PDA

View Full Version : Seal Beach Halibut

ikeman
04-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Fished Seal Beach yesterday evening for a few hours. Beautiful weather but the low tide made it a little tough. Ended up with 4 short halibut, all in the 14-18" range except one that was a real dink. No legal, but nice to see the fish in. All were caught on gulp jerk shad except one hit a LC.

Nice meeting and fishing with you Timmyboy, and good job on the croakers.

SpinnerBaitKing
04-12-2008, 12:19 PM
I usually fish a Carolina Rigged Stick Bait, 6 inch Rapala, but these Gulp Baits are crackin'. You got pix of these baits and do you get them at Save On Tackle?

I was out at Belmont Pier last Saturday and it was a hide tide. I got a few short Sandies, but the action wasn't as good as it should have been. Too many bait fish in the water.

That's it.

Ants

TShaffer
04-12-2008, 01:52 PM
nice job on the halibut
too bad there wasn't any big ones

Zombie Bass ATTACK
04-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Nice job on the flattys!! yeah those jerkshads are a good bait i kill the calicos on the nucular chicken...which color were you using?

ikeman
04-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I was using the 3" smelts on an 1/8oz. owner jig head. Twitch a few time then let it sit. I get them by the bucket. Good croaker bait,too . Timmyboy was using them and was getting hit by croakers most every cast for a while. The 5" models might have landed a bigger fish.

I'm going to Dana for a while right now!

Jeff

megafisher94
04-13-2008, 04:52 PM
tshaffer we got to get down there... i bet you want a legal now:rofl: