PDA

View Full Version : Epic sat 04?12?08

WOKIEE
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Well went out to Corona Del mar to try some surf fishing by the bait barge at about 700am. Meet up with CoffeaRobusta one of our members. I started with a lucky craft lure 110 flash minnow sardine. he was also using a lure don't remember. no luck. We then moved to a near by small jetty facing the the barge. Then switched to fresh water anchovies I got at an Asian market. That's when the epic sat started it worked great for jack smelt, large ones both CoffeaRobusta and my self got a couple and some. He also caught a tiny sand dab on muscle. So at least the skunk was gone. So from the jetty we moved to the nph harbor for some variety. I pulled my fishing kayak from the back of my truck and started paddling. Coffearobusta stayed on a public dock that i launched from still fishing. i was using a xps sardine sinking style lure just trolling it. When out of no where a white croaker hit the line. he was about a 12 inches or so. 12:00 pM CoffeaRobusta says hasta la vista. Then about half n hour later a cuda hit with all its might, it scared the s**t out of me cuz I was chatting with a lady which was on a boat near by. (yes she was a hottie) lol. so about 2:30 or so and i get another nice hit a beautiful spotted bay bass this guy fought nicely..all fish were released for another day. "May the force be with the fish". Wokiee

doyoufishmuch
04-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Right on, great lookin fish. that bass looks like a fatty. thanks for the report

Wingnut
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Nice variety, that's what I like about fishing the salt... you never know what ya gonna get. :cool:

sansou
04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Nice variety, good job!

CoffeaRobusta
04-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Dang it. I'm never fishin with you again. You catch all the fish! J/k That was a fun day even though I didn't catch much. I'll post my pics when I get home.

WOKIEE
04-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Dang it. I'm never fishin with you again. You catch all the fish! J/k That was a fun day even though I didn't catch much. I'll post my pics when I get home.

yea it was