PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
04-11-2008, 07:41 AM
I Went On Line ,to Check The Reports On The Fresno Bee Site. The Lastest Fishing Report, Dated Arpril 9th(my 55th Birthday Last Wed). I See The Most Unbelievable Thing. This Guy Holding A 9lb Female Bass In Front Of His House, As Proud As Can Be. Im Glad He Doesnt Live Down Here. The Sad Thing Is, He Probubly Caught With A Live Crawdad, Not Knowing Any Other Way ,to Catch Bass. My Son Who Lives In Clovis ,told Me The Rookie Bass Eaters Come Out ,to Feast On The Female Population Every Year At This Time ,during The Spawn .using Live Crawdads. Enough Of My Wining. What Are You Going To Do. I Hope I Catch One ,that Size, When I Go Up To Your Area Sun. Thru Wed.to Visit The Kids, And Yes Its Catch ,and Release Only With A Picture To Remember The Moment. Peace Out,and God Bless ...mike The Pmb....

FISH_HUNTER
04-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Like You Said What Are You Going To Do? Some People Don't Know Any Better, They Think As Long As They Have A License (hopefully They Do) They Can Harvest Any Fish They Can.

Ruger
04-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Millerton has different regs for fish than most places.

You can take ANY size LMB as long as it isn't between 13-15 inches I believe. The lake isn't stalked with fry, just all natural! Plus the Stripers can get big also, lake record is over 50lbs!!!

Have fun!!!!

BakoBassin
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
If it was from Pine Flat, I hope it wasn't a spot. Major brood stock there.

BassProtectionAgency
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
thats a major bummer dude..

Badfish2
04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
People don't know man, it sucks but it's true. One time I was reeling in a Rainbow at BBL and this dude asked if it was a catfish:confused:

jase33
04-14-2008, 03:20 PM
just looked at it and it said he caught it at bass lake

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/outdoors/fishing/story/512078-p2.html

IslandBoi
04-15-2008, 03:41 PM
I thought Bass were not good eating? I thought they were just a C & R fish .... that sucks .... and people always ask why our lakes out here aren't as good as the lakes back east and the mid west

Slartibartfast
04-16-2008, 01:47 PM
Some ppl fish to catch food and not just a thrill. LMB elitists are always whining about ppl who keep a fish because they 'feel' that it is taking away from their thrill and so they make moralist arguments againsts keeping bass.
Consider this, the person who fishes for food will likely catch a few then take them home. If you're the type who believes in god, well then it's the way god would have intended. The SPORT fisher keeps on fishing as his thrill of the hunt is practically insatiable; he disturbs many more nests, leaves much more pollution, and I believe is more to blame for thinning LMB populations than the few who actually fish for food. I am a sport fisher myself and would never keep a LMB especially a preggo one (or anything besides fresh stocked trout), but I also accept that some are not fishermen merely for sport, they would love to eat a fat bass that is filled with roe. Some aruge that bass are not good eating...can you be more subjective? And if you've ever actually tried to eat LMB and didn't like it, can you please be more fascist? Most would agree that carp are not good eating yet nobody complains when ppl keep them, even sport-carp fishers. Well, carp populations are probably not thinning like the LMBs are yet ppl keep them way more frequently, so that would point to a carp's resiliency in a changing, more polluted environment being a reason why they are doing fine.

Our environmental balance is going down the toilet fast due to 'progress' but you are an elitist, conditioned not to attack systems but only individuals.
They offer a scapegoat and you will hang it, and in essence THAT is why LMB populations are on the down.

DarkShadow
04-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Some ppl fish to catch food and not just a thrill. LMB elitists are always whining about ppl who keep a fish because they 'feel' that it is taking away from their thrill and so they make moralist arguments againsts keeping bass.
Consider this, the person who fishes for food will likely catch a few then take them home. If you're the type who believes in god, well then it's the way god would have intended. The SPORT fisher keeps on fishing as his thrill of the hunt is practically insatiable; he disturbs many more nests, leaves much more pollution, and I believe is more to blame for thinning LMB populations than the few who actually fish for food. I am a sport fisher myself and would never keep a LMB especially a preggo one (or anything besides fresh stocked trout), but I also accept that some are not fishermen merely for sport, they would love to eat a fat bass that is filled with roe. Some aruge that bass are not good eating...can you be more subjective? And if you've ever actually tried to eat LMB and didn't like it, can you please be more fascist? Most would agree that carp are not good eating yet nobody complains when ppl keep them, even sport-carp fishers. Well, carp populations are probably not thinning like the LMBs are yet ppl keep them way more frequently, so that would point to a carp's resiliency in a changing, more polluted environment being a reason why they are doing fine.

Our environmental balance is going down the toilet fast due to 'progress' but you are an elitist, conditioned not to attack systems but only individuals.
They offer a scapegoat and you will hang it, and in essence THAT is why LMB populations are on the down.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/elite/news/story?id=3338834

Ryguy
04-16-2008, 05:49 PM
i just read in this weeks WON that 2 12 pounders where caught and eaten by meat eaters at bass lake.

soe18a49
04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
On June 2, 1932 George W. Perry a 19 year old farmboy from Jacksonville GA, caught what is now the World's Recognized Record LMB weighing in at 22 lbs 4 ozs on a Creek Chub Perch Scale Wigglefish. He took the fish home and fed his family! I'm a True B.A.S.S. enthusiast who does his part to protect the species, however, we should respect others opinions. Some act out of malice, we all know, some ignorance (they just don't know), in any case, protecting the species and sport all starts with one person, (yourself). Tight lines and good fishing fellow HAWGERS!!! :thumb:

Liteliner
04-21-2008, 01:38 PM
That thing was close to the world record size. The world record also was killed. It was caught in a bass tournament. They kept it to weigh. Transported from place to place and left in a fish tank overnight before finally dying. Is that okay? I mean they probably were gonna release it after putting it through hell right?

Atleast this guy knew he went there to catch something to eat.

Ruger
04-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Us locals are known to love our fish...cooked up right that is, lol!

jrockn
04-22-2008, 02:16 PM
honestly the only thing you could do is educate more and more people about bass so hopefully they will understand. They probably dont even know.

Bison
04-22-2008, 05:26 PM
wanna get even more pissed, click this link and look at the 7th pic down

http://www.outdoornewsservice.com/odpkg/fish/current.html

one_leg
04-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Yeah Mike, that sucks the big one!!!

Oh yeah, that kids bass looks like he picked it up a week after it washed ashore.

Pretty cool that Brandon got that huge WSB.

T/O got his pic on the page twice.

And Alan Cole's striper is awesome!!!

There are better fish to kill out there than LMB and Smallies.

soe18a49
04-23-2008, 05:54 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"after is washed ashore."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mii
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
its just a bass. if anything people should be tripping out over someone keeping a native rainbow, brown, brook, golden or cutthroat. Ya, i dont think bass should be kept but i dont trip balls over it. anyway, look at other fish populations that are being harmed way more than largemouth like calico bass and sandbass. The PV area used to be full of big fish but its not what it used to be. sandbass are going the same way. IMO largemouth shouldnt be this coveted fish everyone loves to protect

Ruger
04-26-2008, 09:45 AM
LMB aren't native are they? At least the ones in Millerton.

Bison
04-26-2008, 03:33 PM
mii, the issue here is keeping a large female during the spawn. All spieces fish have regs of the amount of legal take but during the spawn it is an ethics issue or better yet common sense to c/r. And with all due respect a bass is more than just a bass to many people on here, and we as bass fisherman demand catch and release, especialy during the spawn. I am sure you feel the same way about the fish you are passonate about. I would say to you" it just a calico, who cares" because I do care even though I don't fish for them. We should focus our attention to the bad apples who hurt the fishin for all. Because all game fish are "coveted".

Also lmb are native to my knowledge, it was a florida strain that was introduced to increase size of the northerns

plumbertom
04-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Get over it.
Like most bass fishermen you are operating under the assumption that all the bass belong to you. I got some news for you, "It ain't so".
I have seen some of the rudest actions by these so called sportsmen, not only stupidly badmouthing someone with a couple bass on their stringer but actually throwing large rocks into the water over the heads of persons that want to take home a few fish in an effort to spook the fish. They should be arrested.
The fish belongs to whoever catches it to do what they would like, CPR (preferred) or to take home and eat, as long as it's within the regulations.
I get so tired of hearing you perch jerkers whine when ever someone takes a fish.
You don't want to see big fish taken, invest your pennies and when you get enough create and stock your own private lake.
Until then remember it's a public resource to be used according each persons preference within the law.
Stop your whining and be happy for the person that probably caught the largest fish of his life.

Bison
04-26-2008, 09:07 PM
That is the most ignorant post I have ever read. Ignorance is defined by lack of knowledge. A spawning female fish (of any species) that is pulled of her bed and not released is unethical period! And if you don't agree with that then it will be more likley than not that the children after us will not have the oportunity to experience the quality of fishing we have today. I can see your point of view but ask you to open your mind and see the big picture. Just becuase something is legal, doesn't make it right. Now for my personal opinion... If I see a guy catch a double digit bass, full of eggs off her bed and kill her, the rock I throw will not be over his head but would be in his ear! It is up to us to preserve and protect our sport that we love for our children!

mii
04-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Even though I dont fish bass and I could honestly care less about them but I believe we should do nothing but catch and release in certain areas and for certain species. Way to many factors play into why fishing has gotten progressively worse over the years and most of it has to do with expansion and a lack of funds, not as much as people taking what we have left, even though it does suck watching fish taken from a limited population. Anyway, there really are a lot of factors to take into account and the number one contributing factor is not people removing fish.

plumbertom
04-27-2008, 07:10 AM
That is the most ignorant post I have ever read. Ignorance is defined by lack of knowledge. A spawning female fish (of any species) that is pulled of her bed and not released is unethical period! And if you don't agree with that then it will be more likley than not that the children after us will not have the oportunity to experience the quality of fishing we have today. I can see your point of view but ask you to open your mind and see the big picture. Just becuase something is legal, doesn't make it right. Now for my personal opinion... If I see a guy catch a double digit bass, full of eggs off her bed and kill her, the rock I throw will not be over his head but would be in his ear! It is up to us to preserve and protect our sport that we love for our children!Typical response from a moron that thinks only he know whats what.
A good example of ignorance is you talking out of your *****.
I know quite a bit about black bass having studied and fished for them for more years than you've been hatched.
Want to talk about an unethical practice, take look at targeting fish on the spawning beds.
As I said CPR is in my opinion the best option. But the law doesn't require it. That doesn't mean I'll act like a spoiled child when I encounter someone that does things differently.
And quite frankly when you throw that rock and he turns around and throws back a piece of hot lead, the world will undoubtedly become a better place.
S#!t for brains people like you give all fishermen a bad name.

Bison
04-27-2008, 08:35 AM
wow, you have just proved my point.

good luck with that

Bison
04-27-2008, 08:45 AM
mii, well said and I agree with you, more needs to be done.

plumbertom, why are you so angry? could it have been due to all the pesticides you ingested at mendota? haaa

dude give it a rest, nobody likes grumpy people. just agree to disagree

plumbertom
04-27-2008, 12:57 PM
mii, well said and I agree with you, more needs to be done.

plumbertom, why are you so angry? could it have been due to all the pesticides you ingested at mendota? haaa

dude give it a rest, nobody likes grumpy people. just agree to disagree
Didn't you, after reading my post where I endorsed CPR while upholding a persons right to do what they are allowed to do under the law, call me ignorant?
Did you not threaten to do bodily harm to a person for exercising their legal prerogative?
Many bass fishermen, you especially, need a very severe attitude adjustment.
You think you know more than the biologists that work for and advise the DFG as to the best way to manage a fishery?
Then instead of acting with respect to the laws you go out in public and cuss at or other wise loudly badmouth a person acting perfectly within the rules.
Shame on you, shame, shame, shame.
And just so you don't think I'm talking about myself, I haven't taken a black bass from any waters in more than 20 years even though I catch plenty of them.
Also while fishing at Mendota I took none of the 5 catfish I caught. to the best of my knowledge they are all still there.
So pull your cranium out of your anal orifice and endeavor to conduct yourself as a decent human being .

Bison
04-27-2008, 01:42 PM
OK, thank you for your insight! Wow only if I had only known you sooner, I am now a better person. And of course the DFG is never wrong. thank you again for you educated and profound knowledge. you sir are my hero. if only i can redeme my self by promoting the DFG's laws and completely forget ethics and common sense.

I am done.

plumbertom
04-27-2008, 03:26 PM
OK, thank you for your insight! Wow only if I had only known you sooner, I am now a better person. And of course the DFG is never wrong. thank you again for you educated and profound knowledge. you sir are my hero. if only i can redeme my self by promoting the DFG's laws and completely forget ethics and common sense.

I am done.
As if you had any Ethics or common sense to begin with.

Ruger
04-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Bison, are you from S. CA? People to lake ratio must make fishing "harder" down there imo.

Imo us common folk is the central valley tend to eat what we catch. It's not the law abiding fisher that takes or releases his catch that hurts population, but poachers.

Would you throw that rock into the water if the fisher was with kids? Trying to catch dinner? Seems over the top and could get people hurt.

Slims
04-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I thought Bass were not good eating? I thought they were just a C & R fish .... that sucks .... and people always ask why our lakes out here aren't as good as the lakes back east and the mid west

Bass are GOOD eating actually. My grandfather used to take 2 if we got them while fishing. Always 2 then threw the rest back, I dont know why. Anyway, that was 18 years ago, and fishing morals have changed since then. I havent kept a bass to eat since I was 11 years old, because I figured out that if I wanted to catch them again, they had to go back. Its a personal choice.

But, others who stay within their size limit and daily bag, I dont have a problem with. I respectfully tell them how I feel, and why I feel that way. Some throw the fish back, other dont. What else can you do without being an *******?

But, you mention the lakes back east and midwest being better than our lakes. Fact is, most people in the midwest, and southern east coast keep EVERYTHING they catch, and eat it. You get a guy from the south out here and he sees you throw a bass back in the lake he will be confused and probably upset by it. Its not the norm to C&R out there, but more like an exception to the rule. Its just the population is more sparse, and the waters are larger.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Liteliner
04-28-2008, 01:12 PM
That is the most ignorant post I have ever read. Ignorance is defined by lack of knowledge. A spawning female fish (of any species) that is pulled of her bed and not released is unethical period! And if you don't agree with that then it will be more likley than not that the children after us will not have the oportunity to experience the quality of fishing we have today. I can see your point of view but ask you to open your mind and see the big picture. Just becuase something is legal, doesn't make it right. Now for my personal opinion... If I see a guy catch a double digit bass, full of eggs off her bed and kill her, the rock I throw will not be over his head but would be in his ear! It is up to us to preserve and protect our sport that we love for our children!

This is pretty sad. Your trying to put somebody in the hospital so you can save some bass for your kids.