PDA

View Full Version : bolsa chica jetty- pics coming soon!!!

megafisher94
04-10-2008, 07:35 PM
hello everybody,
this is my first post and my first time light line surf fishing(although, i have been surf fishing with heavy gear in the past, needless to say that im never going back to THAT again,lol)

after reading you guys posts about this spot, i thought id give it a try...
i brushed up on some tips from www.fishthesurf.com (http://www.fishthesurf.com), and my my best friend tshaffer, got my gear ready and got to the water early thursday morning!

as soon as i got there, i headed to the left jetty and put on a 1 oz. egg sinker and a 2in gulp! shrimp.

after talking to tshaffer i heard the perch were close to the rocks so i cast out about 20 feet and waited for some action!:twisted:

on my 3rd cast i got hit...HARD! i set the hook only to have my 6lb line sceam out of my reel. after about 10 min. of give& take i got the fish close enough to the rocks to see it was a 5lb hailbut!!:eek2:

apon seeing me, the fish made a very fast run and snapped my 4lb leader:censored:

oh well... i retied and cast to the same spot, i got hit immidiatly and brought in a 1lb wsp (my first!) and pulled 1 more out of the same spot.

after that the bite completely died....

i tried my LC(wingnut inspired), MORF grubs, and kastmasters.
i switched to the beach and got nothing.

as i was about to go home(about 12:30) some guy showed up on the end of the same jetty i was fishing. i watched him to see what i was doing wrong only to see him pull a fish out every cast!

i moved over next to him and instantly got bit and pulled in a 6in bsp
i countinued to get bit and pulled 3 more out of that spot.

pics are comin soon!!!!! it was all in all a good first day

megafisher94

tacklejunkie
04-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Nice work out there!
Too bad the Hali got away! :bang:
I know they're there! Tricky to get them to bite though.

Fisherman57
04-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Welcome to the board!

megafisher94
04-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice work out there!
Too bad the Hali got away! :bang:
I know they're there! Tricky to get them to bite though.

goin back saturday with tshaffer!!! maybe the hali will return?8-)

Wingnut
04-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Welcome & nice 1st post. Sounds like a very productive day, too bad you didn't land that Flat Boy... next time. ;) :cool:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
04-10-2008, 09:19 PM
nice man too bad about the hali:mad: i use braid for those bad boys