PDA

View Full Version : Four Jefferey?

augertail
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm looking to book a trip out to Four Jefferey this June, but am wondering which campsite to reserve. I think it was #5 that has the really nice open area for a bigger tent away from the fire pit, but it could be #4. I just want to make sure to reserve the right site as last time there we had to camp in the upper loop sites among the bushes with ZERO level ground for the tents. If anyone knows the site I'm talking about and the correct # I'd really appreciate it. Or I'd love to hear about other campgrounds-sites you'd recommend in the Sabrina/South Lake area. Thanks.

Sierra_Smitty
04-14-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm looking to book a trip out to Four Jefferey this June, but am wondering which campsite to reserve. I think it was #5 that has the really nice open area for a bigger tent away from the fire pit, but it could be #4. I just want to make sure to reserve the right site as last time there we had to camp in the upper loop sites among the bushes with ZERO level ground for the tents. If anyone knows the site I'm talking about and the correct # I'd really appreciate it. Or I'd love to hear about other campgrounds-sites you'd recommend in the Sabrina/South Lake area. Thanks.

This should help you out.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Four_Jeffrey_Ca/r/campgroundDetails.do?page=details&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73703&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Sabrina Camp, Willow, Intake II and North Lake are all better campgrounds IMO....although they're first come first served. Good luck!

besttimespent
04-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Great choices from Smitty.

Crawler
04-14-2008, 02:05 PM
we always camped at four jefferys. The best sites are just down stream of the camp host down in the trees. You can walk about 30 yards back and pull fish out of the stream. Its like butta.

seal
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Camped all of the mentioned campgrounds. Like most campgrounds there are fantastic spots that get booked/occupied first. Four Jeffreys reserved spots are now all upgraded and are fantastic spots for RV camping, although not all are good for the tent camping. Some of the non-reserved spots that you have to hike down to from parking are extremely cool. The reserved spots just to the right as you come in the campground, next to the creek, are better tent spots than the ones that hook to the left at the end of the campground. Go with the Reserve America site and all this will all make better sense when you view their map.

I personally camp F Jeffreys every year.

Have Fun!

calvaryguy23
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Personally I love four jeffery but i like sabrina more. That's where me and my family are going this year. and btw shouldn't this post be in the general area thanks.

Cal

Badfish2
04-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I can't stand four jeffery, There are hardly any trees in this campground and in the summer it's miserable crazy hot there. Sabrina campground areas are WAY better but they tend to fill up faster. Four J is a last resort. I guess it's better than camping at Hesperia lake but, I'd rather drive up the road a little farther and camp out in Rock Creek Canyon if Sabrina campgrounds were full.

seal
04-15-2008, 12:21 PM
I guess this is one of those 'to each his own' posts. There are plenty of sites with trees at 4 jeff, but plenty that are exposed also. I personally enjoy fishing all day then being able to look up at the sky and watch the stars, so trees kinda get in the way.

But any camping in the Sierra's is good camping to me....

calvaryguy23
04-15-2008, 09:57 PM
yeah seal i was thinking about it and there is a lot of trees at least for the outer circle sites i can see what they mean that there is no trees in the middle but yeah. just have to get a good site and know which one to get.

Cal

Badfish2
04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
If Sabrina Campground is full, check out Big Trees Campground, it's 100x better than Four Jeffery.

Joshua
04-15-2008, 10:36 PM
The campground isnt that bad. I only stay there for the trout opener, as it is one of the only campground that is ALWAYS open for the opener. Gotta stay along the creek or the loop on the East side. Not alot of trees in the center of the campground

seal
04-16-2008, 08:03 AM
If Sabrina Campground is full, check out Big Trees Campground, it's 100x better than Four Jeffery.

Boy you really don't like 4 Jeff, LOL! Sabrina is great but limited, never camped at Big Trees though. All is good.....

Badfish2
04-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Boy you really don't like 4 Jeff, LOL! Sabrina is great but limited, never camped at Big Trees though. All is good.....

:rofl: No, I love all the campgrounds up there, but I just hate to see people drive 4 hours to camp in a desert-campground next to 400 other people. There are so many campgrounds up there, why choose the one that looks the worst? But someone above had it right, everywhere up there is pretty sweet. I'm hardly at my campground when I'm up there anyway.. I'm always fishing, I fish well into darkness