PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del Rey-Chase Park-sat 4-12 w/ Barbie & One leg

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Met up with Barbiegirl & One_leg over at Chase park after a long day of slay at Pyramid.

They are troopers themselves, after being on the spitfire, they decided to come on over to my backyard and see what the ruckas was all about, though the fishing was slower than a few nights before, we found a few that wanted to attend our party.

Barbiegirl, started off the action by stating, with conviction "I'm On !" and proceeded to let one of them rays feel the steel, after a nice battle she brought it to net, sorry bout the fuzzy pics, I didn't have my camera, we only had a camera phone.

A while goes by and the big bait pole goes off, in shorter increments...Zzz Zzz Zzzzz, the steel gets set ! and low and behold.....Barbies 1st leopard shark, that sucka had some beautiful color...

after a little while longer, the big bait pole goes off again, this time it's the same 'ol song and dance that I've been raving about....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz set the steel and that sucka goes off like a "BAT OUTA HELL"

well this bruiser was running out and sorta left, my reel was getting hot and I'm running outa line, again I thumb the spool to slow it down, it cooks 3 line indentations into my finger, the reel's drag starts again with that herky jerky stuff zz zzz then it overheats again, I only have about 20 foot of line left now anyway, so I square up aginst 'em, it's me or him....or the line.....SNAP the 50lb line's toasted again, I am laughing out load, even though it's another one lost, it's still great fun and makes for a good story...more will follow.

I want to congratulate Barbie on her 1st shark, I think a halibut is waiting in the wings for her as well.

Good times....more will follow.
Gary

crappiemike
04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Nice Story, If You Want The "big One" Break Out Your Tuna Gear....

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 11:00 AM
nice report gary...thanks man....

LOL!!!! nice "thumbing" the spool man....fingerprints are over rated anyways man....:rofl:gletmethumbthespoolgary......lmfao

one_leg
04-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Barbiegirl has Mad Skittles fer shure.

Her Leo was pretty nifty. Got her all excited. Woo Hoo!!!

Her batray wasn't too shabby either. Too bad the idiots who caught it before she did had to cut the whole damn tail off of the poor lil beastie.

As for your batray, that frickin thing wasn't gonna be turned no matter what.
It was headed to Santa Barbara at full speed. :shock:

You got that place wired. Something REAL BIG is gonna be on the dock shortly I believe.

Guess we are gonna have to kick it up a notch to 4/0 reel with 100 lb spectra.

I gotta keep an eye out for a deal on a radio control boat to drop my baits off in the channel. No need for a heavy weight that way. I know I won't be able to cast my trolling rig as far as I'd like.

crappie stalker
04-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Sounds like blast over at the Marina.. I am gonna have to get out there nd give it a shot.. It is only bout 8 miles from the house.. Baarbiegirl you are reallly giving it to the fellas.. Catch after catch.

CS

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-14-2008, 12:05 PM
nice report gary...thanks man....

LOL!!!! nice "thumbing" the spool man....fingerprints are over rated anyways man....:rofl:gletmethumbthespoolgary......lmfao

Gimgonnakillmearayanydaygary

I think Im going to try some fire line, I don't want to go real expensive on these big fellers.

I'll square up to 'em straight out with very little drag on it...I'll probably end up straightening more hooks.

More ta follow

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Gimgonnakillmearayanydaygary

I think Im going to try some fire line, I don't want to go real expensive on these big fellers.

I'll square up to 'em straight out with very little drag on it...I'll probably end up straightening more hooks.

More ta follow

:rofl::rofl: good luck bro, i know ull get em

phish
04-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Those Leos are such amazing fish to look at...I just caught one for the first time last year.

phish
04-14-2008, 12:28 PM
very nice lookin feesh...

troutdog
04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
SHARK!!!:shock:

Nice job out there, sounds like a great time! Keep the reports coming.

TD

GeordyBass
04-14-2008, 01:59 PM
kill them all!Uhhh wait this isnt the pyramid report!LOL J/K
Nice Job Barbie,One Leg,and GkillthemallorelseGary!

BingJr
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
So after You wore me out at the mid on the striper slay and I was home asleep in a puddle of my own drool on the couch, you went back out fishing again? Your a freekin nut. And yes your screen name is still tooo long, im just going with G. Great job Barbie, congratz on the bay exotics. We all know gary is gonna drag something up to the dock here shortly. Awsome job you guys.

G - No more rockstars for you.. :)

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
So after You wore me out at the mid on the striper slay and I was home asleep in a puddle of my own drool on the couch, you went back out fishing again? Your a freekin nut. And yes your screen name is still tooo long, im just going with G. Great job Barbie, congratz on the bay exotics. We all know gary is gonna drag something up to the dock here shortly. Awsome job you guys.

G - No more rockstars for you.. :)

I was actually supposed to have a musical backyard gig/getogether and play rockstar but that got cancelled..

Just FYI, it's MONSTER drinks cause we're fishing for those MONSTER toads !

I know I'm a nut, that was 5 trips in 4 days...gotta love it, I was also invited to go back to pyramid for sunday slay but I declined......YES I declined, gotta get a LITTLE rest !!!

I think you have to have had a monster drink to reel those beasts in !!! we'll see...
Gonna attack again later this week....me thinks !~