitfire the next time we go out fishing on her.
:rofl:

ghetto dad
04-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Vince, just for that you should have to fish next to ghetto dad all day long on the Spitfire the next time we go out fishing on her.

:rofl:

you act liek that would be a bad thing alan....fishing next to YOU is.....actually, i retract that comment, cuzz any side of the boat youre on, people move to the opposite side cuzz you dont stfu.....

one_leg
04-22-2008, 07:39 PM
you act liek that would be a bad thing alan....fishing next to YOU is.....actually, i retract that comment, cuzz any side of the boat youre on, people move to the opposite side cuzz you dont stfu.....

I hope nobody figures out that I like to fish without rubbing elbows.
My secret rail clearing techniques took years to perfect.

vince champion
04-24-2008, 11:26 PM
LOL oo man you guys are too much. I would love to fish with either one of you, How bad can it be? haha