PDA

View Full Version : 4/12/08 HOT day on the Spitfire

k3vin_kim
04-12-2008, 08:22 PM
It must have been 90 degrees on the water today. Today's spitfire trip was set by absolutely perfect conditions on the water. No wind - No clouds - Unfortunately not much current but PLENTY of hot sunshine.

k3vin_kim
GhettoDad (w/neice michelle and her bf chris?)
(h)G(h) Money
Eric
One leg
and Newcomer Barbie Girl got together and boarded the Spit and ventured out for some rockfishing. With the boat loaded with upwards of fifty something people, we still had plenty of room to spread out. The anglers that knew what to do packed the bow and the stern. The majority of the boat found a spot on the starboard and port.

Captain Steven in the wheelhouse, Morgan-BobbyK-Lil' John on Deck and Derrick in the galley. All performed a top notch performance. And special guest Mac-Daddy from Kencore doing his raffle and giving away many great gifts including a brand new kencor rod.

I'm not sure where we went or how many spots we tried but for the most part, each spot produced fish. The whole day was spent drifting at approx 240 feet of water until the last hour when we anchored up and the final 30 minutes we moved closer to the shallow for Lings, goats and whitefish.

The HOTSTICK today was Eric. Unfortunately we all had to know he was the hotstick b'cuz he kept howling and screaming everytime he hooked up. Hey Eric, Nobody likes people who boast OKAY? Geez.

Anyways, I'm really tired so I'm just going to post the pics that I took today and hopefully the guys will add on.

The boat JP went to one of the regs that were on the stern with a 25 inch Ling and Congrats to Ghettodad for winning the side JP with a huge Boc. Eric did come up with a nice red snapper though in the first 10 minutes of fishing. I ended up limiting out on assorted Rockfish and Gmoney (when he stood next to me) always had a nice bend in his stick. Alan was consistent on the dropper loop as he normally is (when he wasn't babysitting Barbie girl). ANd Poor Barbie girl... she was given Bonine (or GHB) and was unconcious for 93% of the trip. What happened girl? I'll let her tell her side of the story...

I had a blast guys. Good times Good people Good food Good weather and Good night~!

(by the way, you're welcome all you guys for me showing up today. It's always a pleasure I know. Stand by for "th3_l3gend" Fat-head in the near future).

Peace.

KK

(oh by the way, G-money slow down when you're driving over those hills ey?)

JapanRon
04-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi K3vin_kim,

Nice job to all on the fishys .... well ..... except for the one MIA !! Yet another .... sigh .... Saturday trip on the Spit with the gang !! Me ... no ... I ain't jealous !!

Very much enjoyed the well done read there K3vin_kim ....... and await some play-action descriptions and asides from others.... remember guys .... the asides are sometimes the real grabbers.

Hi guys,

So pitch in with your own versions .. I promise to take every version as the gospel !!

JapanRon

k3vin_kim
04-12-2008, 08:46 PM
nice to hear from you ron. It's been a while since we shared a rail. Hope to c you this summer.

Ricky-Ray
04-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Great report. Spitfire always get's on the fish. Way to go!

ghetto dad
04-13-2008, 06:58 AM
It was CAPT STEVEN who ran the boat k3v.....thanks for posting the report, great job.....I unfortunatley had forgotten my camera, so i wasnt able to take any pics to post up here.....thanks for making the trip K3vin, it was FUN!! lol.......

K3vin th3 L3g3nd- Thanks for coming brother, it was great having you on the trip. I just have one question for you! "Do you know who you are talking too?" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Im still laughing about that.

G$- Great having you on the trip brother, thanks for coming. I will let you know about the 23rd man.

Erick - Great job man, all that "Hootie Hoooooo"ing every fish you hooked didnt help you in the side JP!! Whos STILL your daddy?:)

One_leg - It was great seeing you again man. Thanks for being quieter this trip. Great fishing with you again alan.

Barbie-Nice spending about 2 1/2 mintues talking to you for the entire day, the only time you werent sleeping!!! ;)

Mac D.a.doubleD.y - Thanks for making the trip mac daddy!!! We missed your bird whistle on the last trip.

SPITFIRE CREW...CAPT STEVEN, MORGAN, BOBBY, AND DEREK. THANKS AGAIN FOR ANOTHER GREAT SPITFIRE TRIP. AS USUAL, YOU ALL WORKED YOUR AZZES OFF MAKING SURE THAT OUR GROUP AND THE ENTIRE BOAT WAS WELL TAKEN CARE OF. PEOPLE THAT HAVENT TRIED THE SPITFIRE YET, YOU REALLY NEED TO GIVE THEM A SHOT, TOP NOTCH CREW GUYS. OH AND A SIDE NOTE....THERE IS ANOTHER STEVE I MET ON THE BOAT YESTERDAY, NICE MEETING YOU AND START REPLYING MAN!! CHECK THE RENDEVOUS SECTION, WHEN TIME ALLOWS, WE HAVE THESE LIL GET TOGETHERS LIKE WE DID YESTERDAY, AND YOURE MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN BRO!!!!!

PEACE

GD

barbiegirl
04-13-2008, 09:47 AM
It's not my fault Alan gave me too much meds! Boy I've never slept so good in my life! :) And it was more like 20 minutes! ;) I have to say the time I was awake it was really fun! The staff was great and hanging with the crew and Kevin was an experience for sure. I recommend it to everyone!

IN2DEEP
04-13-2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the report. Saturday was one hot, windless day on the ocean.
Captain Jason? You engaged my brain trying to figure who the new skipper was.

Hey barbiegirl,
Accepting meds from O/L?
Are you sure they were for seasickness prevention?
Or maybe they were these:
http://studenttravel.about.com/od/springbreak/a/roofies.htm
Watch out for this one, I think he's a sneaky one. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

barbiegirl
04-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes I'm sure, I trust One Leg 100% he is one of my best friends! Get your mind out of the gutter!

christainmetalhead909
04-13-2008, 04:58 PM
lol watch out for asian sensation kevin kim here looking like asain gangster lol. im just messing mang. well im feeling better ill be on the next trip when i dont work most likely. i have been working mny butt off lately. but anyways nice fish hope every one had some fun.

k3vin_kim
04-13-2008, 05:04 PM
whatever mr. miyagi. I think your car is on fire.

IN2DEEP
04-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Yes I'm sure, I trust One Leg 100% he is one of my best friends! Get your mind out of the gutter!

Oh, sorry barbiegirl if I offended you.
I thought that :rofl::rofl::rofl:would have been taken as "J/K" :D
Besides, what guy doesn't have his mind in the gutter at least part ways?

Seriously, if you plan on going on another fishing trip on a boat and you tend to get motion sickness, I hear a pill that's called scopace is "da kine" remedy. One of the good things about it is that you are able to control the dosage by how many you take. As you found out, most remedies have negative side effects such as sleepiness and dry mouth.
You'll need to see a doctor for a prescription though.
http://www.hopepharm.com/motion/index.html

Scott

k3vin_kim
04-13-2008, 06:06 PM
YEah In2deep... I LOVE SCope. Actually I've never tried the pill version of it but the little circle patch that you put behind your ear works wonders. I put 110% confidence that the scope patch will never let you get sea sick... EVER~!!!!

4g63power
04-13-2008, 06:31 PM
way to go guys...looks like a nice day out there for sure...grey wife beater and silver chain are classic kevin!

IN2DEEP
04-13-2008, 07:55 PM
YEah In2deep... I LOVE SCope. Actually I've never tried the pill version of it but the little circle patch that you put behind your ear works wonders. I put 110% confidence that the scope patch will never let you get sea sick... EVER~!!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

NICE ONE!!!
WAY TO SHOW THE PATCH RIGHT BEHIND THE EAR. :smash:

barbiegirl
04-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh, sorry barbiegirl if I offended you.
I thought that :rofl::rofl::rofl:would have been taken as "J/K" :D
Besides, what guy doesn't have his mind in the gutter at least part ways?

Seriously, if you plan on going on another fishing trip on a boat and you tend to get motion sickness, I hear a pill that's called scopace is "da kine" remedy. One of the good things about it is that you are able to control the dosage by how many you take. As you found out, most remedies have negative side effects such as sleepiness and dry mouth.
You'll need to see a doctor for a prescription though.
http://www.hopepharm.com/motion/index.html

Scott

No prob. As for the patch after seeing that pic of Kevin, I think I should just try it without taking any meds.

~larissa
04-14-2008, 09:31 AM
No prob. As for the patch after seeing that pic of Kevin, I think I should just try it without taking any meds.

Don’t let these boys discourage you from going out again. Besides, we still have a date !! ;) It'll be fun...

one_leg
04-14-2008, 09:41 AM

I would never do anything that might put my BFFFL Barbiegirl in any kind of jeopardy.

I know that she is gonna be able to hang on the salt with the best of em!

I can hardly wait to see her land her first tuna, WSB, or yellowtail. :shock: That'll be fun!!!

Thanks for the report k3vin.

I am glad that it was ghetto dad that skooled you this time instead of one of the newbies.

If I hadn't accidentally administered such a large dose of Bonine to Barbiegirl she would have prolly punk3d your *** too. :p

It was fun fishing with all of you guys, and k3vin and barbie.

On3_L3g

troutdog
04-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Sounds like the perfect day to enjoy out on the water...congrats GD on the side JP!

Yeah no double doses of seasick meds next time Barbiegirl....that stuff knocks you out big time! I have spent more than one trip catching zzzzzzs, sure feel refreshed when you get back in though! :lol:

Thanks for the report and pics,

TD

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Sounds like the perfect day to enjoy out on the water...congrats GD on the side JP!

Yeah no double doses of seasick meds next time Barbiegirl....that stuff knocks you out big time! I have spent more than one trip catching zzzzzzs, sure feel refreshed when you get back in though! :lol:

Thanks for the report and pics,

TD

lol...thanks TD.....

deanhall32
04-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Way to go guys! It must have been HOT out there!

bksteve
04-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Whats up Steve (Ghetto). Yeah it was nice meeting you on the Spitfire. As Kevin Kim stated in his report, it was one hot day.The crew was awesome and although just started fishing late last year, Spitfire has been my favorite boat.

Didn't catch a single thing but I was one of many along the starboard. Still was very fun and got to take my little cousin out for a day. Definitely will be checkin the rendezvous section for some more trips.

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Whats up Steve (Ghetto). Yeah it was nice meeting you on the Spitfire. As Kevin Kim stated in his report, it was one hot day.The crew was awesome and although just started fishing late last year, Spitfire has been my favorite boat.

Didn't catch a single thing but I was one of many along the starboard. Still was very fun and got to take my little cousin out for a day. Definitely will be checkin the rendezvous section for some more trips.

hey bro....keep checkin, or i might just pm you for "low key" trips man....the water is still cold....looks like we might get a late year...

oh btw guys, have any of you other guys noticed the excessive salt on your gear from fishing the bay??? i had salt chunks on my reels when i got home.....its like fishing the salton sea...lol....

GD

one_leg
04-14-2008, 10:34 AM
oh btw guys, have any of you other guys noticed the excessive salt on your gear from fishing the bay??? i had salt chunks on my reels when i got home.....its like fishing the salton sea...lol....

GD

I did notice more salt on my gear, but I just chalked it up to you failing to rinse my stuff off for my at the dock.

FISH_HUNTER
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GOOD TRIP WAS HAD BY ALL. EVEN W/50+ ON BOARD.
GD CONGRATS ON THE SIDE JP:thumb: , BARBIEGIRL GLAD YOU HAD A NICE NAP :titanic: WOULD HAVE WENT (THANKS FOR THE INVITE GD) BUT WIFEY NEEDS TO TAKE BONNIE ALSO BUT CAN'T (PREGNANT) SO WENT TO BBL. DAMM KK :shock: YOU BLOWING SOME CHUNKS :shock: :lol:

cappo
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds like it was a good time. Congrats to Steve on the side JP.

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Sounds like it was a good time. Congrats to cheepahead Erick on the JP.
lol...thanks man...good luck tubing bro.....

reckless_m@
04-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Looks like a lotta fun out there guys. I havent had the pleasure of fishing with the NBU dudes on the Spit yet. Whens the next FNN trip?

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Looks like a lotta fun out there guys. I havent had the pleasure of fishing with the NBU dudes on the Spit yet. Whens the next FNN trip?

lol...there was one on the boat...the #1 NBU

reckless_m@
04-14-2008, 11:20 AM
lol...there was one on the boat...the #1 NBU

lol....nvm im "moded".....scratch that.......the one #1 NBU & the FNN crew!

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 11:21 AM
lol....nvm im "moded".....scratch that.......the one #1 NBU & the FNN crew!
dude, youre avatar is KILLING me....nice........

Gmoney
04-14-2008, 11:29 AM
KK -
Great fishing with ya like always.....great convos and great times. No (h)G(h) here....the only thing growing these days is my belly :rofl::rofl:

GD....you rock... you take a lot on by helping out others....between helping peeps set up their rigs to getting them drinks...you do it all :) that is why you will always be the #1 Julie McCoy in my book!!!!

Great Job Eric....i dont care what anyone says....there was nothing funnier than hearing you yell everytime you had a fish on.....seems like it was ALL DAY. keep it up!

OL and Barbie....Had a blast hanging with y'all (and its true OLs mind IS in the gutter....dont ever think that its not). Barbie will be back and will probably be hitting em hard next time

I had a blast doing the jigging off the bottom for the first time....ok so my fish count dropped a bit but it was a great day to "play" with different methods. Next time will be for REAL!!!

PROPS to the Spitfire crew....another great job (Morgan - I owe ya one THANKS;);))

See y'all on the next trip
G$

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
KK -
Great fishing with ya like always.....great convos and great times. No (h)G(h) here....the only thing growing these days is my belly :rofl::rofl:

GD....you rock... you take a lot on by helping out others....between helping peeps set up their rigs to getting them drinks...you do it all :) that is why you will always be the #1 Julie McCoy in my book!!!!

Great Job Eric....i dont care what anyone says....there was nothing funnier than hearing you yell everytime you had a fish on.....seems like it was ALL DAY. keep it up!

OL and Barbie....Had a blast hanging with y'all (and its true OLs mind IS in the gutter....dont ever think that its not). Barbie will be back and will probably be hitting em hard next time

I had a blast doing the jigging off the bottom for the first time....ok so my fish count dropped a bit but it was a great day to "play" with different methods. Next time will be for REAL!!!

PROPS to the Spitfire crew....another great job (Morgan - I owe ya one THANKS;);))

See y'all on the next trip
G$

how would you like to get your *** beat by a girl???? :)

Gmoney
04-14-2008, 02:44 PM
how would you like to get your *** beat by a girl???? :)
heh - it wouldnt be the first time - - and sometimes i even pay extra for it

ghetto dad
04-14-2008, 02:53 PM
heh - it wouldnt be the first time - - and sometimes i even pay extra for it

:rofl::rofl::rofl:lol....nice.....

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-14-2008, 03:28 PM
I ended up limiting out on assorted Rockfish

Gmoney (when he stood next to me) always had a nice bend in his stick.

Assorted Rockfish ?????? so you spent most of the day snagged up in the rocks ?????

Or you caught a mixed bag o fish ? can you be specific ???? species, size...ounces....oh no I mean lbs !.....photos ????

If Gmoney was so happy to see you I wouldn't post up about it !!!!

LMAO !!!!!! J/k lol

one_leg
04-14-2008, 04:54 PM
If Gmoney was so happy to see you I wouldn't post up about it !!!!

LMAO !!!!!! J/k lol

:rofl:Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Especially when he leans way over the rail......LOL

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
No really guys, nice job but I'd still love ta see some pics of the bigger fish, especially the snapper and lings..
Gary

deanhall32
04-15-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey Kev-

Don't your fellow NBU members ever post replies on your stellar days at sea? Looks to me like the BBFC are the only ones responding as well as a few other dudes and chicks but what about the NBU? I miss reading their replies- especially Funjunkie74.

ghetto dad
04-15-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey Kev-

Don't your fellow NBU members ever post replies on your stellar days at sea? Looks to me like the BBFC are the only ones responding as well as a few other dudes and chicks but what about the NBU? I miss reading their replies- especially Funjunkie74.
thats cuzz he cheated on them, and fished with us dean.....lol

barbiegirl
04-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Don’t let these boys discourage you from going out again. Besides, we still have a date !! ;) It'll be fun...

Speaking of which, we need to set something up real soon. With or without the boys!

ghetto dad
04-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Speaking of which, we need to set something up real soon. With or without the boys!
start a rendevous

k3vin_kim
04-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Damn Steve, lay off the pizza. Whenever I think about you and pizza i think about that time at berth 55 and the bar lady. LOL.

ghetto dad
04-16-2008, 05:12 AM
Damn Steve, lay off the pizza. Whenever I think about you and pizza i think about that time at berth 55 and the bar lady. LOL.

LOL!!! I remember that, we were telling ymin to shove the pizza in her beer!!! He was "sneakily" spiking our drinks!!!