PDA

View Full Version : More Albakore this year w/ temps cool?

halo16
04-12-2008, 02:08 AM
I was wondering if were in for another albacore season again?

2007 was not to bad if you went on the lucky day, it was on then off like every 2-3 days..

However the rest of fishing was slow imo... Yellows were few around the islands and no DO DO's like 2006...and few YFT's

Nothing against all that love albacore fishing and if the water stays cool it may be another year of good albacore fishing...but its a bummer because it seems once i hear the albacore are around it means that all the islands and offshore will be slow.

So whats your prediction for '08...my buddys are already rumbling how it's a slow start.

I wont say that unless it's slow by the end of May-June.

Fish Dog
04-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Must be that Global Warming again...

megafisher94
04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
i couldnt tell ya... i went on a trip out of san diego in july and was greeted by 12ft seas:evil: but i did manige to pull one 35lbr. missed the jackpot by a couple ozs.
went on a late season trip on the same boat and got 2 yfts (20lbs) and a skipjack(10lbs)
hoping the season is good... tuna is one of my favorite fish to catch

fishbone
04-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I was wondering if were in for another albacore season again?

2007 was not to bad if you went on the lucky day, it was on then off like every 2-3 days..

However the rest of fishing was slow imo... Yellows were few around the islands and no DO DO's like 2006...and few YFT's

Nothing against all that love albacore fishing and if the water stays cool it may be another year of good albacore fishing...but its a bummer because it seems once i hear the albacore are around it means that all the islands and offshore will be slow.

So whats your prediction for '08...my buddys are already rumbling how it's a slow start.

I wont say that unless it's slow by the end of May-June.looks like it should be a good one with this cold water staying around this late. last year was off the hook albacore
fishing, and close to the beach early on. i got fish within 12nm of point loma.yft and bft?.
thanks to the seiners. we will soon see things should start to change anytime!