PDA

View Full Version : Toon or Tube??

pasadenafishin
04-17-2008, 05:08 PM
I am thinking of getting a toon or float tube to fish Puddingstone, does anyone have any input on the pros and cons of getting a pontoon over a tube, and visa versa. Which one should i get, a toon or a tube, my price range is $250 or less

thanks PF

Z-TUNAKILLER
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
hey pf, i can't say anything about a tube, bad or good, i have never owned one, but i would recommend a toon, i luv mine and i am sure glad i got one. i was think about a yak, but after doing a little research & talking to Ron about toon's, i ended up with ToonZilla.....:thumb::thumb:....... only bad/good thing about a toon is thinking about all the toys/fishing equipment, you want to add on....:mrgreen:

as far as your budget goes $250.00 is no going to get you much of a toon, but Creek Co. has a deal on their low end model + free shipping......

have a look ?

http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php?primaryAutoID=239&Cat=Featured

GOOD LUCK

ToonZilla

FISH ON !

Ronira
04-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey Pasadenafishin, I don't have a bad thing to say about tubes and they get the job done for a lot of good fisherman. It's no secret I'm a big fan of toons for a couple reasons. They are MUCH faster when trying to get somewhere and they can carry a ton more gear while they do it. They can be rowed with oars, driven around with a trolling motor, and be used as a kickboat with fins like a tube only faster carrying more weight with less effort while you sit higher out of the water creating less drag. They can be equipped with an anchor system and if you put a trolling motor on it you can tow your tubing freinds around so they can keep up. Toons do cost more but the tradeoff is well worth it I think. I've had my toon for almost 3 years and love it a ton. Good luck with whatever you chose and be sure to show off a few pics. Ron

matt duarte
04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
did u have to ask???? toon of corse

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic
04-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey I use to have the same question. I started off with a float tube, the fish cat 4, which cost about 150. It was nice. You sit a little higher than the rest. But I needed a little more. I fished with the tuna killer a couple of times and saw his toon. And he got around fairly easily. Plus he has everything on it: fish finder, trolley motor, rod rack and so on. It got me thinking, but I wasn't sure. So I was going through sports authority, just looking around. I came by a toon by Cimarron that was $200 plus 20% off. So I bought it. I love it. I sit about eight inches higher, its easy to move around in, and I carry more tackle and rods. I fish down at Puddingstone about every other week. If you fish there a lot, you've probably seen me in a float tube on Sail boat Cove. You catch a lot more fish on a toon or tube because you are able to get to places that you can't reach off the shore. I suggest either one, but if you are able to I suggest going with the Cimarron toon at this price. If you're going to be at Puddingstone this weekend. I will be fishing in sailboat cove on my toon with my two buddies and their tubes. So if you see me give me a shout. I'm Wyatt from Team Hook 'Em.

pasadenafishin
04-19-2008, 10:39 AM
where is the best place to buy a toon. I was thinking sports authority or sportchalet.

Ronira
04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
What model toon are you interested in? Your probably better off ordering one online.

pasadenafishin
04-19-2008, 11:31 AM
What model toon are you interested in? Your probably better off ordering one online.

I am thinking of a fishcat. i knew some1 would say get it on line but, i wanna go float tube the Pudd tomorrow.

Ronira
04-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Cheapest fishcat on there website is 450.00. If your going to spend that much you should shop around. They do make a nice pontoon.

tacklejunkie
04-19-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd suggest my cougar but the dang thing went up $200 in price after I bought it! :lol: I got it for $600 and now it sells for $800! :shock::lol: :thumb:

Z-TUNAKILLER
04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
hey pf, PM sent ..............

if your not in a hurry and want a DEAL ?

or try Cab's ... same toon as tj's......... Cab's put their name on it...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0040031317457a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCHFEAT&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=pontoon&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=pontoon&noImage=0

ToonZilla

FISH ON !

Ronira
04-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd suggest my cougar but the dang thing went up $200 in price after I bought it! :lol: I got it for $600 and now it sells for $800! :shock::lol: :thumb:
I saw that over at Bass Pro the other day dawg, dayum. I paid 699.00 for my ODC 1018 and now it's 899.00. That seems like a lot of inflation for the product but I guess there selling a bunch of them.

tacklejunkie
04-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah like Z says, that's pretty much the same as mine. Those are awesome pontoons for the money! And that one is still $600 vs the cougar that went up to $800..

Yeah what up with that Ron, We're making a profit while we fish homeboy! :lol:
If my toon gets to be worth 1K I might have to "flip" it!

Ronira
04-19-2008, 03:15 PM
That's what I'm talking about dawg. :D Hey I think wifezilla's gonna let me out of the house to fish next week, wanna do Perris?

Z-TUNAKILLER
04-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I saw that over at Bass Pro the other day dawg, dayum. I paid 699.00 for my ODC 1018 and now it's 899.00. That seems like a lot of inflation for the product but I guess there selling a bunch of them.

hey Ron, BPS is a rip off....

try cab's .... SALE PRICE ... ebay has an even better price !

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0035903316666a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&Ntt=pontoon&noImage=0&Ntk=Products&QueryText=pontoon&Ntx=matchall&N=4887&Nty=1

ToonZilla

FISH ON !

Z-TUNAKILLER
04-19-2008, 03:17 PM
That's what I'm talking about dawg. :D Hey I think wifezilla's gonna let me out of the house to fish next week, wanna do Perris?

RON............

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRR-DONE !

Ronira
04-19-2008, 03:19 PM
hey Ron, BPS is a rip off....

try cab's .... SALE PRICE ... ebay has an even better price !

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0035903316666a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=18&Ntt=pontoon&noImage=0&Ntk=Products&QueryText=pontoon&Ntx=matchall&N=4887&Nty=1

ToonZilla

FISH ON !
That's what I paid 3 years ago Z dawg but mine came straight from Creek Co in Colorado. Cabela's list that boat at 899.00 with a sale price of 699.00. Seems like a great buy for the times.

Z-TUNAKILLER
04-19-2008, 03:24 PM
That's what I paid 3 years ago Z dawg but mine came straight from Creek Co in Colorado. Cabela's list that boat at 899.00 with a sale price of 699.00. Seems like a great buy for the times.

YEAH RON, good price, i got a better price.....i saved a few $$$ buy ebaying.....

ToonZilla

FISH ON !

tacklejunkie
04-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Yeah we gotta set something up soon. Wanna get out there and throw some C-rigs! Next weekend is gravy.. got another destination for tomorrow.

Ronira
04-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Yeah we gotta set something up soon. Wanna get out there and throw some C-rigs! Next weekend is gravy.. got another destination for tomorrow.
Right on dawg, I'll let you know what day soon as I can. I bought some bigger baits to use and the right hooks so I don't farm so damn many. :oops:

Ronira
04-19-2008, 03:35 PM
YEAH RON, good price, i got a better price.....i saved a few $$$ buy ebaying.....

ToonZilla

FISH ON !
I remember you telling me about that Z, you probably got the best all around deal on a high end toon. Me and TJ both paid the same thing for ours even though there two different boats.