PDA

View Full Version : Oceanside Surf 4/15 and 4/16

Possman
04-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Went out two days if a row after work to fish the incomming tide. Seems like the fishing is a little better down here on the lower side of an incomming tide, once the tide gets too high the water is just really messy and I don't get many bites.

On wednesday I was getting bites left and right, but only managed to hang 2 BSP. I think I'm using pieces of worm that are too big, cause they manage to pick at the bait without getting the hook.

Yesterday started out good as I got short bit by something big on the first cast, but couldn't get the hook set. I bought some Gulp! Sand Fleas to try something different this time, but no love. Switched back to camo sand worm, worked the whole beach from the short Jetty to the pier for just one small BSP. All fish released to fight another day....here's one pic..

BingJr
04-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Keep the bigger worm and just rig a little stinger hook with a smallish mosquito style hook, it will prove to be deadly. Used it alot while sight fishing for LMB's and trolling for Stripeys with bait. The bigger bait is easier to find in the surf and you will catch the bigger fish on it as well. I see no surf in you picture.. :) it looks like a mill pond. Great catch!

Binger Out!

sansou
04-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Use less fish crack and the proper size hook.

The hook-up ratio will improve.

Good luck out there!

CoffeaRobusta
04-18-2008, 11:45 AM
You could also thread that worm up the line.....don't stop at the eyelet of the hook, but slide it up the line and set the hook farther down the worm.