PDA

View Full Version : City of Redondo???

esoprimus1
04-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi guys,

I'm going out on the City of Redondo on Sunday. I'm used to going out of Channel Islands sportfishing. It's my first time on this boat and I was just wondering what I should expect in regard to service. How's the crew? Does it get crowded? Do they have assigned spots?

Also, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

FISH_HUNTER
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
PERSONALLY I LIKE THE SPECIAL BETTER FOR 1/2 DAYS BUT THE CITY IS ALSO A GOOD BOAT.

YES THEY HAVE NUMBERS AND IT GETS MORE CROWED ON THE WEEKENDS BUT SO DO ALL THE

LANDINGS. THE MORNING RUNS HAVE LESS PEOPLE THOUGH. THE CREW IS YOUNG BUT GREAT. WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT FOR A

LOCAL 1/2 DAY BOAT

GOOD LUCK,POST REPORT W/PICTURES :) :beer:

esoprimus1
04-11-2008, 02:31 PM
thanks for the advice.

I'll make sure to post a report/pictures on Monday.

It DumaTer
04-11-2008, 03:51 PM
city is great!!!.. but i liked it better when brad was there. crew is still great. they really look out for all anglers and very friendly. it gets packed real easy. just went out today. with about 30 anglers. my friends got caught up in other people line i did a few times but not so bad. use 10 ounce and make sure u know where you cast and ull rarely get caught up. city been hitting the 140-230 feet. so bring 6-10 ounce. fished with the 10 the whole time. they hit alot of great areas so ull have lots of fun. and special is more experienced... but the boat is alot smaller than the city.

fishingminds
04-11-2008, 07:44 PM
If Darren is the skipper you should have a good time.

The boat is ok for 1/2 day...but a couple of things are a pain..

1) Little room for rods and gear....get there early and wait in line to board..try to take a corner for your rods and one of the ledges for your gear (I like starboard side) Do not put your gear on the ledge by the rod racks...it is a pain to get to it.

2) Wear boots for sure...super wet ride

3) Galley is tiny

Hope this helps out some.