PDA

View Full Version : opening day conditions??

mr. trout
04-11-2008, 02:12 PM
hi, im going to try to convince my dad to take me up for the operner on my 14th b-day like i was able to do last year. i need a little help on information and the conditions for the opener. last year i fished sabrina on the opener and intake 2 on sunday. im not sure what the conditions are like for the lakes up in bishop. if anybody could give me any info u can id aprreciate it. thanx.

-mr. trout

FISH_HUNTER
04-11-2008, 02:19 PM
HEY MT HAVE YOU SEEN THIS THREAD?

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=14177

HOPE IT HELPS, GOOD LUCK IF YOU GO DRESS WARM!!

mth1997
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I was just up at South Lake and Sabrina and the roads leading to each were not plowed, thick snow on the road. Who knows if they plow those roads for the opener, but as of a few weeks ago, you could only get to Intake II.

Good luck and happy B-day!

Sierra_Smitty
04-12-2008, 10:52 PM
hi, im going to try to convince my dad to take me up for the operner on my 14th b-day like i was able to do last year. i need a little help on information and the conditions for the opener. last year i fished sabrina on the opener and intake 2 on sunday. im not sure what the conditions are like for the lakes up in bishop. if anybody could give me any info u can id aprreciate it. thanx.

-mr. trout

South and Sabrina will be frozen..unless we have one heck of a heat wave come through and even then, I'd bet on ice fishing conditions. A motivated angler could make it to the inlets of either lake....good spots and will likely be one of the only places there will be any open water.

Intake II is ice free. North Lake is a crap shoot and it would be a miracle if the road was open. Might be worth the hike though if the road is largely snow-free, which is plausable.

The county is currently in the process of plowing South Lake Rd and by the opener, you will be able to drive to the lake. Parking will likely be a nightmare though since neither the county or the Forest Service have any interest in plowing the parking lot. We'll clear it if we have time but since we're not open for business yet, it doesn't really do us much good to take on the extra expense.

The road to Sabrina is already plowed but the gate remains closed at present.

The creeks should be fishing great in the Bishop Creek Canyon and access should be very good if the weather holds.

That's about all I can say about the Bishop Creek Drainage at present.

Peace,
Smitty
GM Parchers Resort/South Lake Boat Landing

big_mike_70
04-13-2008, 10:06 AM
thanks for the info smitty...

ill be up there this weekend...wit some friends

i really wanted to hit up bishop creek...fished it last year in AUG...had a blast

Badfish2
04-13-2008, 03:33 PM
It's going to be screwed for the opener. I'd bet on a ton of creek fishing. Buy a ton of panther martins with copper blades and black bodies and you'll be good to go. I'd also check out PVR and Diaz lake. Bishop creek should be nice though, upper sierras would be my pick. Grant should not have any ice at all, and will be wide open. Nobody ever fishes there and there are usually tons of fish biting. You just have to be ready to walk