PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara Overnighters

Liteliner
04-18-2008, 08:32 PM
Has anybody been on one before. I was thinking about goin on one soon. My buddy says the islands are only few miles out. He said you spent most of the night catching bait in the harbor. Is there any truth to this??? If the islands arent that far out then why the overnight trips? Im looking to break in my new toys. I did it. I got some LUCANUS JIGS. I need to see what all the hype is about. Where better to get nice rockfish then Santa Barbara. Any suggestions on boats?

Tail Chaser
04-18-2008, 09:04 PM
From Channel islands Harbor
Its only 13 miles to Anacapa Island.
19 miles to Santa Cruz island.
Fairly long haul if the boat plans on going around Santa Rosa to San Miguel island

Have no idea of the all night bait catching.
Doesn't sound right

IN2DEEP
04-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Spending most of the night catching bait in the harbor? :shock:
Your buddy is mistaken. Sometimes you spend the night trying to catch live squid out on the squid grounds.
I believe that there is only one overnight boat there and it's a good one.
Best to call the landing for available trips.
http://www.sealanding.net/

This is the overnight boat for a limited time till they head back down to San Diego.
http://www.apollocharters.com/

Liteliner
04-18-2008, 11:29 PM
My buddy said they were trying to make mackerel for the ling cod.

mrjonez
04-21-2008, 09:53 AM
is this "buddy" you?

Brian_GSC
04-21-2008, 11:18 AM
The Apollo is the only overnight boat out of Santa Barbara...however it is a good one! JJ does a great job!

If Ana Capa, Santa Cruz, or even Santa Rosa is the target you may want to consider going south a little and hopping on the Pacific Dawn or the Mirage. Both are great operations with great captains.

Liteliner
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
No the buddy is not me. HAHAHA. Seriously its not. I would rather go out of one of the oxnard landings. They are closer as I will be driving up from orange county. Probably will do the mirage.