PDA

View Full Version : pier fishing question

DadinPain
04-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Hello all, I was curious if there was a law against night time pier fishing? I was just curious if there was a set time to be on or off the piers for fishing? I read that venice was from 6am till midnight.......are most of the others in the area the same, and is there a place I can find rules and times for diffrent piers in the southland?

Thanks for your help

Later gator
Dad

HESBROS
04-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I dont think there is any DFG regs or hours on ocean fishing. Only the hours set by local PD or Pier operators. I may be wrong though.

jonshibata
04-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Just search the name online and it should say something. Or look for the beach hours, which should be the same. I can't think of any piers that are open all night. Most of them close and the patrols will chase you off. But then again, I haven't fished at night off any of the piers in a while...

Airn33
04-12-2008, 07:14 PM
All the piers on OC are 6am till 12 midnight, but me and a buddy ended up on there till 1 am and no one chased us off, but they prolly will if you stay to late.

vagabond
04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Hello all, I was curious if there was a law against night time pier fishing? I was just curious if there was a set time to be on or off the piers for fishing? I read that venice was from 6am till midnight.......are most of the others in the area the same, and is there a place I can find rules and times for diffrent piers in the southland?

Thanks for your help

Later gator
Dad

hey santa monica is opened all night...

xtranzman
04-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Here is a good site with all the pier info you will need.

http://www.pierfishing.com/

X

ZenDragon
04-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I've fished/hoopnetted on the Ventura Pier & Goleta Pier all night long till dawn. Bring some friends though...It gets kinda spooky out there, hehe!