PDA

View Full Version : Best Float tube fish finder?

SOSO
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Bass fishing is heating up! Dusted off my float tube and ready to get my PB. The huddleston swimbaits are great, but even the famous Butch Brown needs a little help from a good fish finder. Any advise..

dbae23
04-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Wussup hyung.
I don't have a tube....yet, but my fiancee' got me the PiranhaMAX 210 Portable for christmas. I use it whenever we rent a boat. It seems to work fine but if I could do it all over again, I'd spend a little more and get one that slightly more detailed. The one I have displays a little fish characters instead of the sonar type readings that the better ones have. But either way, it does it's job and locates the fish....

dbae23
04-20-2008, 06:03 PM
P.S.
I heard from Steve hyung you caught 3 and farmed 3 last night at the lagoon.
Congratulations.

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic
04-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey Sosofresh,

On my pontoon, I like to use the fishing buddy. I went from the old fishing buddy to the new LCD color display fishing buddy from Hummingbird. It's worked just fine for me. It gives you a downward and forward directional scan. I use it at the lagoon all the time. I haven't had any problems yet. The price is good, it's about $250 and I'm happy. Hope this helps you a little.

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic

SOSO
04-21-2008, 10:16 AM
P.S.
I heard from Steve hyung you caught 3 and farmed 3 last night at the lagoon.
Congratulations.

Thanks Dave. You have to get a float tube. I had to much fun. They are extremely comfortable. You can fish all day. Make sure to get Hot Spot fins. They float, so your feet will float on top without effort.

SOSO
04-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Hey Sosofresh,

On my pontoon, I like to use the fishing buddy. I went from the old fishing buddy to the new LCD color display fishing buddy from Hummingbird. It's worked just fine for me. It gives you a downward and forward directional scan. I use it at the lagoon all the time. I haven't had any problems yet. The price is good, it's about $250 and I'm happy. Hope this helps you a little.

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic

Good choice, i decided on getting the Hummingbird fishing Buddy. Cant beat it for float tubes. See you at the lagoon Wyatt..

Ronira
04-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey Sosofresh,

Wyatt-Da-Bassaholic
Hey Wyatt, did you like your old fishing buddy. I bought one for my toon and it fell apart. It still works but the handle broke off and the mounting bracket broke in half and I had to make a hokie mount on my toon. I heard the new ones from hummingbird are a lot better built. I'd like to ck one out in person. You ever fish Perris?

SOSO
04-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Wussup hyung.
I don't have a tube....yet, but my fiancee' got me the PiranhaMAX 210 Portable for christmas. I use it whenever we rent a boat. It seems to work fine but if I could do it all over again, I'd spend a little more and get one that slightly more detailed. The one I have displays a little fish characters instead of the sonar type readings that the better ones have. But either way, it does it's job and locates the fish....

Dave, what fish finder are you looking at? For float tubes?

brownloveshark
04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
so...any pictures of their worthy vessel with a hummin' bird fishin' buddy on it?

dbae23
04-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Dave, what fish finder are you looking at? For float tubes?

I have the HUMMINBIRD PIRANHAMAX 215 PT. I dont have a tube yet but I'm going get one in a few weeks.

Fastfish
04-27-2008, 06:36 PM
When I was tube'in I used a Fish'n Buddy 2255 it was gr8 I had this nifty strap that had a tube attached to the side of it so I could drop the fish'in Buddy down it it but then I found this floating transducer rig from Lowrance that changed everything that allowed me to use the lastest & gr8est that Lowrance had to offer in Fishfinders so I was able to take the fishfinder from the deck of my bassboat and use it on my tube.

Bassboat is now gone the tube remains as does the Fish n Buddy, Kayaking now and got a Lowrance on that M68c very cool set-up but the tube with the strap for the Fish n Buddy is a must it really makes the fish n buddy nicely mounted.

Fastfish

SOSO
04-28-2008, 12:45 AM
When I was tube'in I used a Fish'n Buddy 2255 it was gr8 I had this nifty strap that had a tube attached to the side of it so I could drop the fish'in Buddy down it it but then I found this floating transducer rig from Lowrance that changed everything that allowed me to use the lastest & gr8est that Lowrance had to offer in Fishfinders so I was able to take the fishfinder from the deck of my bassboat and use it on my tube.

Bassboat is now gone the tube remains as does the Fish n Buddy, Kayaking now and got a Lowrance on that M68c very cool set-up but the tube with the strap for the Fish n Buddy is a must it really makes the fish n buddy nicely mounted.

Fastfish

FastFish,

Can you give more details on the Floating Transducer rig from Lowrance. How did you rig it on the float tube? How did you rig the fish finder and power supply?

Fastfish
04-28-2008, 10:04 AM
As for the battery Yuasa Battery makes a line of sealed batteries that I really like from there YTZ line of batteries back then I used a Gel filled battery that was for a security system back-up power source again a no spill set-up, LEI extras no longer lists the floating transducer rig on there site you could try calling them as you may find someone that can help you with this I gave my floating transducer to a friend of mine that rental boat fishes always so with this and a trolling motor he is a 100% ready to rock.

Fastfish