PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del Rey last night 4-16

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Went to Marina Del Rey last night after work,
Barbiegirl, Rez and his Girlfriend met me out there near high tide.
The Rays were really active and I was geared up for them last night with some great 50lb micro braid. The braid worked well and proved to be a good match for the 20-35lb class or better toads, we didn’t get into the monster 50-60lb class last night but it’s all good, we’ll see how it fares matching up to the bigger models soon !

Barbie was slaying away…Rays, Sharks, Sandsharks, she wasn’t playing favorites.
We were treated to some pretty consistent action, they were nailing mackerel and anchovies (sliced).
I think I saw that crazed look in her eyes that I get when fishing, I may be rubbing off on her, she tore ‘em up !

We laid into many of them but only landed 4-5 of them, unfortunately there were many that got hooked up on my 25 lb test rods, these suckas were smoking the 25lb test w/o blinking an eye, that gear was no match for these beasts !.

Barbie even had one spool her on 25lb test, that was pretty trippy watching that happen, that sucka actually launched out of the water right after he spooled her too, that was some exciting stuff.

Rob got to experience saltwater fishing for the 1st time, I think he’s “hooked” now after landing a big toad ray, it was his personal best fish so far…Congrats Rob !

A whole lot of fun was had by all, we’ll return for more action soon in search of the 50-60 lbders or more.
Gary

ThemBastards
04-17-2008, 02:44 PM
That things a monster Gary. Nice fishy Rez.

Oh pics were added huh? Nice Shark "Mystery Girl"

troutdog
04-17-2008, 02:49 PM
And the beat goes on for you guys....awesome job. Getting spooled is well worth the line lost sometimes...let alone getting an airial show thereafter!

Rez looks a little scared holding that suckah! :rofl:

Keep the reports coming,

TD

McMeathead
04-17-2008, 03:03 PM
C'mon out to the dock with me one night, we'll definitely catch em over 50#. Nice Muds bro.

barbiegirl
04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I look like I have jaundice.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I think I've got BAT FEVA !!!!!!!

megafisher94
04-17-2008, 04:12 PM
man i got to get down there!!!! ive been dyin for some ray/shark action and this is lookin consistant....

if you have any tips for me let me know

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2008, 04:26 PM
man i got to get down there!!!! ive been dyin for some ray/shark action and this is lookin consistant....

if you have any tips for me let me know
If you read the report threads (this and the recent ones)that should cover it all (baits tequniques, line test,water depth tides,gear etc., not to be rude but I've gone through it numorous times to quite a few people already.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2008, 04:28 PM
That things a monster Gary. Nice fishy Rez.

But what on earth does that mean ?

GeordyBass
eat the rays!
Nice job buddy!Cant wait till the hali bite picks up!

ghetto dad
If you read the report threads (this and the recent ones)that should cover it all (baits tequniques, line test,water depth tides,gear etc., not to be rude but I've gone through it numorous times to quite a few people already.
how rude....

great job gary...thanks for the report...i might hit it with you 2 in a couple weekends.....

GD

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2008, 04:30 PM
eat the rays!
Nice job buddy!Cant wait till the hali bite picks up!try around the jetty or off the jetty, that's where I'll be spanning out to soon, got 'em there last year as well, not that there aren't some where i'm fishing now...Stitch it !

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
how rude....

great job gary...thanks for the report...i might hit it with you 2 in a couple weekends.....

GD

Where ?...it's not listed

ghetto dad
04-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Where ?...it's not listed

you dont worry about that....i got the inside info!! ;) if its not cool, let me know

JSAUCE818
04-17-2008, 05:09 PM
eat the rays!
Nice job buddy!Cant wait till the hali bite picks up!

dude, the bite has been on...lol...go get em!

GARY,REZ, and ChickWithTheYellowFace(barbie) good job! you guys killed it!

CAPT'N
04-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Looks like a great time ! Rez looks a bit "tweaked" holdin that lil ray:rofl:

SS

TShaffer
04-17-2008, 09:37 PM
im still waiting for my first ray and shark
nice slay

one_leg
04-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Those aren't very bloody pictures. :neutral:......................................... ....:rofl:

Nice pics. Happy faces all around!

boxl0bster
04-18-2008, 04:20 AM
awesome report! i'd like to get in on some of those !

BingJr
04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
G, Barbz and Crew,

You guys are batty! Way to slay on the bottom feeders. I may have to go give that tug of war a try. Im starting to get the line side itch again though. We may have to go get em again here soon.

Binger Out!

KILLA
04-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Nice job Gary, that ray with you in the pic has a huge head!

killa

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Nice job Gary, that ray with you in the pic has a huge head!

killa

thats gary, not the ray......:rofl:

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-18-2008, 10:42 AM
thats gary, not the ray......:rofl:

Early in tha mornin...when I'm a nappin....here coma Ghettodad with his jaw a flappin !!!!

He say this....he say that...when all said an done....he just talkin cr@p

Hah hahhahahhaah LMAO

Batty Batty Batty !!!!!

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Early in tha mornin...when I'm a nappin....here coma Ghettodad with his jaw a flappin !!!!

He say this....he say that...when all said an done....he just talkin cr@p

Hah hahhahahhaah LMAO

Batty Batty Batty !!!!!

do you NOT remember what you told me at Irvine that day?? its ALL about crap talking!!! WAKE UP!! :rofl:

nice freestlyle, MC Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-18-2008, 11:35 AM
do you NOT remember what you told me at Irvine that day?? its ALL about crap talking!!! WAKE UP!! :rofl:

nice freestlyle, MC Gary

MC Gary: better known as MC Steel, bleed them motha’s, gotta keep it real.

Talkin smack, that’s how I roll, no betta smack be talked, at least that’s what I’m told.

See me slay at night, see me slay during the day….hey there brotha, if you see me anywhere……I’ll be slayin away !

Yes I like to fish, I cast my lines out quick, if ya say I got a big head…you must be refering to my………………photos.

I remember my friend, bring on the tainted talk, cause I can dish it out…and I can walk the walk !!!

Ha Ha Ha …no worries buddy….Gotta fish !
Gary

CoffeaRobusta
04-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow looks like a fun night! That Barbie girl sure is a butterface, no?

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 11:44 AM
MC Gary: better known as MC Steel, bleed them motha’s, gotta keep it real.

Talkin smack, that’s how I roll, no betta smack be talked, at least that’s what I’m told.

See barbie slay at night, see barbie slay during the day….hey there brotha, if you see barbie anywhere……she'll be slayin away !

I try and try, to catch more fish than her...people say thats an uphill battle, and finally, i must say, I concur!!

i try to catch rays, on a $5.oo reel..when it blows up on a fish, you dont know how bad I feel!

Yes I like to fish, I cast my lines out quick, if ya say I got a big head…you must be refering to my………………photos.

I remember my friend, bring on the tainted talk, cause I can dish it out…and I can walk the walk !!!

Ha Ha Ha …no worries buddy….Gotta fish !
Gary
i had to update your rap gary...:rofl:

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
i had to update your rap gary...:rofl:

Barbie has outfished me yes, that point you don't have to sell.

I can see that Barbie knows how to fiash............yes...I have taught her well.

If you need some tips, seek me out, I share my knowledge night and day, but for these tips will help you....yes !! but for you...you'll have to pay !

one_leg
04-18-2008, 11:52 AM

Hey CB, Here is what I think about that comment.

:finger:

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Barbie has outfished me yes, that point you don't have to sell.

I can see that Barbie knows how to fiash............yes...I have taught her well.

I wish I could fish with you on the vast blue pacific, the only problem is, a secret is, i get violently sea sick

One more secret i must tell, my hero G.D., is that last time I "fished" with alan, he gave me an S.T.D.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 12:01 PM
I think he was referring to the smiley. But just incase

lol!!! alan, you deleted that pic too late!!!

one_leg
04-18-2008, 12:08 PM
GD's wife gave me the clap, ghetto dad needs to shut his yap

gary always catches bigger bats then you, get the cookie cutter make a faux scallop stew

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 12:12 PM
GD's wife gave me the clap, ghetto dad needs to shut his yap

gary always catches bigger bats then you, get the cookie cutter make a faux scallop stew

LOL!!! your wife,,,oh, nm, you dont have one...or a GF..the only thing you have is your stock in Jergen's..gary freestyles better then you, hes from the streets fool!!!

one_leg
04-18-2008, 12:21 PM
LOL!!! your wife,,,oh, nm, you dont have one...or a GF..the only thing you have is your stock in Jergen's..gary freestyles better then you, hes from the streets fool!!!

Rap ain't music.

steve092
04-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Nice job!

Way to mix up the species of fish.

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-18-2008, 12:26 PM

I will assume this comment was an attempt at a joke referencing the smiley faces in the photos.

Barbie is a beautiful girl who is among a rude, raw, crude sometimes dense group of "men" that we call fisherman, though cracks are expected, I know you don't mean that !!!!

Gary

ThemBastards
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
lol!!! alan, you deleted that pic too late!!!

Haha and mines the one that gets deleted:lol:

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 01:39 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

one_leg
04-18-2008, 01:47 PM

What got deleted?

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-18-2008, 04:21 PM
To get back on subject, more toads will follow next week, for it is toads we seek regardless of the smack we speak !

Gonna slay away but not today !

ghetto dad
04-18-2008, 05:17 PM
To get back on subject, more toads will follow next week, for it is toads we seek regardless of the smack we speak !

Gonna slay away but not today !

lol...go kill em gary!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Ghetto Dad:

Couldn't help it...just had to do it one more time.
Couldn't let this end...without bustin one more rhyme !
Yes it's smack talkin.
It's nothin but just words.
But when you've heard my smack talk hit.
You'll know that you've been served.

I'll bring it when I'm fishin
I'll bring it noon to three
Cause in the end there will be only one
Just watch....it'll be me....

Gary

one_leg
04-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh man, I wish I coulda seen Barbiegirls' batray leap clear out of the water!!!

barbiegirl
04-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Alan! :)

one_leg
04-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Hello Darlin, I hope you enjoyed the pics I linked you too. ;)

troutdog
04-19-2008, 09:56 AM

You were one smiley away from changing your board name to CoffeaRobustedLip ;)

TD

Hitts0n
04-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh so we do fish the same spot! I hate fishing that spot on a hot saturday.Way to much boat traffic.But it seem at night its peaceful ! I'm no match for rays! But congrats on that huge killer!

Santa Fe Eric
04-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Ghetto Dad:

Couldn't help it...just had to do it one more time.
Couldn't let this end...without bustin one more rhyme !
Yes it's smack talkin.
It's nothin but just words.
But when you've heard my smack talk hit.
You'll know that you've been served.

I'll bring it when I'm fishin
I'll bring it noon to three
Cause in the end there will be only one
Just watch....it'll be me....

Gary

I see that you can let the blood and the rhymes flow! :p

Nice Work!

E